Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals

Old 03-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Penny Pincher

Thumbs up Just Between Friends sales March 26-27 and April 23-24

I hope this is OK to post here--the first Just Between Friends sale is taking place at the end of this month, and I thought you all might be interested.

Copied from the newsletter I received the other day:

Quote:
The Utah County Sale is in 30 days!

We’re entering the home stretch in preparing for the Utah County Spring Sale. It’s warming up, the birds are singing once again and it’s going to feel great to do some spring cleaning. And let's not forget to welcome spring with some fun new things for the kids. Think shorts, Easter dresses and outdoor toys!

Consignors: Make sure you’ve marked your calendars for drop-off, your pre-sale shopping time and pick-up. Click here for a link to the sale calendar.

Also be sure you’ve SIGNED UP to participate so you’ll receive our special e-newsletters with information specifically for our spring consignors. Click here to sign up now.

Volunteers: Shifts are filling up fast, but we do still have a few left. Make it fun & volunteer with a friend. SHOP FIRST and SAVE BIG! Click here to pick volunteer shifts.

Shoppers: If you’re shopping early (volunteers, barters, etc.) make sure you’ve marked your calendar for the appropriate pre-sale time. Click here for a link to the sale calendar. Although we happily accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover, we will have an express “cash only” line open during our pre-sales to expedite your checkout. This can be especially helpful if you have little ones in tow.

EVERYBODY: We have received so many referrals and we truly appreciate it! Please keep sharing JBF with your friends. It makes the sale bigger and better for everyone.

If you have any questions, you can contact me anytime.

Thanks,

Amy Oakeson

amyoakeson@jbfsale.com
There's more complete info on the websites:
Utah County
Davis County

I've found some really good deals at these sales and made some decent $$$ consigning stuff too. The consignor % has dropped from 70% to 65%, but it's pretty easy to earn back that 5%. . .you just volunteer 4 hours or do a barter and you get 70%; if you volunteer 8 hours you get 75%. Most of the barters are pretty easy, but the volunteering isn't bad at all--and it gets you into an earlier presale.

The Utah County sale is March 26-27 at the Spanish Fork fairgrounds, and the Davis County sale is April 23-24 at the Farmington fairgrounds. They have presales before they open to the public (so, March 25 and April 22), and then the last day of the sale a ton of the stuff is 50% off. There's a pretty decent selection on half-price day, too--I've found some awesome name-brand clothes for $1-3, books for 25-50 cents, etc.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Penny Pincher

Just got this email today--the full sale schedule for the Utah County sale:

Quote:
The Utah County Spring Sale is in just 2 weeks!

Our sale will take place again at the Spanish Fork Fairgrounds.

It’s going to be well worth the extra few minutes of travel.

We’re making our final preparations and planning sales floor space for all of your great items. So if you’re planning to consign, please sign up today so we can prepare enough space for your items and enough volunteers to help you with check-in and check-out.

Here’s a reminder of the sale schedule:

Thursday, March 25th

12:00-1:30 High volume Consignor Drop-off

12:00-3:00 Consignor Drop-off

(All consignors must be out of the building by 3:00)

4:00 12+ hour volunteer pre-sale

4:30 8 hour volunteer pre-sale

5:00 4 hour volunteer pre-sale

5:30 Barter pre-sale

6:00 Consignor pre-sale

7:00 Military families, First-time parents, Teachers pre-sale

Friday, March 26th

9:30-7:00 Open to the public for shopping

Saturday, March 27th

9:00 Volunteer Half Price pre-sale

9:30 Consignor Half Price pre-sale

10:00-3:00 Open to the public for half price shopping

6:00-7:00 Consignor Pick-up

7:00 Charity truck arrives

Make sure you’ve marked your calendar for any sale times that are applicable to you. You can also access the detailed sale calendar anytime at www.jbfsale.com/provo by clicking on “calendar” at the top of the screen.

Email me anytime if you have questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Amy
amyoakeson@jbfsale.com
Old 03-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Penny Pincher

Ok, I am getting excited for this sale. I have got online and registered and am getting my clothes tagged and ready for drop off. Can't wait to see what everyone else is bringing. Time to SELL and SHOP! I am still happy about the purchases I made at the fall sale. I got a bike helmet in excellent condition for $3.00!! I also got some Disney DVD's for $3.00! Great Stuff!! Great Prices!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Can't wait to see what everyone else is bringing.
Me too--got my fingers crossed that I'll find some Easter dresses for my kiddos.

Last edited by chickadee; 03-12-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: oops, left out a word!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Penny Pincher

Hmm, though I posted this already but it's not showing up. . .I just found out that Utah Deal Diva is having a giveaway for gift certificates and "Shop Early" passes for the sales! Here's a link to the post: Utah Deal Diva JBF giveaway
Old 03-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Penny Pincher

I had to add this info from the latest newsletter, about the partner charity:
Quote:
Our partner charity -- the Four of Hearts Foundation -- will also be present during the sale to share information and accept donations. Please read the information below from them:

Consignors: Please mark DONATE on your items this year!

After the JBF sale has ended, if you would like to donate your remaining items, they will go to the Four of Hearts Foundation!

We are a local non-profit group started by teens who want to make a difference in the lives of children around the world! We provided Christmas for several local families this past season and recently sent 22 boxes of aid to orphans in Haiti!

Your donations from this sale will directly affect the children of the village of Los Robles, Sololá Guatemala! We will be taking clothing, shoes, infant kits, hygiene kits, and medical supplies to the orphanage there this summer, as well as to the 47 families in the village. There are currently 275 children and 30 babies in the village!

At the JBF sale we will be holding a formula drive. Please bring any unopened cans of formula that you have collected before the sale to donate. The children of Los Robles are starving. Last year alone over 80 babies under age 2 died of malnutrition.

Please help us change that!

We will be at the sale to answer any questions you have and you can visit our website or email us at any time. We will also be holding a raffle at the sale where you can purchase $5 tickets to help us raise money to buy Incaparina- a high protein whey/corn drink for the children of the village. This one glass of Incaparina is the only thing most of these children will get to eat each day. We will have some great prizes to win in the raffle and ask that you tell friends and family about this as well!
The Four of Hearts Team would like to thank you in advance for your support this year and share with you here just a few of the children whose lives your donations will touch. Visit us at www.four-of-hearts.com
I actually met and talked with Kris while I was working at the last sale and heard firsthand the story behind their charity, and it really touched me. Their family adopted a little girl from Guatemala a few years ago, and when Kris came home and showed her kids photos of the village where their little sister had been living, they were so shocked that they insisted on doing "something" to help--and that's how the foundation got started.

If anyone finds a great deal on formula somewhere this week, let me know. . .I really want to help these guys out!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I am thinking of consigning at the Davis one. How was that one for consigning and shopping?

We don't remember days we remember moments!
Old 03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerMom
I am thinking of consigning at the Davis one. How was that one for consigning and shopping?
I have heard that the Layton sale is fabulous! Both sales depend on what is being sold. I am going to consign some stuff for both the Provo and Layton sales. I live in Utah County so I know more about Provo, but from what I have heard Layton is great!
Old 03-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerMom
I've always done very well with selling at the Davis one, and there's only been one sale that I've walked away finding nothing that I needed. Usually I can get a good share of the seasonal clothing shopping list crossed off.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Penny Pincher

I've always done well selling/shopping at the Davis County one, too. It seems to be the bigger of the two sales, although I can see that changing as word gets out in Utah County--there are so many young families out that way, YK?

Here's the latest info for the Utah County sale--presales start tomorrow night!

Quote:
Saturday Parking: On Saturday, there is a big event going on at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. People will be parking at the fairgrounds and shuttling to the temple. The parking around our building on the north is reserved for us. Be sure to enter through the NORTH GATE. Let the attendant know you are with Just Between Friends. They are instructed to keep all of the north side parking open for us.
. . .

. . .

SHOPPERS: If you're shopping our public sales, make sure you've marked your calendar for the times:
Friday 9:30-7:00 & Saturday 10:00-3:00 for half price day

SHOP LIKE A "PRO!" There are a few things you can do to make your shopping experience the best it can be:
* If at all possible, make arrangements to leave young kids at home. We are happy to have them, but have found that YOUR shopping experience (particularly at the busy pre-sale) will be greatly improved if you can do it on your own.
* Arrive on time for the best deals if you're shopping a pre-sale.
* Bring something to help carry your items. Things that have worked well for our veteran shoppers include: wagons, laundry baskets, big ikea bags, etc.
* Use our "hold" area for large items you'd like to purchase.
* Bring a buddy. Everything is better with a girlfriend!

I'll see you all this weekend!
Amy