Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Diet, Exercise, and Healthy Living

Old 03-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default ISO Juice Recipes

I just bought a juicer and want some great recipes for me to loose weight and yummy ones for the hubby and kids to get more good things into them.

Suggestions please!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I like a grapefruit and apple, Just use one of each for one person it fills up a glass

Then When I make my green juices I use celery, carrots and a apple and some green lettece, this is kinda gross but its worth it to lose weight

When are you starting the juice diet?

I love the juice diet thing, my last one that I did for 5 days, I ended up losing 7 pounds
Old 03-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I should get the juicer in about 2 days so maybe sometime this weekend after I get to the store and stock up on produce. I don't know if I could do an all juice diet but would love to incorporate it in for a meal or two.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I've recently started juicing in the mornings, my girls drink whatever I make, so I can't make them too "green" LOL. Our favorite lately is:

1 cucumber
3 stalks celery
4 small carrots
1 large apple
1 lemon (quartered, not peeled)

It's good, my girls will drink it (4 and 9) and they are very picky eaters. The cucumber and celery put out a LOT of juice!

ETA: What kind of juicer did you buy?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

An easy, inexpensive juice that I like is romaine lettuce (1 head) & carrots (1 lb), plus a few drops of stevia.

It's kind of a chocolate brown color, and it's called "vegetable chocolate milk". It's also good with some fresh lemon.

www.jansugarfree.blogspot.com
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I got a Breville, entry-level one, http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJE20...7&sr=8-1-fkmr0 .

Thanks for the recipes so far! I wasn't raised eating a ton of fresh fruit and veggies, most of ours came from cans, but I'm trying to change that now for my kids. I just hope I'll like the taste of all of the veggies.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass View Post
I got a Breville, entry-level one, http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJE20...7&sr=8-1-fkmr0 .

Thanks for the recipes so far! I wasn't raised eating a ton of fresh fruit and veggies, most of ours came from cans, but I'm trying to change that now for my kids. I just hope I'll like the taste of all of the veggies.
I currently have a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Express (got it many years ago), it works pretty good, but stalls sometimes when putting in harder vegetables like carrots, and when doing lemon with the rind, so I wanted to try out the Breville Juice Fountain Plus. Got it at Bed Bath & Beyond for $119 (with the 20% off coupon). It was out of stock at the store, so they had one shipped to me at no extra charge. I can't wait to try it! Let us know how you like yours, and how the juicing is going!

Adding Lemon and Apple to the Veggies really helps make it taste better. I like adding ginger to mine, but my girls don't like it at all.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Well I've been juicing randomly since I got the juicer but I'm now doing a juice fast. I'm on day 5 now! This Breville juicer has really done great!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Master Penny Pincher

me and my kids LOVE this recipe!

http://happyfoody.com/2009/07/11/gre...-with-a-twist/
Old 05-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

I just ordered one too. I got an omega on an awesome deal. I can't wait to try it out and can't wait to see more recipes posted.