Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Where to Donate Over the Counter Medicine

I'm doing some spring cleaning and realizing that I have more medicine than our family needs. Where is somewhere that will accept over the counter medicine donations? I looked at the food bank checklist and they say they only accept them on rare occasions.
Is there any where you have donated?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by t33 View Post
I'm doing some spring cleaning and realizing that I have more medicine than our family needs. Where is somewhere that will accept over the counter medicine donations? I looked at the food bank checklist and they say they only accept them on rare occasions.
Is there any where you have donated?
I would check specifically with a homeless shelter. But I haven't done it before, so I'm not really sure what to tell you. I'm assuming everything is sealed, still in boxes/containers.

You also might consider just asking your neighbors if anyone needs anything - I can always use Tylenol and the like (especially for kids), and I'm in the process of updating our medicine cabinet, so I know I would be interested if someone were to ask me.

NEVERMIND... I just did a search for you. The Road Home in SLC says that they are unable to accept "drug" donations due to federal regulations. I'm guessing it would be the same for other homeless shelters.

This is a list of items they can accept: http://centralpt.com/upload/505/1206...rNeedsList.pdf
I noticed things like shaving cream, razors, shampoo, soap, deodorant are all listed as things that they need, in case you are overstocked on any of those items.

Read about , our 2 , our baby and our , at Sunny-Daze
Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Master Penny Pincher

National Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet Day is April 30, 2011. My understanding is that this initiative is for both prescription and non-prescription drugs.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine View Post
National Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet Day is April 30, 2011. My understanding is that this initiative is for both prescription and non-prescription drugs.
It's not expired. I would really like to find somewhere that could put it to good use. I just know we won't use it all before it's expired.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I think the Davis County Womens Shelter takes items like this.