Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Photography

Old 04-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Penny Pincher

Default Underwater camera recommendation

I am looking for a decent underwater camera to take to Hawaii. I want to be able to take pictures snorkeling, at the beach, pool and on the boat. Any recommendations are appreciated.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

We used the KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera / Zx3 / Blue for our Mexico cruise (including snorkeling and a lot of underwater shots in salt water). We were happy with the quality of the video. The photos were fine as well, but don't compare to a Canon Rebel! LOL

Looks like there is a newer model as well:
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.221644700

We got ours when it first came out, and I had to search for my own deal. But, I believe these have been on sale on PYP many times!?

HTH!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariansPetServices View Post
We used the KODAK PLAYSPORT Video Camera / Zx3 / Blue for our Mexico cruise (including snorkeling and a lot of underwater shots in salt water). We were happy with the quality of the video. The photos were fine as well, but don't compare to a Canon Rebel! LOL

Looks like there is a newer model as well:
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.221644700

We got ours when it first came out, and I had to search for my own deal. But, I believe these have been on sale on PYP many times!?

HTH!
It's on sale now!!! PYP post $55
Old 05-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

I bought a Fujifilm WP camera 2 years ago when my husband and I went to Hawaii. We really think it did a good job with pictures and video. We got so many pictures of sea turtles under the water while we were snorkeling! Since our trip, my husband prefers to use this camera instead of our big, fancy one. We have also taken it to the pool with our kids and had 3 or 4 people come ask us about it because they saw my husband holding it under the water and they thought he was crazy until we told them about it. I believe it was around $100 - $125 when we bought it, and we felt it was well worth the price!