Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Planting, Gardening, Landscaping

Old 04-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Good Nursery?

What is your favorite garden nursery? I want to buy some plants but am not finding what I want at HD and WM. Tooele Valley Nursery seems a bit high priced. Any suggestions around the mountain? Thanks

My Blog: http://4growingboys.blogspot.com/
Wish List / Trade List
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

One of my favorite places to find great perennial plants (and convenient for you!) is Deseret Nursery. Their stock is grown on site so it is really well suited for this area. The owner is great...has added several plants to his catalog after my requests.

For annual flowers and almost all of my vegetable starts, I go to Lambert Floral. I've been buying from them for years and have never had crop failure from any plant I've purchased from them. They have a great selection early in the season and great deals late in the season as they sell off the last of the stock. I usually make 4 or 5 trips every spring.

My favorite nursery in Utah is a bit of a drive for me (I'm in WVC) but well worth it. Barney and Della Barnett run Willard Bay Gardens in Perry. It is the best place to get unusual varieties as well as pansies. We usually make two trips up there per year, one in the late spring and another in the fall for pansies. We usually time the trips to coincide with whatever fruit that we're looking for along Fruit Way.

I've also been pretty pleased with some of the planting stock that I've purchased at home centers as long as I get it soon after it comes in on the truck from the grower. Not all plants thrive sitting on concrete in the hot sun. lol.

*addresses are in the links*
Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Thank you so much for all the info! I appreciate your time more than you know. I will be checking things out this weekend!

My Blog: http://4growingboys.blogspot.com/
Wish List / Trade List