Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Favorite Kwal Paint colors

Help! I hate that paint swatches are so small! I need a good neutral light tan/beige color. Not too yellow, not too gray or pink. What we have in our current house is kwal and its called Desert Fawn. I love it but want something different this time....if you have Kwal, what colors do you like? Also I need a dark chocolate brown color too so any recommendations/pics are greatly appreciated!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Master Penny Pincher

We have "Universal Khaki" in our home and love it. It looks different in different light. We get compliments on it all the time.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Master Penny Pincher

We had Tavern Taupe in our old house and really liked it.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

You have to keep in mind that the same color will look different depending on it's surroundings. I have a light brown (it is KWAL desert sand) in my basement that I LOVE, but the same color looked pink-ish in my neighbor's home. It depends on the lighting, carpet color, furniture, etc.

Your best bet is to get one of those little sample paint cans in a color you think you like. I can't remember what they are called, but I think they only cost a few dollars. Find a spot on the wall that you can paint inconspicuously (such as behind a picture...you can put the picture back to hide the paint), paint it and leave it there for a few days. See how you like it in the morning, afternoon, and evening. If you like the looks of it after a few days, then go back and buy more paint!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rianacj
You have to keep in mind that the same color will look different depending on it's surroundings. I have a light brown (it is KWAL desert sand) in my basement that I LOVE, but the same color looked pink-ish in my neighbor's home. It depends on the lighting, carpet color, furniture, etc.

We have deseret sand also and we love it.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:32 AM

my neighbor has what I think is called walnut. love it in her home.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rianacj

Your best bet is to get one of those little sample paint cans in a color you think you like. I can't remember what they are called, but I think they only cost a few dollars.

We went to Kwals and asked for sample cans to try out, they said they don't have those, their smallest cans are about $11!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Botany Beige is a great color. I was once deciding between it and Desert Fawn.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Penny Pincher

we have clay beige in our home. I just repainted after 8 years the same color because I love it so much. I see a pink tint 1st thing in the morning in the kitchen but I don't see the pink in the living room, or any other room in the house during the day. We have white baseboards & door frames. Last fall we changed our carpet. The brown carpet changed the look of the walls but I still love the clay beige on my walls it is a very soft color but dark enough that you can see it. good luck.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Master Penny Pincher

We re-painted our family room in May, and I decided to go a little warmer, but still neutral. The color is called "latte" and I love it. I was scared to death of anything too dark, but I finally went a little darker bc if we were going to all the effort to paint two-tone, there needed to be a contrast. We actually ended up going w/ Sherwin Williams paint vs. KWAL and bc of the discount that month, I didn't pay much more. I strongly recommend Sherwin Williams paint - it's nice paint. The color that we were going to use from KWAL that was similar to latte was called "Camel Coat." It's not near as beautiful though.