PDA

View Full Version : Kohl's shipping? How fast are you getting your orders?

silverspoons
12-10-2010, 01:30 PM
I placed a bunch of orders in Nov. from Kohls. The first few came in super fast, within 3-4 days. Now shipping has slowed down and I was wondering if it was just me and if anyone else is concerned or spoke with Kohls?
The orders I placed on Nov 26 and 29 are still "in fullfillment" with expected arrival pushed back now till dec 20th. I order some gifts for teachers or family that I needed before then (school gets out here in the 16th). The items that are taking so long are throws, vera wang cares items (jewelry), mens shirts, mens pjs and elle decor items.

anderja
12-10-2010, 02:01 PM
I placed a bunch of orders in Nov. from Kohls. The first few came in super fast, within 3-4 days. Now shipping has slowed down and I was wondering if it was just me and if anyone else is concerned or spoke with Kohls?
The orders I placed on Nov 26 and 29 are still "in fullfillment" with expected arrival pushed back now till dec 20th. I order some gifts for teachers or family that I needed before then (school gets out here in the 16th). The items that are taking so long are throws, vera wang cares items (jewelry), mens shirts, mens pjs and elle decor items.

I ordered some items the day after Thanksgiving and just got them on Tues. It took a long time! Hopefully you will get the things you need soon!

hut
12-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Here's my recent experience with Kohls.com.

I ordered a pair of boots for DS on Dec. 2nd. I called Kohls yesterday (Dec. 9th) asking when they are going to be shipped, and if they will arrive at my home sometime between Dec 13th through the 16th as stated when I ordered them. The Kohls CSR told me that he didn't know when the boots will be shipped, but assured me that they would arrive between the scheduled date of Dec 13th through the 16th. Later that day, they were shipped. The estimated delivery is now Dec 18th and instead of using Standard Ground shipping (as stated in the order email), the company decided to use FedEx SmartPost which is cheaper and hence takes longer (I believe).

I am not pleased with Kohls. I expected Kohls to ship the boots earlier and within the time frame as I was told by the CSR.

ETA: I just found out that it can take up to 15-16 days once an item has been ordered, to arrive at one's house via FedEx SmartPost (called Standard Ground by Kohls) if the order is under 8 lbs. See Kohl's Standard Ground Delivery Arrival Schedule at http://www.kohlscorporation.com/customer_service/ShippingTracking/Shipping&OrderTracking.html#standardground

silverspoons
12-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Here's my recent experience with Kohls.com.

I ordered a pair of boots for DS on Dec. 2nd. I called Kohls yesterday (Dec. 9th) asking when they are going to be shipped, and if they will arrive at my home sometime between Dec 13th through the 16th as stated when I ordered them. The Kohls CSR told me that he didn't know when the boots will be shipped, but assured me that they would arrive between the scheduled date of Dec 13th through the 16th. Later that day, they were shipped. The estimated delivery is now Dec 18th and instead of using Standard Ground shipping (as stated in the order email), the company decided to use FedEx SmartPost which is cheaper and hence takes longer (I believe).

I am not pleased with Kohls. I expected Kohls to ship the boots earlier and within the time frame as I was told by the CSR.

ETA: I just found out that it can take up to 15-16 days once an item has been ordered, to arrive at one's house via FedEx SmartPost (called Standard Ground by Kohls) if the order is under 8 lbs. See Kohl's Standard Ground Delivery Arrival Schedule at http://www.kohlscorporation.com/customer_service/ShippingTracking/Shipping&OrderTracking.html#standardground

Yes smartpost is horrible, and worse if you live in St George(usually 2 extra days). I also dislike that if you have a problem with a lost or delayed package, neither fedex or the post office wants to take responsbility. My last fedex smartpost left Arizona went to LA to oakland to kent WA, to Boise to salt lake and then to st george taking 13 days. Seems so silly since I can basically see Arizona from my house!

There are some companies that use smartpost that if you call them you can pay a small amount to have it switched to priority mail. I know Gymboree and QVC does this. I paid $1 to gymboree last time for priority instead of smartpost. I wish Kohls would offer this.

I wish kohls would be honest about the shipping dates. They have a great return policy but I want to know if I have to buy gifts elsewhere and return the kohls ones.

mizliz0809
12-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I placed an order this past Sunday and just recieved paritial items tonight.

Jodi
12-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Hijacking your thread, but

ordered 2 items from Walmart.com day after Thanksgiving and still awaiting their arrival. They told me shipped but no updated tracking information via Fedex. :(

silverspoons
12-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Hijacking your thread, but

ordered 2 items from Walmart.com day after Thanksgiving and still awaiting their arrival. They told me shipped but no updated tracking information via Fedex. :(
Was it for site to store? or home delivery?
My site to store from the 27th just arrived today (via fedex to the store)

Last year I ordered a 4 in 1 jacket for DS on BF from Walmart for home delivery. It had not arrived on Dec 16th and CS had no way to track it. They gave me a refund and the jacket came on the 21st. It had been badly mis-routed. I contacted walmart and they re-charged me. I would think that the lack of tracking would lead to abuse of the system. I was honest to admit I got my item but it never showed up as delivered in the status. Fedex home delivery also recycles tracking numbers. I had one that said delivered to porch in VA , the same day I ordered it.

Since I had to order everything online this year because I'm too sick to drive I have placed over 50 orders and the shipping has been very slow, even my ebay coupons I buy from Las Vegas to st george took 5 days!

Jodi
12-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Was it for site to store? or home delivery?
My site to store from the 27th just arrived today (via fedex to the store)

Last year I ordered a 4 in 1 jacket for DS on BF from Walmart for home delivery. It had not arrived on Dec 16th and CS had no way to track it. They gave me a refund and the jacket came on the 21st. It had been badly mis-routed. I contacted walmart and they re-charged me. I would think that the lack of tracking would lead to abuse of the system. I was honest to admit I got my item but it never showed up as delivered in the status. Fedex home delivery also recycles tracking numbers. I had one that said delivered to porch in VA , the same day I ordered it.

Since I had to order everything online this year because I'm too sick to drive I have placed over 50 orders and the shipping has been very slow, even my ebay coupons I buy from Las Vegas to st george took 5 days!

Home delivery... called after I posted this, waited on hold for 30 min and they are resending it out with 1-day delivery.

hut
12-10-2010, 07:20 PM
FYI, Kohls.com's standard shipping (in days) is probably one of the slowest compared to its competitors (this doesn't include processing time which is normally 1-2 days):

Sears.com (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12605_NB_CSshipping): Standard Shipping (1 to 5 business days)
Target.com (http://www.target.com/Shipping-Delivery-Estimates-Shipping-Delivery-Information-Ordering-Shipping-Help/b/13658211?ie=UTF8&ref=br_bx_Shipping%20%2B%20Delivery%20Estimates): Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days)
Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_468636_standard?nodeId=468636&#standard): Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days)
Walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com/cp/Shipping-Costs-Times/538380#34344): Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days)
JCPenney.com (http://www.jcpenney.com/JCP/CustomerServiceSub.aspx?DeptID=12476&CatTyp=CSR&CatID=12492): Standard Shipping (4 to 7 business days)
Kohls.com (http://www.kohlscorporation.com/customer_service/ShippingTracking/Shipping&OrderTracking.html#standardground): Standard Shipping (7 to 10 business days)

Jennie
12-11-2010, 07:25 AM
My most recent kohls order took 1 week for them to even put it in the mail. I still don't have it. 1 week is too long for processing in stock orders this time of year, IMO. THey really need to step it up. Love Kohls, but Amazon Prime has spoiled me.

jessicarae1060
12-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I placed an order over 1 week ago and it is still in fulfillment. This order was for Angel Tree and HAS to be at the church by the 16th. And we are leaving on the 17th and not going to be back until Jan. 4th. I am SO super frustrated with Kohl's. This is the first and possibly the last time I will ever order from them.

I am a spoiled Amazon Prime girl!

fun_forever_99
12-11-2010, 11:29 AM
My most recent kohls order took 1 week for them to even put it in the mail. I still don't have it. 1 week is too long for processing in stock orders this time of year, IMO. THey really need to step it up. Love Kohls, but Amazon Prime has spoiled me.

I totally agree!! It may be that I have Prime this year and it has spoiled me, but Kohl's orders are crazy slow. I had 5 orders from Kohl's this year. It has taken a long time and have only received 3 of them. The other 2 are still in limbo. Maybe I am noticing more since one of them I am waiting for is a gift for someone that has to be delivered the week before Christmas.

hut
12-11-2010, 12:47 PM
My suggestion is that if the items ordered haven't been shipped out within the next two business days (not including the day the items were ordered), than I would call Kohls up. Up to two business days (not including the day the items were ordered) is normal for processing orders. Any longer than that pushes back the estimated delivery time even further.

Kohls.com Customer Service
Please direct any questions concerning Kohls.com to this toll free number:

Phone Toll Free:
(866) 887-8884

Hours:
7am to 10pm CST Monday through Saturday
9am to 10pm CST, Sunday Source: http://www.kohlscorporation.com/customer_service/ContactUs/Contactus.html#Customer

honeymonster
12-12-2010, 02:08 AM
What annoys me is why does kohls have to split up your order for shipment. i have had stuff sent smart post & other stuff sent the fast way & there was plenty of room in the box, they are costing themselves a fortune. What is up with kohls lately.

jenjobarton
12-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I just had to put my two cents in. Everytime I have ordered from Kohls its taken weeks for my package to arrive! Last year I ordered several things at Christmas time and when I the very large box finally arrived at my door step it have a few things from my order as well as 3 other peoples orders. I could maybe see 1 extra order but 3 extra orders? Each order was all bundled seperately with a shipping reciept with the peoples contact info and everything! Not only did I not get my entire order before Christmas but 3 others didn't get anything at all!