Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Default 6th grade Halloween party ideas

Hi all, my oldest dd is in 6th grade (yikes) and Im the room mom, im in need of some fun ideas for the 6th grade Halloween party, I want it to be awesome due to the fact this will be their last Halloween in elementary. Any ideas would be great, except for bobbing for apples, I think that is just yucky.
TIA
Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Fill a black cauldron (or other large container) with macaroni noodles(uncooked of course) and put in plastic spiders and bugs, bouncy balls, dracula teeth, candy, and other fun halloween doo-dads. Blindfold the kids and let each one reach in with one hand and try to find things. Anything they find they can keep. I did this one year at my school and the kids loved it because it was fun, but challenging. Just an idea.

**When it is over, divide the macaroni noodles and give to the teachers of the younger grades who could use it for arts/crafts.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM

Another idea...
We had a fun guessing game. We took several different sized jars and filled them with various "gross things" and the kids had to guess how many was in there. For instance, one was full of "eyeballs" which were peeled grapes. We counted them before putting in the jar, so we knew there were 65 eyeballs, and the kids wrote their guesses on pieces of paper and put the slips in corresponding boxes. The winners of each jar guess won a jumbo candy bar or something like that. It was really fun. We had the table set up like a mad scientists lab. The kids thought it was cool. Gross, but cool.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratgirl
Fill a black cauldron (or other large container) with macaroni noodles(uncooked of course) and put in plastic spiders and bugs, bouncy balls, dracula teeth, candy, and other fun halloween doo-dads. Blindfold the kids and let each one reach in with one hand and try to find things. Anything they find they can keep. I did this one year at my school and the kids loved it because it was fun, but challenging. Just an idea.

**When it is over, divide the macaroni noodles and give to the teachers of the younger grades who could use it for arts/crafts.
I think you should use COOKED pasta!

Get some rubber gloves and pour plaster in them. Once they dry take the glove off and do more till you have enough for the class. At the party have the kids paint them however they want, then have them vote on the best one. At the end of the day they take them home and put them on the lawn like a person is clawing their way out.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Ideas for 6th grade Halloween Party

You can do a Mummy Race. Divide the kids in team and give each team 2-3 rolls of toliet paper. Each team wraps one child with toliet paper and tries to create the best mummy. The kids vote on who is the best and the winning team gets a surprise.

Also you can try a fishing for doughnuts station Where you tie a doughnut to a piece of string or to a toy fishing pole and the kids are timed to see how fast they can eat it with their hands behind their backs. The kids really enjoy this activity. (Suggestion put a piece of (plastic- blue) to create the pond effect and to catch in sticky doughnuts that fall so the floor does not get messed up.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Master Penny Pincher

We did the coolest thing ever last year. I got it from Family Fun's site. It was a Monster lab, or something like that. You have all these items and the kids have to feel them blindfoled. There was a script that went along with it- we had a mom dress as a witch and act out like she was creating the monster. She really got into it. I played spooky haunted housees noises in the bakc ground. Our class rooms have a coat room attached, so we did it in there and brought in 1/3 of the class at a time outside and around the classroom and into the coatroom from the outside. I covered up the windows so it was dark. The 6th graders ate it up! Some of those girls were such screamers! It was so fun.

BTW- also tried it with my DD's 3rd grade classroom and they were a little too freaked out to enjoy it. lol
Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Thanks ladies these are good idea's. Keep them coming
Old 09-06-2008, 06:04 PM

Question

This is one of my kids' favorite games but it gets a little messy. It's a stuff the scarecrow relay. Take a shirt, jeans, a hat, balloons and shoes, one set of newspapers for each team. Break the kids into teams of 5. Have stacks of newspaper and the clothes and one end of the room and the kids on the other. Have the kids one by one stuff a piece of clothing and stack on top to build their scarecrow. They have to stuff them enough to stand up. The balloons are for the head, so the kid that gets that has to blow up the balloon and tie it. It's really fun but you do have to clean up the newspapers and balloons after.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintandreva
We did the coolest thing ever last year. I got it from Family Fun's site. It was a Monster lab, or something like that. You have all these items and the kids have to feel them blindfoled. There was a script that went along with it- we had a mom dress as a witch and act out like she was creating the monster. She really got into it. I played spooky haunted housees noises in the bakc ground. Our class rooms have a coat room attached, so we did it in there and brought in 1/3 of the class at a time outside and around the classroom and into the coatroom from the outside. I covered up the windows so it was dark. The 6th graders ate it up! Some of those girls were such screamers! It was so fun.

BTW- also tried it with my DD's 3rd grade classroom and they were a little too freaked out to enjoy it. lol
Do you remember what things you used? I only have one son and he's pretty young so im not sure what all the gross things would be, (sorry we are a little girly over here).
Thanks again for all your ideas, keep them coming.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:31 PM

Someone was reading my mind! I'm the 6th grade room mom and was starting to worry about this same party I don't know what "big kids" would think was cool - I only been room mom in the younger grades - so I appreciate all the ideas too!
THANKS!