Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Families, Children, Babies, and more! > Car seat safety

Old 02-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Penny Pincher

Default Car seat safety compromised?

I asked my DH to clean out the carseat and he took it a step further than he should have... The foam insulation on the carseat has the words "DO NOT REMOVE" carved into it and of course he yanked it out and broke it off the base. Does this compromise the safety of the carseat or is it just fine? TIA
Old 02-07-2009, 05:51 PM

I'd call the manufacturer of your seat. They should be able tell you. Without knowing what seat you are talking about I can't give you an answer. There are some seats that are okay to use without foam and some that are not.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Penny Pincher

I should of listed that! Sorry. It's a Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:23 PM

Okay this is not set in stone and if I were you I'd call Evenflo to be sure or check your manual that came with the seat:
But there are two foams on the seat. One is the memory foam that is for comfort. That one you can put back into the seat and use. The other foam is the energy foam and if that has been compromised then yes the seat is not safe to use anymore. I do not know which foam of yours was compromised but I'm guessing due to the fact it says do not remove that it is the energy foam.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:27 PM

On the evenflo website you can buy a replacement foam. Cost is about $3-9 not including shipping. You will need your model number and the date of manufacture.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Penny Pincher

It was the energy foam. I looked on the Evenflo website and saw that I could buy a couple different foam pieces, but it doesn't seem quite right. The energy foam is there to absorb the impact of a crash, right? If that is not secure- and if I'm correct on the purpose of it- I think that would mean that it would not be safe to use. Right? Thanks so much for your help!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie13
It was the energy foam. I looked on the Evenflo website and saw that I could buy a couple different foam pieces, but it doesn't seem quite right. The energy foam is there to absorb the impact of a crash, right? If that is not secure- and if I'm correct on the purpose of it- I think that would mean that it would not be safe to use. Right? Thanks so much for your help!
Well they sell the attachment screws or whatever evenflo calls them. I have to say I was totally confused with the way evenflo describes everything on their website. I would call Monday morning and ask. They will be able to tell you if you can replace it or not. And yes I do believe the energy foam is for protection so I would not use the seat until talking to Evenflo.