Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Getting started in Utah: Store policies, and tips for newbies!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Smart Source- different coupons in different areas of country?

Does Smart Source have different coupons in their inserts depending on what part of the country you live in? For example, a certain coupon website said that there was a coupon for Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce in the 5/22 SS. They also said there was a $4 coupon for Advil. However, neither of those is in my insert. I'm confused! Anyone know the answer?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Master Penny Pincher/Moderator

I have been wondering the exact same thing.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmckay View Post
Does Smart Source have different coupons in their inserts depending on what part of the country you live in? For example, a certain coupon website said that there was a coupon for Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce in the 5/22 SS. They also said there was a $4 coupon for Advil. However, neither of those is in my insert. I'm confused! Anyone know the answer?
Yes. This is very, very, very common. Here in the west, we don't get the same coupons/coupon values they get in the East or Midwest, and here in ID, we don't get the same coupons/coupon values you do in UT. That's why it's best to check PYP's coupon lists for your particular state.
I have a billion typos, and it's because I'm almost always typing while breastfeeding a baby or having a large and unrelenting boy crawl around my lap and poke at the screen asking what the smilies mean. I've given up trying to type well.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Coupon insert differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggs View Post
Yes. This is very, very, very common. Here in the west, we don't get the same coupons/coupon values they get in the East or Midwest, and here in ID, we don't get the same coupons/coupon values you do in UT. That's why it's best to check PYP's coupon lists for your particular state.
I get both the Herald Journal and the Deseret News, and the SS inserts differ slightly just between those two papers. The Salt Lake papers usually have a couple more pages in their insert than we get in the Herald Journal. So there are differences even within the state.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

on the sweet baby ray, the one in my news paper was for $1 on one but I saw listings on ebay for $1 of 2. My daughter in TX gets different ones.