Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Idaho's Screaming Deals

Old 04-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Penny Pincher

Do you need a special form to submit your rebate for Unilever? Or do they give you a rebate form when you check out?
Thanks!
Old 04-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Ehics

So, what do you do if you want to buy $25 worth of products that are part of this deal, but aren't planning on or needing meat? I don't want to buy any meat, but I have coupons to use on quite a few products that will certainly put me over the $25. Since the $10 comes off automatically without buying meat, and I don't want to buy meat, how do you get around that? They should do it like the milk deal where you get a catalina for $10 in meat to be used OYNSO. I think that would help with the glitches out there.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar123456
I did use two coupons and two doublers on Monday for the BOGO on Loreal mascara at Albertsons on 17th. Apparently they are ok with 2 coupons for BOGO's.
They were 7.99 ea.
Buy one get one free
Minus two $1 coupons and two doublers
The mascara ended up at $2 ea. They gave me no hassle whatsever.
I bought 6 mascaras doing that.
This was with coupons that were bogo free and not with a bogo free sale, cause that makes more sense to use 2 coupons that way. I was already using 2 coupons.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Free Milk works

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickandkirsten
What a fun shop this will be!!! Crazy to keep track of, with the Unilever rebate and all...... Thanks for all your work PYP!!!!

Anyway..... Would someone mind posting Milk prices at Albertson's after you do your shop??? (for the Jello coupon)

(I like to write a list of everything I'm doing before I go... so I can easily tell if the total at the cash register is correct....)

TIA!!!
If you get the catalina for the free milk with the Kellogg's cereals, you can count that as your milk "purchase" to be used with the jello pudding coupon. I did that last week, and it worked like a charm.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysnews
So, what do you do if you want to buy $25 worth of products that are part of this deal, but aren't planning on or needing meat? I don't want to buy any meat, but I have coupons to use on quite a few products that will certainly put me over the $25. Since the $10 comes off automatically without buying meat, and I don't want to buy meat, how do you get around that? They should do it like the milk deal where you get a catalina for $10 in meat to be used OYNSO. I think that would help with the glitches out there.
I'm not professing to know the "right" thing to do in this situation but I say free is free. Just think of it as free meat. Give it away if you don't need it. Or tell them to put the $10 back on. (This requires some guts and character) You have to think about the fact that if you aren't getting $10 off your order, is the sale really worth it to you? If it's only worth it with a dishonest discount, maybe you should rethink your shopping trip. The deal is free meat, not free money. Maybe something that would help this would be to figure out the shopping lists with the products at full price and the meat as free. I know it sounds better the other way but it promotes a bit of confusion with sales like this.

Oh and if you want to be honest and still get the discount just do the Unilever rebate. I bought a $20 ham and $50 worth of products for $14.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by basegoose
I have read about a dozen blogs in the past few days about people doing this deal without buying the meat and just taking the $10 discount. Does no one else see this as WRONG? I have spoken to several managers asking their opinion about this and they are all against it. I'm kind of sad that we are all so hung up on getting a good deal that we are stepping on the people giving it to us. The deal is specifically set up to help certain departments of Albertson's. We are all a little disappointed with how some coupon rules are changing right now but it's because of things like this that they are changing. Let's help each other out and stick to the rules. I hope this doesn't sound rude. I'm just concerned.
I agree with you 1,000%! PLEASE play by the rules and shop with integrity. It makes me VERY sad that people are choosing to try to cheat a great system. It makes me VERY, VERY sad that said people are taking it a step further and bragging/teaching about it.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by basegoose
I'm not professing to know the "right" thing to do in this situation but I say free is free. Just think of it as free meat. Give it away if you don't need it. Or tell them to put the $10 back on. (This requires some guts and character) You have to think about the fact that if you aren't getting $10 off your order, is the sale really worth it to you? If it's only worth it with a dishonest discount, maybe you should rethink your shopping trip. The deal is free meat, not free money.
I agree again. Especially when you know about the situation ahead of time from a blog or this discussion. (If it happened and you didn't know or weren't planning on it - that is an honest mistake.) Knowing about it before hand gives the power to choose to shop honestly.

On a side note - I can't imagine being so well-stocked or wealthy that I couldn't use free meat! (I guess a vegetarian wouldn't need it.) I like the idea of giving the meat to someone else if you really can't use it. Good thinking!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

On the shopping list the Lysol products were marked 50% off.....

I needed some so.....

Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner
$1.49
Use your .75/1 = .74

Not bad...

HTH
Old 04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin
I like the idea of giving the meat to someone else if you really can't use it. Good thinking!
I really like this idea too! The food pantry's would LOVE a ham at this time of year.... So many families are hungry...

Old 04-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelindaA
I'm not exactly sure what the last sentence means, about no spending limit. I'm thinking it means no limit on the size of the transactions when you redeam the 10% coupons.
I think your interpretation is correct. However, I also noticed that in the ad, it shows the 10% off coupons and it said something to the effect of..."10% off your purchase of $50 or more." So, be aware that if you're like me and don't often have a total of $50 in any ONE transaction at Albertson's, you might not get to use it before it expires.