Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Pinching Pennies until they Scream! > Screaming Deals Online > Deal Talk

Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 AM
PYP Deal Finder

Default TiVo HD - $100 shipped!!

TiVo LINK
Factory-renewed TiVo HD DVR
Was: $199.99
Today: $99.99 + FREE shipping!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:26 AM
PYP Deal Finder

I big fluffy heart my TiVo(s). We have three - one on each television. The HD allows you to watch Netflix Instant which makes me love it even more. The factory-renewed from TiVo have the same warranty as their new ones.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Master Penny Pincher

I am admittedly under a rock when it comes to instant netflix. Can you tell me about it and what it costs? I think I do know what tivo is though. LOL!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:45 AM
PYP Deal Finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by approval
I am admittedly under a rock when it comes to instant netflix. Can you tell me about it and what it costs? I think I do know what tivo is though. LOL!
No worries. If you are a Netflix customer, you can view A LOT (this list is growing daily) of movies and television shows directly on your TiVo HD. There are other devices that allow you to watch instant, but we really like our TiVo.... although I may have already said that.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlarson
No worries. If you are a Netflix customer, you can view A LOT (this list is growing daily) of movies and television shows directly on your TiVo HD. There are other devices that allow you to watch instant, but we really like our TiVo.... although I may have already said that.
So you just pay per movie you download onto your TiVo. Is it downloaded for a one-time use, or a certain period of time? How much is it per movie? How much is a Netflix membership (annual I presume)? Sorry so many questions!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:15 AM
PYP Deal Finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by approval
So you just pay per movie you download onto your TiVo. Is it downloaded for a one-time use, or a certain period of time? How much is it per movie? How much is a Netflix membership (annual I presume)? Sorry so many questions!
Sorry for my limited info in the previous post. Netflix is a monthly fee of $8.99 and you can have unlimited movies streaming to your TiVo (or other device, including your computer) with no extra charge. There is no limit as to how many times you can watch the movie/TV show (they have a lot of TV shows). You also get 1 DVD out at a time - with no limit per month. So you get the DVD and you can keep it as long as you want with no extra charge and when you send it back (pre-paid envelope) they will send the next one on your list.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlarson
Sorry for my limited info in the previous post. Netflix is a monthly fee of $8.99 and you can have unlimited movies streaming to your TiVo (or other device, including your computer) with no extra charge. There is no limit as to how many times you can watch the movie/TV show (they have a lot of TV shows). You also get 1 DVD out at a time - with no limit per month. So you get the DVD and you can keep it as long as you want with no extra charge and when you send it back (pre-paid envelope) they will send the next one on your list.
Thank you for answering my questions Whitlarson! That makes a lot more sense to me now.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Is there a monthly tivo charge also? We recently downgraded our cable to save $, but I sooo miss the dvr
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by my*gracie*girl
Is there a monthly tivo charge also? We recently downgraded our cable to save $, but I sooo miss the dvr

Yes, but we paid the "lifetime" fee so we didn't have the monthly charge.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Penny Pincher

How much is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetmom
Yes, but we paid the "lifetime" fee so we didn't have the monthly charge.