Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Tennessee's Screaming Deals

Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Question help

Yes there was a mention on WTVF about this site. I have used coupons in the past. We are trying very had to make ends meet. I am married with 2 teenage children both with somewhat special needs my 14 year old just had his 24 surgery and my 16 year old had Asberger Syndrome a form of Autism. I have been diagnosed with CML. So we need to watch every penny. I need help getting restarted in the whole coupon thing.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Premier Cherry Pickin Mod

PYP is based in Utah.
Most of our shopping lists cover the western United States.
PYP is trying to expand into the Central and Eastern U.S.

We need members to post the name of their stores and any deals they find.

What grocery stores do you have near your area?

Kroger owns these stores: (do you have Kroger stores?)
Smith's in Utah
Fry's in Arizona

PYPers can offer you assistance finding deals, if our stores match some of your stores. Try reading the surrounding state forums, they might already have shopping lists posted that will help you.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Smile Getting started

Tracy...if I were you I would start by getting a coupon collection started. Through the sunday paper, in store, printables on line. ( betty crocker, box tops, pillsbury etc.) Then follow the sale adds at your grocery store. When you combine the sale with coupons that is when you really start to see progress. There are certain things I like to buy that we like to use/eat. I will go to that companies website and see if they have a printable coupons if not ...email that company and most of the time they will send you a coupon in the mail.

You can also look for rebates..beer rebates, company rebates, printable rebates etc. That just adds frosting to the top (increasing your savings) Go to the printing pennies forum and you can find tons of places to print coupons.

I visit the trading forum a lot to get coupons I need and give others the ones I won't use. That is fun and assists me in getting the coupons I will for sure use.

Maybe that will assist you in getting started! Good luck...you might get addicted!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

yes we have a Kroger store near us as well as a Walmart, Freds, Dollar General Market, local food store, and a Dollar Tree. My problem is I think i just get so overwhelmed with all of this; I feel like if I have a coupon I must use it NOW! and I know that isn't the point. I have also purchased food from Angel Ministries program but for some reason the food just seemed to pile up in the freezer-maybe its just me. I want to be that "Betty Crocker" wife and mother but I just get lost in the muck. Also, I tried printing off coupons and the store told me they didn't take these because of counterfit coupons how do you avoide that. Oh yeah did I mention we have a Freds and all these stores are within about 3 minutes of my home.

Thanks for the help this site seems a little overwhelming all the forums, links, etc. Why does everybody have funny login names and how can I change mine?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Premier Cherry Pickin Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy lamberth
yes we have a Kroger store near us as well as a Walmart, Freds, Dollar General Market, local food store, and a Dollar Tree. My problem is I think i just get so overwhelmed with all of this; I feel like if I have a coupon I must use it NOW! and I know that isn't the point. I have also purchased food from Angel Ministries program but for some reason the food just seemed to pile up in the freezer-maybe its just me. I want to be that "Betty Crocker" wife and mother but I just get lost in the muck.
Rule of Thumb
#1 ~ Buy what you use, Use what you buy.
#2 ~ Rotate every 3-6 months
#3 ~ if it expired over 1 year ago, chances are you won't use it - goes in garbage today!

this is what I have to do when dealing with chaos in my house.
I scale down inventory, reorganize it or toss stuff out for good.
It's very hard to stockpile groceries and supplies if my house is already a mess.
I always try to clean up any messes or cramped spaces, before buying mass quantities of new stuff.

Quote:
Also, I tried printing off coupons and the store told me they didn't take these because of counterfit coupons how do you avoide that. Oh yeah did I mention we have a Freds and all these stores are within about 3 minutes of my home.
some stores will not accept them at all.
Ask the customer service person at your local stores and see if some will.

Quote:
Thanks for the help this site seems a little overwhelming all the forums, links, etc.
PYP can be overwhelming at first, you can try sticking with only the deals threads to save loads of money.

Quote:
Why does everybody have funny login names and how can I change mine?
we use funny names to protect our identity or to be silly
send a private message to Karin or Shelley, they can change your user name.
You'll find a link by clicking on their names.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

thanks lazybear
Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default glad to see a Tn. group

I am in Knoxville.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemaker Trish View Post
Jodi-
There are no deals here that's the problem. We just moved here from Utah and I can't believe how expensive things are. Someone from Tennessee tell me please where I can find some good deals especially on FOOD!
Start collecting coupons! I used to scoff at saving 35 cents on something. What a waste of time! Now I see that I wasn't using coupons properly to get items for free or almost free. There is a very informative video on couponmom.com that will open your eyes.

Bi-Lo and Publix will double coupons up to 50 cents. They also allow you to stack store coupons with manufacturer coupons. You can buy a single item on the buy 1 get 1 free sale which makes the single item half price. Also check out the drug store deals. You can get a lot of your personal items (such as deodorant, razors, etc) almost free and sometimes free. Send me an email if you want more info. jasdawn5 @ gmail.com
Old 10-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Here in TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
Noticed a lot of new members and guests in this forum.

Did we happen to be on the news there?

Let's get this forum going. It just takes a few posters to get it started and then everyone starts sharing their finds.

For shopping lists, you can try the Grocery Guide...
http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/f...play.php?f=218
I get Pinching your Penny's e-mail