Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Penny for your Thoughts

Old 09-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Getting braces off party

My daughter is getting her braces off in a couple of weeks. I thought it would be fun to have a party to celebrate this event. I thought it would be fun to have all the foods that she couldn't eat with braces. The problem with that is that her other two siblings have braces as well as many of her friends. I need suggestions on what to eat and what to do. I know we could watch a movie or play games, but I thought that some of you great women out there might have some great suggestions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Master Penny Pincher

If I remember right, the day I got my braces off (a long, long time ago) I felt like my teeth were going to fall off. I had had a "fence" so to speak holding them for so long, that when it came off it was strange. When I ate, I was really careful, until I got use to the new feeling. She will also probably be getting used to the removeable retainer. So you might hold off and not have the party right after, or since several people that will be there will have braces, you can still serve really simple things. One idea might be to just have an Ice Cream Sundae party with movies and/or games.

Just a thought. Have fun!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 AM

bump
Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Default I remember

when I got my braces off - I wanted whole apples, corn on the cob and caramels! Maybe you could have a "side" of those things and then fix it yourself pizzas for everybody else that still has braces.

Do pull out the camera and get shots of her new smile, tho!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

I don't know how to do it but it might be fun to make "wire" bracelets or some wire craft.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:18 PM

Do you remember the show Amazing Stories that Stephen Spielberg did in the eighties? They had an episode where an astroid or meteor or something falls from the skies and hits the high school jock and also a geeky girl with braces. If your daughter has a good sense of humor she may get a kick out of watching it now that she is done with braces.