Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Pinching Pennies until they Scream! > Screaming Deals Online > Deal Talk

Old 04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
PYP Deal Finder

Default Want "Free" Batteries? Buy Duracell Batteries - Get 100% back in Staples Rewards!

Purchase 20-pk Duracell batteries (Item #703715 AA and Item # 846026 AAA) and receive 100% Staples Rewards. So, if you purchase 2 packs, your total will be (pre-tax) $19.98 and you will receive a Staples Reward check for $19.98! (exp 5/1) - FREE ship to store!

Staples.com LINK

"*Valid for purchases between 4/25/10 and 5/1/10. Offer good on item nos. 703715 and/or 846026 only (size AA or AAA, 20/Pack). Limit 2 per customer. Purchase price paid for batteries will be credited to customer's Staples RewardsŪ account. Must be a member of Staples Rewards. Valid in store, by phone or on staples.com. Not valid on prior purchases. Purchaser is responsible for paying applicable sales tax. No cash/credit back. Staples RewardsŪ membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. Staples Rewards are mailed monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. For full program details, visit StaplesRewards.com."

Old 04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Administrator

So this doesn't start until the 25th right?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
PYP Deal Finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley
Sorry! You are right! It was in my email TODAY so I didn't even notice the date issue. Guess I would have figured it out when I went to place my order. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley
Correct. That's what the ad states.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Nevermind - I found my answer.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I wonder if you could buy them in-store and get an additional 10% off using this coupon?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Woot woot! Very excited for this deal.
I have a billion typos, and it's because I'm almost always typing while breastfeeding a baby or having a large and unrelenting boy crawl around my lap and poke at the screen asking what the smilies mean. I've given up trying to type well.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Staples Rewards ≠ Staples Rebates; Staples Rewards Restrictions

Keep in mind Staples Rewards aren't rebates (that's why the ad is very carefully worded to say "It's like getting free batteries"). It's a check with an expiration date valid only in-store or online at Staples. No gift card rollovers are allowed.

Quote:
7. Reward Redemption

Rewards and Recycling Rewards are redeemable for most merchandise in Staples stores, online at www.Staples.com or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 but cannot be redeemed for or applied against taxes, cash, credit remittance, delivery charges, custom printing orders placed online, promotional products, Staples gift cards, third party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, Staples Industrialsm purchases or any purchases made on other provider Web sites.

If a Reward or Recycling Reward is not redeemed in full on in-store purchases only, a one-time-only coupon with the expiration date of the original Reward will be printed for any remaining balance of $1.00 or more. Such Reward coupon must be either used in full at one subsequent transaction or the balance will be forfeited. The balance Reward coupon may be used for future store, online or phone purchases. Staples.com orders or phone orders, excluding taxes, delivery charges, gift cards, prepaid phone cards and postage stamps, must meet or exceed the Reward or Recycling Reward amount.
About the expiration date:

Quote:
Rewards expire the last day of the month 2 months following the month in which they are issued and can not be redeemed after the expiration date. Expired, lost or misdirected Rewards will not be reissued. Rewards not received by the Member due to incorrect mailing addresses will not be reissued.
Source: http://www.staplesrewardscenter.com/...ardsTerms.aspx, underlining added

Jennifer from the online Staples chat stated this about rolling over Staples Rewards:

Quote:
...if you pay for the order with rewards you would not get the 100% back in rewards again.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Master Penny Pincher

If you used your Staples Rewards card on the last paper deal at Staples, you should be getting back $23.98 = $4 + $19.98 (assuming the last paper deal qualified for Staples Rewards).
Old 04-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hut00009
I wonder if you could buy them in-store and get an additional 10% off using this coupon?

Ohhhhh... Now I am *very* excited! We are a couple AAs away from being out of batteries, and there are some things I just won't put rechargeables in... Thanks for the coupon link!!!