Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Photography

Old 11-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

Default Favorite places to take photos

I love Paisleysmom's photos --- where do you go to such great urban scenery?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

I've heard downtown Ogden is good. I have a few friends who got theirs done and they look AMAZING.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Master Penny Pincher

There are some nice places in Ogden....the Botannical Gardens off Monroe Street, the River Parkway, the Lorin Farr Park, the waterfalls at the Flying J building, Mt. Ogden Park...just to name a few. We had last ones done at the N. Ogden trout farm and the Botannical gardens.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Some people have found some cool private land areas and ask the owner to use it. So keep your eye out and don't be scared to ask people if you can come take some photos at times and call if needed.
I have a fun spot I use that is very private and your wouldn't even know it was there. My husband has bees on a lady's property and she had a cool cabin and has collected and decorated her property. It's like going to a dream land. The cool old cabin with the wrap around porch and the stream on the side with the rope swing going over it and a little bridge.
Any way I will post some of the cool photos we took there when I get a second. Any way like I said don't be scared to ask people.
Shawnii
Old 11-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

I took photos of my daughter on Main Street in Kaysville on Saturday. If you want to see them I posted some on my blog.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Master Penny Pincher

You would be surprised at how many spots there are you that you may have overlooked.

Dumpsters make a great backdrop, especially bright blue and green ones.

Some places that I love are....

Magna Main street. I love this place because hardly anyone is there and there is so much variety. And it is not too far away from my house.

The exchange place DT. This is basically a few blocks of DT. There are fun walls and alleys. I think it is about 400 south between main and state street. Near state street there is a tatoo parlor that has an awesome green wall that people love to use for shoots.

Star Mill in American Fork is a lot of fun too. You do have to pay $15 or $20 to do pictures there.

Wheeler farm has lots of old barns and walls.

Bountiful Main street has lots of places too.

Memory Grove

Brigham Young Park-by the SL temple.

Sherri, your pictures turned out cute. I am glad you found such fun spots. Really the key is to drive around where you normally are and look for fun spots.

Valley Fair Mall has some bright pink benches that I like. I need to take the girls over there for a shot.