Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Penny for your Thoughts

Old 01-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommasue
Ooo thanks for the ad on. Lost dad- where's your wish list so I can send you something?
Um... forgive a PYP n00b... what's a wish list?

-=Ξ My Wish List Ξ=-

"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."
Old 01-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hut00009
There is an add-on that I recommend every Firefox browser should have. It's called Adblock Plus. It gets rid of those annoying ads and banners which makes webpages take longer to load. It also gets rid of those annoying animated flash ads that keep on playing over and over again. It's a very popular Firefox plug-in that has been downloaded at least 37,568,960 times.

Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
I agree. You'll also want to get the Adblock Filterset.G Updater add-on to keep your ad filters current.

Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1136

You can even take it one step further and get the Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper add-on, which will allow you to block more easily the few ads that get through the filters.

Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4364

-=Ξ My Wish List Ξ=-

"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."
Old 01-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostDad
Um... forgive a PYP n00b... what's a wish list?
Wish List: What coupons are you looking for? I might have some to share with you for doing all this work for us!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 AM

Default Question...

When I am in Internet Explorer, I can go to a place where I "Clear all offline content now". When I do this it makes my computer faster.
Lately I've been using Firefox and I can't seem to find it on Firefox. Does anyone know where to go to do the same thing on Firefox? Or if I go into IE and do it, will it work for Firefox also? Hope this makes sense!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
When I am in Internet Explorer, I can go to a place where I "Clear all offline content now". When I do this it makes my computer faster.
Lately I've been using Firefox and I can't seem to find it on Firefox. Does anyone know where to go to do the same thing on Firefox? Or if I go into IE and do it, will it work for Firefox also? Hope this makes sense!
Click on the 'Tools' menu item, then click on 'Clear Private Data'. Make sure 'Offline Website Data' has a check mark next to it, and click the 'Clear Private Data
Now' button.

-=Ξ My Wish List Ξ=-

Old 01-21-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Click on the 'Tools' menu item, then click on 'Clear Private Data'. Make sure 'Offline Website Data' has a check mark next to it, and click the 'Clear Private Data
Now' button.
Thanks for the quick response!!

When I click on "Tools", then "Clear Private Data", these are the options I get:

Browsing History
Download History
Saved Form & Search History
Cache
Cookies
Saved Passwords
Authenticated Sessions

All are automatically checked except for Cookies and Saved Passwords. So should I leave them checked the way they are and "clear private data now"?
Thanks!!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
Thanks for the quick response!!

When I click on "Tools", then "Clear Private Data", these are the options I get:

Browsing History
Download History
Saved Form & Search History
Cache
Cookies
Saved Passwords
Authenticated Sessions

All are automatically checked except for Cookies and Saved Passwords. So should I leave them checked the way they are and "clear private data now"?
Thanks!!
I must be running a different version of Firefox...

I think clearing the cache is mostly what you're after. You may want to keep your browsing and search histories though. I like to keep them so I can go back and find something I looked at before but didn't think to bookmark at the time.

-=Ξ My Wish List Ξ=-

Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I must be running a different version of Firefox...

I think clearing the cache is mostly what you're after. You may want to keep your browsing and search histories though. I like to keep them so I can go back and find something I looked at before but didn't think to bookmark at the time.
Maybe I need to update to the latest version or something. Anyway, thanks for the info, it is very helpful!!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
I'm having a hard time visualizing the way you have things connected, so let's start at the wall. You have a cable running from the wall jack to the DSL modem. You have a patch cable running from the DSL modem to the wireless router. You have a USB cable running from the wireless router to the laptop. Is this all correct?

Do you have more than one computer connecting to the internet? If so, which one are you getting the error on?
I have a phone line coming from the phonejack to the DSL routers DSL "input" then the DSL has an ethernet cable that is connected to the wireless router and there is a USB cable coming from the wireless router to the desktop.Nothing is actualy "wired" to the laptop .The desktop and the laptop are the only 2 computers we have. We had it slightly different(don't remember what the differance was though) but when the Verizon tech came out this is how he left it.Hope I am making sense.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz0809
I have a phone line coming from the phonejack to the DSL routers DSL "input" then the DSL has an ethernet cable that is connected to the wireless router and there is a USB cable coming from the wireless router to the desktop.Nothing is actualy "wired" to the laptop .The desktop and the laptop are the only 2 computers we have. We had it slightly different(don't remember what the differance was though) but when the Verizon tech came out this is how he left it.Hope I am making sense.
So which device is getting the error? Laptop or desktop? Or both?

-=Ξ My Wish List Ξ=-