Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Idaho's Screaming Deals

Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

I have 4 of the 10% off's if anyone wants them. It is off $50 and I don't normally spend that much in one purchase.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

This is what my 10% coupon says....

10% OFF your next purchase of $50 or more w/ your Preferred Card.

Redeem after Manufacturer's and store coupon redemption(s). Offer excludes money orders, lottery tickets, gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, prescriptions, stamps, dairy, fuel, and convenience store purchases or other products prohibited by Law. Cannot be doubled, tripled, quadrupled or exchanged for cash, Not valid toward previous purchase. Void if copied or transferred. In the event of return, coupon savings may be deducted from refund. May not be used in combination with any other offer. Customer is responsible for sales taxes on all taxable items. ONE COUPON PER CUSTOMER, PER TRANSACTION. Limit one 10% Off coupon per transaction. Coupon valid: 4/13/09-4/19/09

HTH
Old 04-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin
I agree with you 1,000%! PLEASE play by the rules and shop with integrity. It makes me VERY sad that people are choosing to try to cheat a great system. It makes me VERY, VERY sad that said people are taking it a step further and bragging/teaching about it.
Not that I'm saying what is right or wrong but one of the managers emailed us and told us we could just take the $10 off. So some people were led to think this would be ok. I don't think everyone is just trying to cheat the system.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 PM

Today when I was at Albertson's I asked about the Kraft Promo Recipe/coupon thing..... The Manager said that the night workers probably threw them out... but that he would honor the coupons anyway.....

I told him that his store would lose money..... he just shrugged.

In the end, I didn't take him up on his offer.

So what do we do... I felt like it was dishonest of me to have a store honor a coupon they neither had nor seen to turn in for reimbursement.... and on the other hand it was a nice jesture from a very kind and helpful store manager.....
Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Penny Pincher

This is a GREAT sale. There are alot of hang ups but still a great sale. I love the $2 printable on snuggle fabric softener as well as the $2 off or $1 off the All Small and Mighty. It truly makes for some very cheap laundry. It takes some organization to put your transactions together, but worth it in the end.
The reason why some stores get coupons and others do not is because the Kraft, or nabisco, or coke, or whatever delivery man who sets up those displays puts the coupons out. He may put extra in larger stores where his products are selling more or less. It's their call. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Albertsons has no control of those vendors who set up their own displays. It can be frustrating but look at it like a lottery, if you get one be happy.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin
I agree with you 1,000%! PLEASE play by the rules and shop with integrity. It makes me VERY sad that people are choosing to try to cheat a great system. It makes me VERY, VERY sad that said people are taking it a step further and bragging/teaching about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopespringseternal
Not that I'm saying what is right or wrong but one of the managers emailed us and told us we could just take the $10 off. So some people were led to think this would be ok. I don't think everyone is just trying to cheat the system.
First of all, I never said everyone was trying to cheat the system. But I don't for a second believe that everyone is doing it honestly/innocently either. What you are saying does shed an interesting light on things though. I think we are seeing a real problem here and I don't know how Albertson's is going to address it. If Albertson's has managers who are opening promoting the misuse of coupons and promotions they really have their hands full.
I am really curious about this - why did this manager email you? Does he/she have an email list and just send the info out? Was he/she responding to a question? The whole thing blows my mind.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexocai
Watch for peel coupons on kraft 5 pack mac n cheese for 2.50 off a tombstone. When you buy the mac n cheese you get the tombstone for free. The tombstone pizza will still count toward your $25 unilever purchase.

Just to clarify, the Tombstone Pizzas are $3.99, so I guess you mean free when you factor in the free meat? It is a great deal!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:09 AM

I'm also on a manager's e-mail list and this is how he worded it:

"On the front page of the ad there is a Kraft/uniliver event that when you spent $25 on the selection of items you get upto $10 off of any meat or seafood. Now I do need to tell you that when you hit that $25 mark, it will automatically take off the $10 even if you don't have meat or seafood."

I personally won't be shopping this sale because there really isn't anything that interests me. Just thought I would share the quote from the e-mail. I really don't have an opinion either way.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 AM

I taught a frugality class the other night and someone mentioned that she didn't know about the sale, bought the right things on accident and just got the $10 off and felt bad. I told her that is was dishonest if she knew, but okay for her situation where she didn't. She actually went back and bought meat because she felt bad.

We are all learning and trying to do this the right way and the honest way. If we make a mistake it's okay. Let's help each other by speaking up when we screw up and all of us will improve and make couponing in Idaho really great for everyone. I make mistakes all the time! I constantly have to own up to my errors, so I know how it feels,but we need to help each other along.
Come to Idaho for the www.internationalbabywearingconference.com June 2010!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Unilever ad

I tried to get to access the Unilever thread online and it will not work. Just thought I would let other people in IF know.