If anyone wonders what to donate, you can always call (I donated 2 dozen cans of dog food (the free deal from last fall, but the local pantry was happy to get it as somein need have animals, too). That said, the following are always welcome (from COH's website):
The items charities NEED most are:
• Canned protein sources. (stews, chili, tuna, meats, beans)
• Pasta sauces, canned tomatoes.
• Peanut butter, macaroni & cheese, pastas, rice.
• Toilet paper, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste/brushes.
• Cereals including boxed and hot items like oatmeal.
• Diapers in sizes larger than newborn.