Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Idaho's Screaming Deals

Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnston9
I am trying to find out a store policy on coupons. When a store has an item for BOGO can you then use 1 or 2 MQ on those items?
Many stores will let you use 2 manufacturer coupons on a buy one get one free sale. You are actually purchasing two items and paying tax on two items, so two coupons are generally considered acceptable. The discount offered to make the second item free on a BOGO is usually a store discount, not a manufacture discount. Since this is one of the areas that stores may have different opinions about, you may want to ask a manager what their store policy is before using the coupon to make sure. If the store manager says their store only allows you to use 1 coupon for a BOGO sale, you will need to politely accept their interpretation.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Penny Pincher

Albies is no longer accepting Fred Meyer store coupons.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Talking

Watch for peel coupons on kraft 5 pack mac n cheese for 2.50 off a tombstone. When you buy the mac n cheese you get the tombstone for free. The tombstone pizza will still count toward your $25 unilever purchase.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

check for peel coupon on 5 pack mac n cheese for $2.50 off a tombstone when you buy the mac n cheese. It makes the tombstone free.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Thanks MelindaA!!!!! I was afraid I was dreaming with all these great Albie deals!!!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Many stores will let you use 2 manufacturer coupons on a buy one get one free sale. You are actually purchasing two items and paying tax on two items, so two coupons are generally considered acceptable. The discount offered to make the second item free on a BOGO is usually a store discount, not a manufacture discount. Since this is one of the areas that stores may have different opinions about, you may want to ask a manager what their store policy is before using the coupon to make sure. If the store manager says their store only allows you to use 1 coupon for a BOGO sale, you will need to politely accept their interpretation.
I tried to do that at albertsons and the 2nd coupon beeped so it didnt work there. because i wondered about that i had heard, but i wasnt sure.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Ethics

I have read about a dozen blogs in the past few days about people doing this deal without buying the meat and just taking the $10 discount. Does no one else see this as WRONG? I have spoken to several managers asking their opinion about this and they are all against it. I'm kind of sad that we are all so hung up on getting a good deal that we are stepping on the people giving it to us. The deal is specifically set up to help certain departments of Albertson's. We are all a little disappointed with how some coupon rules are changing right now but it's because of things like this that they are changing. Let's help each other out and stick to the rules. I hope this doesn't sound rude. I'm just concerned.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Penny Pincher

Oh Basegoose - I couldn't agree with you more. Besides, nothing makes a meal taste better than a hot deal. This is gonna be one fantastic Easter Dinner
Old 04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by basegoose
I have read about a dozen blogs in the past few days about people doing this deal without buying the meat and just taking the $10 discount. Does no one else see this as WRONG? I have spoken to several managers asking their opinion about this and they are all against it. I'm kind of sad that we are all so hung up on getting a good deal that we are stepping on the people giving it to us. The deal is specifically set up to help certain departments of Albertson's. We are all a little disappointed with how some coupon rules are changing right now but it's because of things like this that they are changing. Let's help each other out and stick to the rules. I hope this doesn't sound rude. I'm just concerned.
I think it's this attitude of couponers that has led to albies to take change their policies about competitors coupons. and I think if it continues we can expect less of these deals instead of more of them. You know I've only just recently learned how to coupon shop -- and I've learned there are loopholes in the system (like the discounts ringing up without having to purchase the item). Does it make anyone else uncomfortable . . . that it feels this fosters an attitude of greediness, selfishness, and/or dishonesty? I feel like I'm beating a dead horse . . .
Old 04-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Penny Pincher

I did use two coupons and two doublers on Monday for the BOGO on Loreal mascara at Albertsons on 17th. Apparently they are ok with 2 coupons for BOGO's.
They were 7.99 ea.
Buy one get one free
Minus two $1 coupons and two doublers
The mascara ended up at $2 ea. They gave me no hassle whatsever.
I bought 6 mascaras doing that.