Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Diet, Exercise, and Healthy Living

Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Weight loss counselors

I live in the Sandy area and want to find someone who will help me with weight loss. I don't want to have to purchase food or supplements. I just need someone who I can be personally accountable to for diet and exercise. Any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpetty View Post
I live in the Sandy area and want to find someone who will help me with weight loss. I don't want to have to purchase food or supplements. I just need someone who I can be personally accountable to for diet and exercise. Any suggestions?
Have you looked into a personal trainer? I have a friend who has one, and he gives her a weekly meal plan/suggestion and then if she eats something more than what is on the meal plan the next day she just works out a bit extra to make up for it. But her trainer helps her personalize her workout just for her.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Sign up for LoseIt! It is a free program/app you can use on the computer or on a mobile device. If you set it up with friends that helps a TON with accountability. I have 5 friends on mine and one is on every day, like I am and we check on each other all the time and comment on our choices and progress. It's so nice to log in and see something like "Good job, that meal sounds yummy and low cal" or "Wow, you did 40 minutes on the elliptical, way to go!" Another of my friends is an exercise nut and prods me to exercise. Yet another is close to where I am with height and weight, so we compete a little. I'll be your friend if you want!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlinsmommy View Post
Sign up for LoseIt! It is a free program/app you can use on the computer or on a mobile device. If you set it up with friends that helps a TON with accountability. I have 5 friends on mine and one is on every day, like I am and we check on each other all the time and comment on our choices and progress. It's so nice to log in and see something like "Good job, that meal sounds yummy and low cal" or "Wow, you did 40 minutes on the elliptical, way to go!" Another of my friends is an exercise nut and prods me to exercise. Yet another is close to where I am with height and weight, so we compete a little. I'll be your friend if you want!
I started using this app after I read an article written by someone who said it worked for him. It tells you how many alories you an have. You enter what you eat and you know how much more you can have. If youexercise, you earn back calories. As you lose weight it adjusts the number of calories per day. It as really helped me. I don' think we realize how much we eat and how many calories are in things,. I have lost 9 pounds so far. Also, once you hit your target weight, it tells you how many calories you can eat to maintain. It is free too, so a lot cheaper than a personal trainer. Good luck.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

What about Weight Watchers?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Thanks for the suggestions. I found aligndietsystems.com I will go in once and week and review my week and set goals for the next. I will have 15 minutes with the same person everytime. The setup fee is really hefty $200. After that it's $25 per appointment and I only pay for the weeks I go in. So as I progress I can change to every other week or what ever I want.

I also go to TOPS. It costs less than $100 for the whole year and I love the people in my group. But I need someone to personally give me a kick in the pants. I will probably do both programs. One earlier in the week and the other one later to keep me focused.

I was going to say "wish me luck" but I am going to need a lot more than luck!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I haven't used LoseIt, but myfitnesspal is the same idea. I love it! It has a huge food library already which is a nice bonus.