Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Families, Children, Babies, and more! > Pregnant Pennies!

Old 04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Penny Pincher

Default hernia during pregnancy?

During my 2nd pregnancy I had (among the many discomforts) a pain in my groin area right next to my leg. I asked the doctor and was told it was probably a ligament stretching. After I had my baby the pain went away and I totally forgot about it. I just barely (and quite unexpectedly) found out I am pregnant and noticed a very slight discomfort in the same place as before. When I felt it this time there is a weird bump and I'm worried it is an inguinal hernia. has anyone had one during their pregnancy? Is it pretty painful and is there anything I can do about it while I'm pregnant??
Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

I haven't had a hernia, but I have had similar pain to what you are describing (without the bump). My midwife said basically the more kids you have the weaker your pelvic floor is, so things hurt more. She suggested a belly support belt to lift the weight off a bit. I haven't tried it (I'm almost done) but it is something to consider. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Master Penny Pincher

That does sound like a hernia. I got them FROM my pregnancies, but didn't develop the "bump" until after my last child, even though I always had discomfort in that area. Now I know those kids were ripping me apart- literally! I had surgery on it after my last baby. While you are pregnant, I think they make these elastic belt like things that you can wear to hold in that area. That might help with the pressure.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Smile Hernia

I had a ingiunal hernia. It was in the left side of my pelvic area. I had surgery on it. The doctor said that it was wraped aroun a bone. So he had to clip a nerve to get it out. He also told me that I was born with it. And as I got older it got worse until they had to do surgery on it. I had to have it done twice. Because I got another Hernia in the same spot. HTH
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I'm dealing with the EXACT same thing right now. Discovered the bump about 2 weeks ago (it's about the size of a large almond) and thought maybe it was a little infection or a swollen lymph node, but a hernia has been on my thoughts as well. The bump has gotten a bit smaller and the tenderness to the touch has subsided, but I still get a daily ache in that area. I see the doc tomorrow and plan to ask about it.