Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Arizona's Screaming Deals

Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Default Updated Arizona Store Policies

Here are the most recent coupon policies received from our Arizona stores. If you get/have any updated information, please post. We'll try to keep this top post updated with the most recent information.

Albertsons
(Accepts coupons at face value)
Email dated 6/19/08 (thanks Wildheart)

Quote:
The Albertsons Corporate policy states the following:

*Valid coupons are accepted if the customer has purchased the necessary merchandise.
*Coupons must be redeemed at the time of purchase of the specific product. Coupons may not be redeemed after the transaction has completed.
*Expired coupons are not accepted.
*Coupons cannot be converted to cash under any circumstances.

Please be advised, Albertsons will no longer accept competitor coupons. Below is a list of the coupons we do accept:

*Manufacturer Coupons are coupons issued by the manufacturer containing: “terms of agreement”, face value, expiration date, and verbiage “manufacturer coupon.” Albertsons may issue coupons such as printed ad media coupons, avenu, or Shop n’ Scan coupons that are manufacturer coupons that contain the words “redeemable only at Albertsons.” Most manufacturer coupons have barcodes on them and can be scanned. Any coupons that do not scan or have barcodes should be checked for validity of expiration date and purchase requirements.

*Store Coupons are your Company’s discount offers in various forms of media including, but not limited to, print, electronic, newspaper, direct mailers, kiosks and Company websites. Store coupons may also contain the words “redeemable only at Albertsons” (or a banner of Albertsons). Store coupons may state that the discount applies only with Preferred Card/Super Card/Loyalty Card.

*Catalina Checkout Coupons/Rebates are triggered by individual items purchased at checkout which print on the Catalina printer. It is Albertsons policy to allow these coupons to be used only for next purchase. Catalina coupons can only be given to the customer for whom they were intended (not to any other customer or associate). If a customer does not want their Catalina coupons, it is Albertsons' policy that the cashier destroy them immediately. Catalina checkout coupons printed at other retailers may be accepted for redemption following the manufacturer/competitor store coupon guidelines.

*Internet Coupons printed from a website are redeemable with a qualifying purchase. Albertsons DOES NOT accept internet coupons containing the following conditions:

a. ‘Free’ product offers that do not require a purchase
b. Redemption value exceeds $5.00
c. Absence of UPC bar code

Again, thank you for contacting Albertsons Customer Care. If we can provide any information or be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or by calling 1-877-932-7948.

Sincerely,

Lusinda C.
Albertsons Customer Care Representative
Email dated 1/29/09:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting us regarding the acceptance of competitor coupons. We appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

We will gladly accept any grocery retailer coupon, (Frys, Bashas, Safeway, CVS and Walgreens).

We honor the "Spirit of the Coupon" meaning, we allow customers to receive the best deal from Albertsons or the competitor without doubling up on ad prices.

The customer may choose both deals by purchasing the qualifying item to receive the Albertsons deal in addition to purchasing an additional item and using the competitors coupon.

One customer per Competitor Coupon. Competitor Coupons are not intended to be recycled and reused by anyone.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer service center at 1-877-932-7948.

Sincerely,

Beatriz M.
Albertsons Customer Care
Bashas'
(Doubles coupons up to $1.00 daily)

Email dated 9/3/08:

Quote:
1. Do you double or triple coupons? We double every day; we triple about once a quarter.
2. Do you accept competitor coupons? If so, may these be combined with manufacturer coupons? We do not accept competitors’ coupons .
3. How many like coupons may be used in one transaction? We’ll double up to three like coupons; after that, we’ll redeem any remaining like coupons at face value.
4. Do you accept internet printed coupons? We will accept legitimate Internet manufacture’s coupons provided they are not for free items and are for $3.00 or less off.
5. Do you price match sales from other stores? We do not price match.
6. Do you accept expired coupons? We accept valid manufacturer’s coupons that are not expired.
7. Do you accept one coupon on each of the products if you are having a Buy One, Get One free sale? With a BOGO, we’ll accept one manufacturer’s coupon on the item you’re actually paying for—not on the free item.
8. Do you accept both an in-store coupon and manufacturer coupon together on one product? Yes.
9. If I have a manufacturer coupon for savings on one product when you purchase 3 participating items, may I also use coupons on the products that need to be purchased to get the savings on the other product? Yes.
10. Does your Pharmacy accept competitor coupons? No.

I’ve supplied answers (in blue) to your questions below.

Rob Johnson
Public Relations
Bashas' Inc.
Food City

Fresh & Easy
(Does not accept manufacturer coupons)

Fry's

Email dated 9/5/08
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Fry's Food and Drug regarding the Coupon Policy for stores in your area. Our stores will
accept Manufacturer Coupons, Internet Manufacturer "cents of"" Coupons, Internet "Dollar Off" Coupons, Fry's In-
Store Coupons, Fry's Catalina Coupons, and Competitor Pharmacy Coupons only.

? Fry's will double manufacturer coupons only. In-Store coupons are always taken at face value.
? Fry's will double 'cents of' manufacturer coupons up to $1.00 in value.
? All coupons that are over $1.00, FREE, or state 'Do Not Double' are redeemed at face value.
? A limit of three of the same coupons for the like items will be doubled. Any additional coupons for the
same items will be redeemed at face value.
? There is generally no limit on manufacturer FREE coupons; however, stores can limit the free coupons
in order to ensure product availability for our customers.
? The coupon refund may not exceed the price of the item including VIP discount.
? Alcohol, Tobacco and Pharmacy coupons are accepted at face value only.

We do accept Internet coupons, providing the following is true:
? The coupon is not for a free product or for more than 75% off the original cost - we do not accept those
from the Internet.
? The coupon scans properly at the register. If the registers do not register, it is most likely not a valid
coupon.
? The coupon is not altered in any way.

We do not price match other stores. You may use one paper coupon and one electronic Internet coupon on the same
item. Regarding Buy One Get One Free sales, you may use a Buy One Get One Free coupon. You would buy one
and get 2 free - one with our offer & one with the coupon. If you use a coupon for each product in the sale, the
refund just cannot exceed the price of the items including your VIP discount.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions regarding our coupon policy, please feel free to
speak to store management. They will be glad to assist you. Thanks again for contacting Fry's.
Posted by lndamarch 12/31/08
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Fry's regarding coupon use at our stores. I have included the policy on file in this office
below:
Fry's currently accepts only the following types of coupons:
Manufacturer Coupons
Internet Manufacturer "cents off" Coupons
Internet "Dollar Off" Coupons
Fry's In-Store Coupons
Fry's Catalina Coupons
Competitor Pharmacy Coupons

Fry's currently does not accept the following types of coupons:
FREE Internet Coupons
Competitor Store Coupons
Drug Store Coupons
Coupons identified by the manufacturer as fraudulent
Coupon Guidelines:
The customers VIP card must be scanned prior to scanning any and all coupons.
All Manufacturer coupons must be scanned. Coupons must be current and accepted on or before the expiration
date printed on the coupon.
No minimum purchase is required unless stated on the coupon. Follow all limits stated on the coupon.
FREE, "Dollar Off" or "cents off" manufacturer coupons cannot be redeemed for more than the purchase price
of the item.
Fry's will double manufacturer "cents off" coupons up to $1.00 in value. Fry's will double Internet
manufacturer "cents off" coupons up to $1.00 in value.
All Coupons that are over $1.00 or FREE are redeemed at face value.
Coupon use is subject to availability. No rain checks or substitutions are given for out-of-stock manufacturer
coupon items.
All coupons that state "Redeem at Check stand" or "Save on this item" can be redeemed at the point of
purchase.
Coupon refund may not exceed the price of the item including VIP discount.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Pharmacy coupons are accepted at face value only.
Double Coupons:
Fry's will double manufacturer coupons only. In-Store coupons are always taken at face value.
Fry's will double "cents off" manufacturer coupons up to $1.00 in value.
All coupons that are over $1.00 or FREE are redeemed at face value.
A limit of three of the same coupons for the like items will be doubled. Any additional coupons for the same
items will be redeemed at face value.
There is no limit on manufacturer FREE coupons. Note: Stores can limit the free coupons in order to ensure
product availability for our customers.
Coupons that state "Do Not Double" are accepted at face value only.
Electronic Coupons for Fry's

eSAVER.com email dated 1/30/09:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting your P & G eSAVER Account help center.
Currently, the eSAVER electronic coupons cannot be combined with paper
coupons. However, we are collecting feedback from our customers regarding
any requests for the future.
Shortcuts.com email dated 2/1/09:
Quote:
Thanks for contacting us. We'd like you to know that coupon manufactures and retailers are working towards a solution to resolve for stacking in the future. The ultimate decision will be left up to the retailer to accommodate stacking at their level as they will absorb the cost of the added savings.

Thank You,
Shortcuts.com

Fry's Mercado
(Accepts coupons at face value and your Fry's card)

IGA
IGA's are independently owned so the coupon policy varies by stores. My IGA doubles coupons, but some do not.

Phoenix Market Ranch

Safeway

Email dated 9/9/08:
Quote:
The coupon policy is the same for all the stores in your area. We double the manufacturer's coupons up to a maximum of $1.00 in total value. This means a coupon for over 50 cents is worth a maximum of $1.00. We double a maximum of three coupons for the same item at a time. Please note that if you have 10 or 20 identical coupons and purchase 10 or 20 of the same item, we will double only the first three. That is our limit. Following the first three, we will accept the coupons at face value without doubling them. We do not triple coupons.

However, we will also follow the instructions on the coupons. Most coupons indicate "one coupon per purchase" That means we can't apply two separate coupons to the same purchase. Also, please be informed that we do not honor competitors’ coupons.

Additionally, we are providing you with our Internet coupon policy. In order to insure that we accept only legitimate printable Internet coupons, Safeway has adopted the following store policies and guidelines. These policies and guidelines are company wide.

1. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that do not have a manufacturer's bar code or manufacturer's redemption instructions.

2. We will accept any printable Internet coupons only if they scan properly at checkout.

3. We will not accept more than one "copy" of the same printable Internet coupon per customer.

4. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons for a Free Product (other than a "Buy One Get One Free Offer" that requires a purchase of the like item)

5. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons for more than a $5.00 value or for more than 50% of a product's retail price, whichever of the two is lower.

6. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that do not have an easy to read expiration date or that extend more than 12 weeks. (Most printable Internet coupons may expire 30-45 days after you print them)

7. We will not accept any printable Internet coupons that appear out of proportion, appear blurry, or are obvious duplicates.

8. Any printable Internet coupons that appear to have been altered in any way may be rejected. (Printable Internet coupons are nearly always printed using the same technology and therefore have a standard format, with very specific security features, including a unique serial code.)

We hope the above information will be useful. For your other queries, we will need additional information from you. Please provide us with the exact location of the store where you frequently shop, so that we can research and assist you better. Thank you for your time and interest.

If you would like to discuss this further, please reply to this email or call our toll free number at 1-877-723-3929 and reference contact I.D. 13344832. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.
Sprouts

Target

Email dated 9/3/08:
Quote:
When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:

- We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued and manufacturer-issued.
- We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
- We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we're able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
- We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you're checking out.

For questions about using a specific coupon, we encourage you to stop by Guest Service and ask to speak with the Guest Service Team Leader. They'll do their best to help while you're in the store. If you still have questions after speaking with them, please call our Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. Either way, we're here to help!

Last edited by Aimee; 02-02-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:47 AM

Thanks Aimee!!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

"Please be advised, Albertsons will no longer accept competitor coupons."

Wow, this should be in red. I didn't know that! This was from back in June?? I've used Fresh N Easy coupons since then...
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 PM

Good idea, I'll make it red! If anyone finds out this is not true, please post! I asked for a coupon policy, but they never got back with me. I'll email again
Old 01-29-2009, 03:53 PM

Wow, I got a response quick this time! Even though it totally contradicts the other email....

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us regarding the acceptance of competitor coupons. We appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

We will gladly accept any grocery retailer coupon, (Frys, Bashas, Safeway, CVS and Walgreens).

We honor the "Spirit of the Coupon" meaning, we allow customers to receive the best deal from Albertsons or the competitor without doubling up on ad prices.

The customer may choose both deals by purchasing the qualifying item to receive the Albertsons deal in addition to purchasing an additional item and using the competitors coupon.

One customer per Competitor Coupon. Competitor Coupons are not intended to be recycled and reused by anyone.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer service center at 1-877-932-7948.

Sincerely,

Beatriz M.
Albertsons Customer Care
Old 01-29-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
Wow, I got a response quick this time! Even though it totally contradicts the other email....
Sounds very vague and "up to cashier interpretation" to me....

I hate policies that aren't really policies at all. There's nothing to hang your hat on.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM

Yeah, very true! I posted both above. It may be a YMMV thing...
Old 02-02-2009, 06:17 AM

I added these under Fry's:

eSAVER.com email dated 1/30/09:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting your P & G eSAVER Account help center.
Currently, the eSAVER electronic coupons cannot be combined with paper
coupons. However, we are collecting feedback from our customers regarding
any requests for the future.
Shortcuts.com email dated 2/1/09:
Quote:
Thanks for contacting us. We'd like you to know that coupon manufactures and retailers are working towards a solution to resolve for stacking in the future. The ultimate decision will be left up to the retailer to accommodate stacking at their level as they will absorb the cost of the added savings.

Thank You,
Shortcuts.com
Old 02-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Thanks so much for your time! I am just getting started and knowing the current policies is very helpful.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

moved