Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 04-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Place to meet up w/Friends in the Summer

This summer we are coming to Utah to see family. We would like to see a lot of our friends while we are there as well. We were thinking it would be fun to do a party somewhere and then our friends could come to us during the day when it works for them. Ideally we would love to just have it at someone's house and rent bounce houses and pizza, but we don't have anyone we feel comfortable asking. Is there somewhere between Sandy and Layton that would be fun for us to rent out all day? I would like it where the kids could play and parents could watch the kids and chat at the same time. Like a splash pad or pool, but I'm worried that in the summer most places will be really crowded. Is there anything we can rent out the entire facility for not too much?

My husband was thinking of getting a couple hotel rooms and just using the pool. but not sure that would work.

anyone have any great ideas? We want something the adults would have fun doing as well..

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

What about reserving a bowery at a park? I'd try to find one near the playground or even at a park with a splash pad. If I hadn't seen someone in a while, then I would enjoy visiting over activities. However, water balloon volleyball or something along those lines would be fun in the summer.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Not sure what your budget is, but the North Shore (North Ogden Aquatic Center) rents out the waterpark either shared or privately. Our ward did it once for a ward party at the shared rate and it was really fun. Here's that info:

http://www.northshoreaquaticcenter.c...ervations.html

Other water parks may do the same. Check out Layton Surf n Swim, Clearfield Aquatic Center, maybe Cherry Hill?

Kangaroo Zoo or Get Air are really fun for the kids. Get Air is by the hour, but Kangaroo Zoo you can stay as long as you want but once you leave you have to pay to get back in. They might have deals for parties that you could look in to.

In my hometown the local Bowling Alley will let you rent it out for a reasonable fee. Lots of families do it for family parties. It is a small alley, so I'm not sure if the larger ones will do it too---although I think they rent out to bowling leagues for tournaments so there is probably a price if you are willing to pay it.