Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals

Old 05-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Penny Pincher

Question Dry Milk

The carnation dry milk has been a no show for so long that we asked about it, and we were told that both Costco and Sam's Club are no longer carrying it!! Help! This was our affordable source... everyone, where do you get your food storage milk now?
Old 05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafacit
Everyone should also consider the rebate you get if you have the Costco True Earnings Amercian Express card. You will save an additional 3% on gas from Costco, 3% on dining out, 2% on travel and 1% everywhere else including Costco purchases. I know it doesn't sound like much but it really adds up, the rebate comes once a year in the form of a check (mine was over 450). But you all probably already knew this! I am new and just a little excited to be learning all of this!
I haven't had a Costco membership in years, as I haven't had children and didn't need to buy the quantities there. Now I have one boy, and another on the way and am thinking it might be worth the membership again. This is the first time I have heard about this yearly rebate. Does it only work with Costco gas? And can you dine out anywhere with it? Thanks for the help.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanda
I haven't had a Costco membership in years, as I haven't had children and didn't need to buy the quantities there. Now I have one boy, and another on the way and am thinking it might be worth the membership again. This is the first time I have heard about this yearly rebate. Does it only work with Costco gas? And can you dine out anywhere with it? Thanks for the help.
You get a rebate check from Costco at the end of your year. I use mine to pay for my membership, so I get to shop there free!
Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Best Baby Deals Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgloves
The carnation dry milk has been a no show for so long that we asked about it, and we were told that both Costco and Sam's Club are no longer carrying it!! Help! This was our affordable source... everyone, where do you get your food storage milk now?
I frequently buy mine at Macey's. I buy the cans of milk and since it is a fine powder it actually takes much less and is comparable to the cost of the Carnation. Or it use to be, I haven't checked in a long time. I like the Country Cream (not sure if that is the right name, country something). It's instant so it mixes up quickly but is just milk, no other additives.
HTH
Old 05-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Best Baby Deals Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever-sunshine
When I was at Costco (Riverdale) last week I updated some of my lists. I got all of the diaper prices for those that need other sizes.

mrs buttersworth syrup 2/64 oz - $5.82 - 1.455 qt
Skippy Natural Peanut Butter 2/40 oz -$7.39- 1.478 lb
Eggo Waffles .142 each (sorry I didn't write down the rest)
Madarin Oranges 12/11 oz - $5.99 - .499 each
Tree Top applesauce 4/47.25 oz - $7.59 - $1.898 ea

Diapers
Huggies Size 2 - 258@ $39.35 = $.153 each
Kirkland Size 1/2- 234 @ $29.99 = .128 each
Huggies Size 3 - 224 @ $39.35 = .176 each
Kirkland Size 3 - 200 @ $35.99 = .180 each
Huggies Size 4 - 200 @ $39.35 = .197 each
Kirkland Size 4 - 184 @ $35.99 = .196 each
Huggies Size 5 - 176 @ $39.35 = .224 each
Kirkland Size 5 - 160 @ $35.99 = .225 each
Huggies Size 6 - 144 @ $39.35 = .273 each

Huggies Pullups 2T 88 @ $26.99
Huggies Pullups 3T/4T 80 @ $26.99

Little Swimmers - Small - 27 ct - $13.29
Little Swimmers - Medium - 25 ct - $13.29
Little Swimmers - Large - 23 ct - $13.29
Thank you!
I am going to repost this in the baby deals info thread and update it soon.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Penny Pincher

Default re

What's The Annual Membership Cost And Do They Have An Additional Card Facility Plmk
Tia
Old 05-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smughis
What's The Annual Membership Cost And Do They Have An Additional Card Facility Plmk
Tia
hope this helps some with your questions:
Costco membership
Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Costco Membership

Ok stick with my while I try to explain this. You can have a regular Costco Membership, an Executive, or a business membership of both types as well. Regular membership is $50 per year and Executive is $100. You can add the Amex true earnings for no additional yearly fee to any of these types of memberships. It is with the true earnings that the rebate comes in to play. The benefits you receive are better with the Executive type membership when combined with the "true earnings", but for it to be worth the upgrade you need to spend at least $2500 a year on your card. If at the end of the year you really haven't made enough in the form of a rebate to cover the cost of your membership you can return the small rebate amount you got and be reimbursed the cost of your membership. It is a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. As far as the gas reward it is only on Costco gas, but when it is usually 10 cents cheaper that anywhere else and then on top of it you get 3% back in the form of a rebate, why would you buy it anywhere else! Just plan ahead to buy gas and groceries at the same time! I hope this makes sense. If not, anyone at costco will be so happy to explain it!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Does anyone here know the price of a case of Powerbars at Costco?
Old 05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

I read in a Reader's Digest article that if anything at Costco ends in .77 then it's a huge deal. Can anyone verify that? Anyone who works at Costco?

I'm doing the lemonade diet and was looking for lemons... the cheapest place was Walmart. I used to think everything was cheaper at Costco but I'm learning to not shop blindly anymore.