Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Nevada's Screaming Deals

Old 03-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Penny Pincher

Default Vons Coupon Policy

(as of 3/4/10)

Coupon Guidelines and Policies

Manufacturer Coupon Guidelines
* Manufacturer coupons duplicated in any form will not be accepted
* Vons reserves the right to accept, limit, or refuse a Manufacturer's coupon issued by another supermarket
* Applicable sales tax will be charged on all Manufacturer's coupons
* Use of Manufacturer's coupons are limited to two (2) coupons on the same two items per order, per household, per week including Buy One Get One Free offers and are limited to retail sales only

Store Coupon Policy
* Store coupons duplicated in any form will not be accepted
* Store coupons may not be combined with other Store coupons.
* Store coupons may not be doubled.
* A Store coupon may be combined with a manufacturer coupons for the applicable item but may not exceed the retail price of the item.

Internet Coupon Policy
* Do not accept coupons that do not have a manufacturer's bar code or manufacturer's redemption instructions.
* Accept printable coupons only if they scan properly at checkout.
* Do not accept more than one copy of the same coupon per customer.
* Do not accept coupons for Free Product (other than Buy One Get One Free Offer that requires a purchase of like item).
* Do not accept coupons for more than $5 value or for more than 50% of the product's retail price, whichever is lower.
* Do not accept printable internet coupons that do not have an easy to read expiration date or extends more than twelve weeks.
* All coupons/limits/dollare amounts are subject to the discretion of the store management.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Sarah,
Which store did you say you got this from (was it Decatur/Lone Mountain)? I'm sitting her stunned by this part Use of Manufacturer's coupons are limited to two (2) coupons on the same two items per order, per household, per week including Buy One Get One Free offers and are limited to retail sales only
My other question is did it look like something that was on Safeway Corporate letterhead or something that may have come from someone like maybe a District Manager. Not that it really matters, I'm just curious. Thanks for posting!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Penny Pincher

I got this from the Decatur/Lone Mt location. It came from the G: drive on the manager's office computer (according to the print out). It does however give power to the individual managers, which I always consider a scary thing, because then you don't know which policy they will enforce.

When I was checking out last I specifically asked them if they were limiting PRINTABLES to two but I if could use as many newspaper coupons as I had, and they said YES. Which seems to go against the printed policy. So I hope they stick to their word, don't you?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

I absolutely agree about being in the dark about which policies management and even certain cashiers decide to enforce! Just as a reminder, I know I mentioned this on the other Vons thread, but the cashier and one of the night managers at Skye Point did tell me that I could only use 1 IP per like item. I just don't want anyone to be caught off guard especially on the promos where you may have a transaction very carefully planned out and then get stopped midstream

Edited to add that I just spoke with the SM at this store and they did actually post the coupon policy, it is behind you as you check out. In fact for the first time I noticed that the policy that Sarah Kay posted is in the same place. The SM did tell me that he told the cashiers that they could take 2 IP's/like item even though the policy says otherwise. I think I'll try and shop only when the SM is in the store!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Penny Pincher

Have any of you heard if they will accept two internet printable AND two newspaper coupons for four products? Or do we know if they are limiting us to two coupons, regardless of if they are internet or newspaper?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

I did ask the Sky Pointe manager about 2 IP and two newspaper coupons and he said no...2 total per like item. As you know, the whole policy changes depending on which cashier rings you up!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Thanks for posting, Sarah. I still haven't gone back (the same thing happened to me). Frustrating! Will have to plan out my shopping trips a little better I think.

Brianna
Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Penny Pincher

My store on Tropicana & Maryland is extremely strict about this policy. They will only except 2 of printables and/or newspaper coupons, it doesn't matter to them. Plus they will only accept one coupon if it is a B1G1.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Vons closing?

Does anyone know about the VONS on Decatur & Lone Mtn. closing their store? I heard cashiers talking about it but I didn't ask.
Brianna
Old 07-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

I was wondering the same thing when the deli and bakery department were totally empty! I didn't buy anything that day, so I didn't ask. I'll be in that neighborhood tomorrow, so I'll run in and ask about it. They'd be doing a lot more business if they were coupon friendly!