Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Pinching Pennies until they Scream! > Screaming Deals Online > Deal Talk

Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Kohl's shipping? How fast are you getting your orders?

I placed a bunch of orders in Nov. from Kohls. The first few came in super fast, within 3-4 days. Now shipping has slowed down and I was wondering if it was just me and if anyone else is concerned or spoke with Kohls?
The orders I placed on Nov 26 and 29 are still "in fullfillment" with expected arrival pushed back now till dec 20th. I order some gifts for teachers or family that I needed before then (school gets out here in the 16th). The items that are taking so long are throws, vera wang cares items (jewelry), mens shirts, mens pjs and elle decor items.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspoons View Post
I placed a bunch of orders in Nov. from Kohls. The first few came in super fast, within 3-4 days. Now shipping has slowed down and I was wondering if it was just me and if anyone else is concerned or spoke with Kohls?
The orders I placed on Nov 26 and 29 are still "in fullfillment" with expected arrival pushed back now till dec 20th. I order some gifts for teachers or family that I needed before then (school gets out here in the 16th). The items that are taking so long are throws, vera wang cares items (jewelry), mens shirts, mens pjs and elle decor items.
I ordered some items the day after Thanksgiving and just got them on Tues. It took a long time! Hopefully you will get the things you need soon!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Here's my recent experience with Kohls.com.

I ordered a pair of boots for DS on Dec. 2nd. I called Kohls yesterday (Dec. 9th) asking when they are going to be shipped, and if they will arrive at my home sometime between Dec 13th through the 16th as stated when I ordered them. The Kohls CSR told me that he didn't know when the boots will be shipped, but assured me that they would arrive between the scheduled date of Dec 13th through the 16th. Later that day, they were shipped. The estimated delivery is now Dec 18th and instead of using Standard Ground shipping (as stated in the order email), the company decided to use FedEx SmartPost which is cheaper and hence takes longer (I believe).

I am not pleased with Kohls. I expected Kohls to ship the boots earlier and within the time frame as I was told by the CSR.

ETA: I just found out that it can take up to 15-16 days once an item has been ordered, to arrive at one's house via FedEx SmartPost (called Standard Ground by Kohls) if the order is under 8 lbs. See Kohl's Standard Ground Delivery Arrival Schedule at http://www.kohlscorporation.com/cust...standardground
Old 12-10-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hut View Post
Here's my recent experience with Kohls.com.

I ordered a pair of boots for DS on Dec. 2nd. I called Kohls yesterday (Dec. 9th) asking when they are going to be shipped, and if they will arrive at my home sometime between Dec 13th through the 16th as stated when I ordered them. The Kohls CSR told me that he didn't know when the boots will be shipped, but assured me that they would arrive between the scheduled date of Dec 13th through the 16th. Later that day, they were shipped. The estimated delivery is now Dec 18th and instead of using Standard Ground shipping (as stated in the order email), the company decided to use FedEx SmartPost which is cheaper and hence takes longer (I believe).

I am not pleased with Kohls. I expected Kohls to ship the boots earlier and within the time frame as I was told by the CSR.

ETA: I just found out that it can take up to 15-16 days once an item has been ordered, to arrive at one's house via FedEx SmartPost (called Standard Ground by Kohls) if the order is under 8 lbs. See Kohl's Standard Ground Delivery Arrival Schedule at http://www.kohlscorporation.com/cust...standardground
Yes smartpost is horrible, and worse if you live in St George(usually 2 extra days). I also dislike that if you have a problem with a lost or delayed package, neither fedex or the post office wants to take responsbility. My last fedex smartpost left Arizona went to LA to oakland to kent WA, to Boise to salt lake and then to st george taking 13 days. Seems so silly since I can basically see Arizona from my house!

There are some companies that use smartpost that if you call them you can pay a small amount to have it switched to priority mail. I know Gymboree and QVC does this. I paid $1 to gymboree last time for priority instead of smartpost. I wish Kohls would offer this.

I wish kohls would be honest about the shipping dates. They have a great return policy but I want to know if I have to buy gifts elsewhere and return the kohls ones.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I placed an order this past Sunday and just recieved paritial items tonight.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:30 PM
PYP Allstar

Hijacking your thread, but

ordered 2 items from Walmart.com day after Thanksgiving and still awaiting their arrival. They told me shipped but no updated tracking information via Fedex.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
Hijacking your thread, but

ordered 2 items from Walmart.com day after Thanksgiving and still awaiting their arrival. They told me shipped but no updated tracking information via Fedex.
Was it for site to store? or home delivery?
My site to store from the 27th just arrived today (via fedex to the store)

Last year I ordered a 4 in 1 jacket for DS on BF from Walmart for home delivery. It had not arrived on Dec 16th and CS had no way to track it. They gave me a refund and the jacket came on the 21st. It had been badly mis-routed. I contacted walmart and they re-charged me. I would think that the lack of tracking would lead to abuse of the system. I was honest to admit I got my item but it never showed up as delivered in the status. Fedex home delivery also recycles tracking numbers. I had one that said delivered to porch in VA , the same day I ordered it.

Since I had to order everything online this year because I'm too sick to drive I have placed over 50 orders and the shipping has been very slow, even my ebay coupons I buy from Las Vegas to st george took 5 days!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
PYP Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspoons View Post
Was it for site to store? or home delivery?
My site to store from the 27th just arrived today (via fedex to the store)

Last year I ordered a 4 in 1 jacket for DS on BF from Walmart for home delivery. It had not arrived on Dec 16th and CS had no way to track it. They gave me a refund and the jacket came on the 21st. It had been badly mis-routed. I contacted walmart and they re-charged me. I would think that the lack of tracking would lead to abuse of the system. I was honest to admit I got my item but it never showed up as delivered in the status. Fedex home delivery also recycles tracking numbers. I had one that said delivered to porch in VA , the same day I ordered it.

Since I had to order everything online this year because I'm too sick to drive I have placed over 50 orders and the shipping has been very slow, even my ebay coupons I buy from Las Vegas to st george took 5 days!
Home delivery... called after I posted this, waited on hold for 30 min and they are resending it out with 1-day delivery.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Master Penny Pincher

FYI, Kohls.com's standard shipping (in days) is probably one of the slowest compared to its competitors (this doesn't include processing time which is normally 1-2 days):

Sears.com: Standard Shipping (1 to 5 business days)
Target.com: Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days)
Amazon.com: Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days)
Walmart.com: Standard Shipping (3 to 5 business days)
JCPenney.com: Standard Shipping (4 to 7 business days)
Kohls.com: Standard Shipping (7 to 10 business days)
Old 12-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Master Penny Pincher

My most recent kohls order took 1 week for them to even put it in the mail. I still don't have it. 1 week is too long for processing in stock orders this time of year, IMO. THey really need to step it up. Love Kohls, but Amazon Prime has spoiled me.