Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Free State Park Passes

Many libraries in the state will let you check out a state park pass that gives you day-use entry for up to 8 people in one vehicle at 42 state parks for free! The passes are available with your library card through the Check it Out! program and it should begin by May 1 or sooner. Click here for more info:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6108764

Sorry if this is a double post. I looked but didn't see it posted anywhere else but could have missed it.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Great find! Thanks for taking the time to post this!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephp23
Many libraries in the state will let you check out a state park pass that gives you day-use entry for up to 8 people in one vehicle at 42 state parks for free! The passes are available with your library card through the Check it Out! program and it should begin by May 1 or sooner. Click here for more info:

Sorry if this is a double post. I looked but didn't see it posted anywhere else but could have missed it.
That is amazing! Thanks for the idea!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Thanks! We'll definitely use this!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM

As of right now the Davis County Libraries do not have these. They are not sure they will be getting them. They are working on the logistics of having these passes. Sounds like it may be awhile before they will get them if they do. They are trying to figure out how long people should be able to check them out for. When they would be considered past due. How much of a fine for a past due pass, how much a patron would be charged for losing the pass. All sorts of things they are still working out.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Penny Pincher

Wonderful!!!! The libraries in Portland Oregon would rent out passes to the zoo and children's museum there. I have always LOVED that idea.

Does anybody know how this would work? I don't live near any of these and so do I have to get a card to their library and how do you get one if you don't live in it's boundaries?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcCarina
Wonderful!!!! The libraries in Portland Oregon would rent out passes to the zoo and children's museum there. I have always LOVED that idea.

Does anybody know how this would work? I don't live near any of these and so do I have to get a card to their library and how do you get one if you don't live in it's boundaries?
I was just going to post this. I just visited Oregon and used this pass from a friend. I loved this idea and wished that Utah did something similar.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephp23

The link didn't work for me. This sounds like a great idea, though.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Weber County Library?

Does anyone know if the Weber County Library has these??

What a great find - thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtonathanandtwins
As of right now the Davis County Libraries do not have these. They are not sure they will be getting them. They are working on the logistics of having these passes. Sounds like it may be awhile before they will get them if they do. They are trying to figure out how long people should be able to check them out for. When they would be considered past due. How much of a fine for a past due pass, how much a patron would be charged for losing the pass. All sorts of things they are still working out.
I hope Davis County figures it out soon ....I think this is a great idea!