Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Professional Penny Pincher/Moderator

Default Can you take Food into Lagoon?

Does anyone know if you can still take a cooler of food and water into the Lagoon Park? Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Yes you can! People bring big coolers and leave them in the picnic areas all the time.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Penny Pincher

Just beware--we were there a couple of weeks ago and took our nice wheeled Igloo cooler with some drinks and food in it. We had reserved a terrace and family members left coolers there all day while we were in and out. Our cooler was there when my SIL left at 9:15 and when we went to get it at 9:45 it was gone! Why do people think they're entitled to stuff that isn't theirs?? Makes me mad! Keep coolers in your car or my 8yo DS had the idea to use a bike lock to chain it to a post next time. Have fun!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

We've always kept ours in the car and gone out to get it to eat. We do bring it inside to eat.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Professional Penny Pincher/Moderator

Thanks so much guys! Just trying to see what we can do to keep costs down when we go.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten
Thanks so much guys! Just trying to see what we can do to keep costs down when we go.
We've taken a cooler for years, and always leave it at one of the terraces with no problem. Maybe your food looks better than mine.

And/or maybe it's because we always drape a wet beach towel over the cooler to keep it cold (think evaporative cooler.) The eeww factor of someone else's wet towel may keep thieves away. We like having the cooler where we can come by and get a drink whenever we're thirsty. (Cooler full of FREE Dr Pepper....Thanks PYP!)
Old 08-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Master Penny Pincher

We've ALWAYS taken a cooler and left it in the terrace, too. I'm sad to hear that those times might be changing. I've always thought it was so nice that I didn't have to worry about anything!