Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Good places to eat in Provo, Lehi area?

Going to women's conference for the first time. We're staying near Thanksgiving point. Any great places to eat in the area? Coupons?
Old 03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeckos
Going to women's conference for the first time. We're staying near Thanksgiving point. Any great places to eat in the area? Coupons?
Are you from out of state? A couple places my family always wants to visit when they come from CA are Cafe Rio and Tucano's. Both are delicious and both have websites. My favorite is Paradise Bakery.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Master Penny Pincher

For Lehi, hands down I say Porter's Place on Main.
Great food, good prices, unique atmosphere, and a plethora of non-alcoholic drinks with fun names. I know the "ironports" are HUGE mugs (as large as my face) filled with old fashioned vanilla rootbeer. They are sooo tasty.

Best menu items are the scones, steaks, potatoes, and hamburgers.

It is unique because of it's antique presence, and that it is dedicated to Porter Rockwell, Brigham Young's body guard. Lots of interesting pictures on the walls, the old saloon style bar is an antique brought in from an old bar, and old time piano music plays overhead. The place is a little dirty and dark, but it is definitely worth it!

Others: Harvest at Thanksgiving Point is delicious, and a really nice restaurant. As for Provo, I love Osaka! It is a cozy little Asian restaurant. Their sushi, miso soup, and tempura are to die for. On the wall as you walk in, there are signed pictures of celebrities that have come to visit. It's not very well known but it is delicious and the owners are such sweet people. It's right off of state street, I think it's actually on Provo Main street, next to many other little shops. (I'd name the other shops but they change so quickly that I bet half of them I am thinking of don't exist there anymore.)
Old 03-25-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laskuh
For Lehi, hands down I say Porter's Place on Main.
Great food, good prices, unique atmosphere, and a plethora of non-alcoholic drinks with fun names. I know the "ironports" are HUGE mugs (as large as my face) filled with old fashioned vanilla rootbeer. They are sooo tasty.

Best menu items are the scones, steaks, potatoes, and hamburgers.

It is unique because of it's antique presence, and that it is dedicated to Porter Rockwell, Brigham Young's body guard. Lots of interesting pictures on the walls, the old saloon style bar is an antique brought in from an old bar, and old time piano music plays overhead. The place is a little dirty and dark, but it is definitely worth it!
I agree. Also, there is a new Japanese place/steakhouse on Lehi Main St. called Tokyo. They are doing buy one lunch and two drinks, get one free right now. They just barely opened and are way good. If you like hamburgers, check out JCW's up by Thanksgiving Point. Yum!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Penny Pincher

I 2nd Porters Place and also Tempanyakis (S?) I also like Emmets and Ethels which is an Ice Cream & Hambuger joint on Lehi main street.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 PM

I don't really see a lot of dining coupons. You may want to look in a Happenings book.

Yes, I second JCWs-the Burger Boys by Thanksgiving Point. They also have salads, HUGE yummy shakes (better than Purple Turtle), the BEST cheese fries, hot sandwiches, dinners, soup & chili. They have coupons in the mail out magazines for B1G1 burger free. Here's their website JCWs. There's also the Harvest Restaurant in Thanksgiving Point. It's expenisve fine dining. They also have 3 cafes & an ice cream shop. Thanksgiving Point dining

Off of A.F.Main Street exit they've really built a ton. There's Zupas (soups, salads, & paninis), Rodizio Grill-Brazilian Steakhouse (I do think Tucanos is better. There's one in Provo & S.L. & you can make reservations), Pier 49 pizza, In 'N Out, Paradise Bakery & Cafe, Cobblestone Pizzeria & cafe, Olive Garden (I think there was a recent coupon from SS for $4 off 2 dinner entrees), Flour Girls & Dough Boys-bakery & cafe (they close at 7 p.m. on M-Th & 8 p.m. on Fri. & Sat.).

Off Lehi Main Street there is Tepanyaki (I think the food is o.k., but you're paying for the experience. I've seen 20% off dinner coupons), Emmett's & Ethel's (burgers, hot dogs, shakes), Rice King, Texas Roadhouse (I recommend call ahead waiting), IHOP, Chilis, Cafe Rio, and Applebees. HTH
Old 03-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Penny Pincher

Just thought of one more... Brick Oven in Provo is always popular. It's a pizza place and they make their own root beer. Their cookies are amazing.

BTW, I am SHOCKED at the Porter's Place recommendation. It looks like such a little hole in the wall. I've looked up reviews online before and people say it's terrible. After reading this thread, I guess I'll have to give it a shot after all. =)
Old 03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Penny Pincher

Kneaders is always delicious. If you are at Thanksgiving Point, you go under I-15 past Cabella's towards Highland (on Alpine Hwy??) and it is off on your right side. Phenomenal sandwiches, breakfasts, and desserts...plus, super cute atmosphere.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextraphy
Just thought of one more... Brick Oven in Provo is always popular. It's a pizza place and they make their own root beer. Their cookies are amazing.

BTW, I am SHOCKED at the Porter's Place recommendation. It looks like such a little hole in the wall. I've looked up reviews online before and people say it's terrible. After reading this thread, I guess I'll have to give it a shot after all. =)
The place is terrible. I hated it the first time, and decided to give it a second chance. The steak looked like it had been cooked on a griddle. I won't go there again!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:15 PM

I'll throw in my vote for Porter's Place! It does look dirty and there are two toilets in the one restroom (no divider wall!), but that just adds to the charm! The scones are great, as are their potato logs and specialty drinks. They have a variety of sandwiches (I like the French Dip), but we mostly go there for the atmosphere!