Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Religion

Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Faith In God / Activity Days / Goal Ideas

I was hoping that some of you might be willing to share some of the goals that your daughters have done to earn their Faith in God award.

I thought this would be easy, but I, and my children, have been feeling very unmotivated and uninspired.

My oldest daughter should receive hers by the skin of her teeth, but given that I have a 9-year old, I would love to have some fresh ideas to help us along.

Our Activity Day leaders do not do much that helps with the goals... (and I'm not sure that they are supposed to), so let's just say that it's up to the girl and parents (in my case, ME) to get it done.

Looking forward to reading your ideas! TIA!

Read about , our 2 , our baby and our , at Sunny-Daze
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

My daughter just received this award and the hardest thing for her was memorizing the articles of faith. She did it in a month although one of the weeks in the middle we didn't work on it at all. A lot of the individual requirements really aren't hard and don't take much time. Try to set apart a day where you sit down with your daughters and pick one of the goals to do for that week. Sunday would be great for that. A lot of the goals can be done in a short amount of time. One thing my daughter did under the serving others section was teach a primary lesson. She really enjoyed doing it and put forth the effort to know her material and be able to teach it. Her teacher actually gave everyone in her class the opportunity to teach a different week and I think it was a big hit. The teacher was still in the class but the child was in charge.

I do think having mom help makes a big difference in the desire to get it done. Even just going over the goals and talking about which ones they would like to do makes them feel like it is important and you care and then acknowledging when each goal is done. We were very blessed in that our current activity day leader was very proactive.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tas View Post
One thing my daughter did under the serving others section was teach a primary lesson. She really enjoyed doing it and put forth the effort to know her material and be able to teach it.
Ha! Excellent. I didn't think about having that be a goal. Every 5th Sunday, the YM/YW along with the older Activity Day girls are in charge of Primary so all the leaders can attend our joint RS/Priesthood meeting.

My oldest daughter has taught lessons multiple times and has been in charge of nursery.

Just remembered one activity they did for serving others: They have cleaned all the toys in the nursery multiple times.

Thanks for the advice! I really just need help getting ideas... I want to help my girls with this, but boy... total lack of inspiration!

Keep the ideas coming!

Read about , our 2 , our baby and our , at Sunny-Daze