PDA

View Full Version : ? Limit one coupon per transaction?

Jsevier
09-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Can someone please clarify for me? Maybe I'm just having a dumb moment. I have several Similac coupons (not checks) that say "Limit one coupon per transaction". Does that mean if I buy 6 cans I can only use one coupon, or can I use 6 coupons (one for each can)? Thanks in advance for your advice!!

stacyo99
09-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Im not 100% positive, but I think what it means is that you'll need to buy em one at a time. I know when I lived in Cali, if it said one per transaction, we'd have to use one coupon (with the one product), and come back later and later, and try again.

deanawo
09-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Here in AR they will let you use 1 per item, I guess it is different for every store.

Coupon-Fairy
09-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the pinchingyourpennies forums, Jsevier :!:

:wav:

"Limit one coupon per TRANSACTION" = one per receipt.
Example:
purchase 6 cans all together, on 1 receipt = allowed to use only 1 coupon;
purchase 1 can on 1 receipt = allowed to use only 1 coupon;

solution: do not ask any questions as to what you may or may not use, instead politely tell cashier "I need separate receipts for my orders today, Ms"
You are not obligated to explain why you want separate receipts. End of story. It is nobody's business. Not mine. Not cashier's. Should a nosey checker inquire as to why, tell them "it's a long story, I do not have time right now". If you only use coupon with each can you buy and nothing else on receipt, cashier will scan you coupon, take your payment, and it's done. Your transaction is complete. Move on to the next customer, or same customer with a different transaction.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Limit one coupon per ITEM" = one coupon per each item you buy, regardless of how many receipts you want to get, or how many items. If a checker tells you differently, ask for a manager. Many cashiers do not understand the coupon use rules. A manager may or may not know, but if not, tell them to call corporate, or pull out managers training manual, all the rules should be explained somewhere in some mgr. books.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Limit one coupon per VISIT" = you walk in the store, shop, buy 1 or more cans of Similac, use ONLY ONE coupon (for item in question) during check-out, pay, take your shopping bags out to your car. Your "visit" to this store is now complete. You can now lock your car, turn around and VOILA! . You are off to this same store, but it is now your 2nd visit. In the same day, within the same hour, still it is a next visit, not the first one. If you want to be really strict about following the coupon rules. Well, by all means, feel free to get in your car, drive off the store's parking lot, and take a 10min adventure around the local neighbourhood, admiring the trees, or whatever. :D Then go back & start your 2nd visit. So long as you leave the store premises and parking lot boundaries, you are definetely on your next visit.

There are more terms in use, ask if and/or when you need to know.

PYPmember
09-17-2004, 12:23 AM
I've never heard it spoken more plainly than just now. Thanks, Coupon Fairy!