Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Religion

Old 11-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default RS Christmas Lesson

I am teaching Relief Society on the first sunday of December. It is supposed to be a Christmas lesson and I'm having trouble coming up with a direction to go with it. Any ideas to get me started?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Administrator

How about something to do with the small gifts we can give each other or ourselves everyday? Something sort of like all the small ways we can be good to each other or ourselves?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Master Penny Pincher

What about "serving others in order to keep Christ a part of Christmas?"

I did a talk on this last year and could send you an outline if you want. PM me for more info.

There is so much potential with this topic. You could share family traditions that focus on Christ. You could talk about King Benjamin's words to not judge those whom you serve. You could talk about making a plan to include service in your traditions. I used parts from Scrooge, President Monson and a ton from Christ in the New Testament (first and second great commandments; inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren . . . ). You could finish by talking about the blessings that come to your families as a result of focusing Christmas on Christ and serving Him.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Master Penny Pincher

You could do your talk about each piece of the nativity and the importance/significance of each one.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebooks View Post
What about "serving others in order to keep Christ a part of Christmas?"

I did a talk on this last year and could send you an outline if you want. PM me for more info.

There is so much potential with this topic. You could share family traditions that focus on Christ. You could talk about King Benjamin's words to not judge those whom you serve. You could talk about making a plan to include service in your traditions. I used parts from Scrooge, President Monson and a ton from Christ in the New Testament (first and second great commandments; inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren . . . ). You could finish by talking about the blessings that come to your families as a result of focusing Christmas on Christ and serving Him.
If you go with this, consider asking your chorister/pianist to use A Poor Wayfaring Man as one of the songs. Suggestion - read all the verses and pick a few that normally don't get sung. It's a long song, so most of the time people only sing the first 2 or 3 verses and you don't get the entire story.

Read about , our 2 , our baby and our , at Sunny-Daze