Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Preparedness tips

Old 05-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

so what's the best way to store water?

i have heard that plastic bottles are bad to reuse/wash as they might end up containing toxins - and add on top of that, what would adding the drop or 2 of clorox do to the toxicity of the water?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

you can get used buckets from Farr's Ice cream (lid and bucket) for $2.5. They are in great condition and prefect for wheat or sugar or salt and such
just call them and tell them how many buckets you would like to order
Old 05-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Premier Cherry Pickin Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonhead
so what's the best way to store water?

i have heard that plastic bottles are bad to reuse/wash as they might end up containing toxins - and add on top of that, what would adding the drop or 2 of clorox do to the toxicity of the water?
Most cities have chlorine in their drinking water systems, it's there to kill off bacteria.
You probably started drinking chlorine purified water soon after you were born.
Unless of course, you have lived on natural spring or well water your entire life.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Penny Pincher

I bought one of these rotating storage shelves http://www.shelfreliance.com/product/view/p105 to help organize my cans and love it. www.shelfreliance.com has lots of different rotating shelves to put your cans on, now at least I can see what I have and what I'm out of. Could use one or two more but I will have to save up.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Emergency Prepardness

Survival Solutions is a great place for lots of emergency prepardness items. survivalsolutions.com or buildings in Springville and Layton. Become a fan on Facebook and you can see their "Deal of the Day" that isn't available any other way. They are also VERY knowledgable if you have questions about anything.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymp1 View Post
I bought one of these rotating storage shelves http://www.shelfreliance.com/product/view/p105 to help organize my cans and love it. www.shelfreliance.com has lots of different rotating shelves to put your cans on, now at least I can see what I have and what I'm out of. Could use one or two more but I will have to save up.
There's an unadvertised special on these right now - they are $229 for the #10 Harvest 72" . . until Dec. 16th
Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Wow! This is an awesome overview of how to prepare for any emergency!! Thanks so much for all the tips.