Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Penny Pincher

Default Best place to see fireworks in Provo?

We are going to be in Provo on the 4th. Can you see fireworks from Utah Lake State park? Is there a better (free) place to go view them?

THanks!
Monica
Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

The Stadium of Fire is actually on Saturday, July 2. Anywhere above campus is a good spot to view, but you have to get there early to stake out your place. I'm not sure about viewing from out by the lake.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:27 AM

The grass outside the marriott center at BYU is a great place to view them, however you have to get there at the crack of dan to stake out a spot. We like to watch them from Rock Canyon Park. The fireworks are kind of far away, so it's not the most spectacular view, but the park keeps the kiddos entertained while we wait for the sun to go down. You have to get there early too, but we usually get there mid afternoon and have our choice of spots. HTH Have fun
Old 06-27-2011, 03:13 PM

I'm not sure if you can see them from the lake. We watch them sometimes from the local Middle School field and they're kind of far away for my taste - and we live closer than the lake. I'm actually kind of annoyed they're having them on the 2nd and not the 4th this year. Our alternative city we usually go to is doing it on the 2nd too. What is up with that?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Master Penny Pincher/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkpaul View Post
I'm not sure if you can see them from the lake. We watch them sometimes from the local Middle School field and they're kind of far away for my taste - and we live closer than the lake. I'm actually kind of annoyed they're having them on the 2nd and not the 4th this year. Our alternative city we usually go to is doing it on the 2nd too. What is up with that?
So the parade is the 4th this year? I hate when the divide up the parade and fireworks into 2 separate days!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:54 PM

If you live south of the stadium, I recommend the parking lot by Seven Peaks and the ice arena. The view is pretty good and we've found that this is easy to get out of after the fireworks and doesn't seem to be very packed. The year we went to Rock Canyon park it took us a few hours to just get out of Provo-everywhere we turned we were stuck in traffic.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missus View Post
If you live south of the stadium, I recommend the parking lot by Seven Peaks and the ice arena. The view is pretty good and we've found that this is easy to get out of after the fireworks and doesn't seem to be very packed. The year we went to Rock Canyon park it took us a few hours to just get out of Provo-everywhere we turned we were stuck in traffic.
We're lucky, we live less than a mile from Rock Canyon (and it's in the opposite direction of the flow of traffic. But, yes, the traffic can be horrible all over Provo after Stadium of Fire lets out.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

My DD told me today that they are going up to the "Y" on the mountain to watch the Stadium of Fire show on Saturday.