Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Pinching Pennies until they Scream! > Screaming Deals Around Town + printable shopping lists for Walgreens, Target, CVS & RiteAid

Old 10-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Default Walgreens FAQ's

What are Register Rewards?

Register Rewards are coupons you earn to use on your next shopping trip, valid on almost anything in the store. You earn these Register Rewards when you purchase certain items. These promotions are listed in the Weekly Ads or near the products themselves.

Register Rewards usually do not roll. This means if you receive a Register Reward for buying a certain product, say Aussie, and you pay for it with a Register Reward you earned from buying Aussie, you will NOT receive another Register Reward.
You will be able to pay for the Aussie using the Aussie Register Rewards, but you will not receive a new Aussie Register Reward.
Every once in a while, the Register Reward promotion will roll, which means you can buy more of the same product and use that Register Reward to pay for it and receive another Register Reward.

Coupons

Walgreens puts out a coupon book once a month with numerous Walgreens coupons in it. It says “Monthly Savings Book” and can usually be found right next to the weekly ads. Walgreens does allow you to combine their store coupons (either in the Monthly Savings Book or weekly ad) with a manufacturer coupon on one product. This means if the Monthly Savings Book or the Weekly Ad has a coupon for a product (say Advil) for $2.00 off, and there is a manufacturer coupon for $1.00 off, you will save $3.00 on that purchase!

Walgreens allows you to use one coupon PER ITEM on a Buy 1 Get 1 FREE sale. So say Crest Toothpaste is B1 G1 FREE with a regular price of $3.99 and there are $1/1 Manufacturer Coupons. You would pay $3.99 for both products and could use (2) $1/1 coupons, bringing your total to $1.99 for both products!
Walgreens registers also are set up to allow a B1 G1 FREE Sale and B1 G1 FREE Coupon to work together to get you both items for FREE!

One VERY IMPORTANT rule to remember is that you MUST have at least the same total amount of items than you have coupons. For this rule, Manufacturer Coupons and Register Rewards count as coupons, NOT the store coupons found in the Monthly Savings Book or Weekly Ad. So with the Advil example listed above, you have one product and are using two coupons. One coupon is a manufacturer coupon, and one coupon is a store coupon found in the Weekly Ad. This works because only the manufacturer coupon has to abide by the rule. Now say, you have one manufacturer coupon and one Register Rewards coupon and are trying to buy the one Advil, this will NOT work. There are two total Manufacturer Coupons and only one product.

This is where “fillers” come in. Fillers are inexpensive items that you buy to make sure you have at least the same number of products as you do coupons. There are usually small inexpensive candy items you can buy, pencils or items you would buy anyway. One of my favorite fillers is when they have the Comet or Ajax cleaning powder 3 for $1.00. This is an item I would buy anyway, so it works best for me.
Let’s go back to the Advil example. We can now buy the Advil and one “Filler” and use one Register Rewards Coupon and one Manufacturer Coupon. We now have two items and two Manufacturer Coupons.

Sometimes the Catalina machine is not working and your Register Rewards do not come out. Some cashiers dismiss this by saying they didn’t print because you used manufacturer coupons to pay for them. This is not the case. You can either ask them to ring up your transaction again, or call Catalina Marketing 888-322-3814 and let them know the information from your receipt.

Please post in this thread any information I missed or any questions you may have.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

with the register rewards, would you get one for every product purchased in a single transaction? in you example, Advil- if i bought 2 would I get 2 RR?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna98 View Post
with the register rewards, would you get one for every product purchased in a single transaction? in you example, Advil- if i bought 2 would I get 2 RR?
There is usually a limit of 1 on the Register Rewards promotions. The limits are listed either in the ad or by the product. If it says limit 1, you will only get one per transaction, even if you purchase 2.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Registery Rewards

So, if there is a RR for Advil with a limit of 1 can I purchase it several times in separate transactions and get a reward for each one?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

I wished I would have known about the tidbit regarding the catalina printer last week - I missed out on $6 rr because the guy said I used a mfg coupon. I knew that I'd used them before, but thought it was a new policy or something.

Thanks so much for posting that info here....without it, I would have gone on thinking that guy was right forever!

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:46 PM
claire05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
What are Register Rewards?

Register Rewards are coupons you earn to use on your next shopping trip, valid on almost anything in the store. You earn these Register Rewards when you purchase certain items. These promotions are listed in the Weekly Ads or near the products themselves.

Register Rewards usually do not roll. This means if you receive a Register Reward for buying a certain product, say Aussie, and you pay for it with a Register Reward you earned from buying Aussie, you will NOT receive another Register Reward.
You will be able to pay for the Aussie using the Aussie Register Rewards, but you will not receive a new Aussie Register Reward.
Every once in a while, the Register Reward promotion will roll, which means you can buy more of the same product and use that Register Reward to pay for it and receive another Register Reward.

Coupons

Walgreens puts out a coupon book once a month with numerous Walgreens coupons in it. It says “Monthly Savings Book” and can usually be found right next to the weekly ads. Walgreens does allow you to combine their store coupons (either in the Monthly Savings Book or weekly ad) with a manufacturer coupon on one product. This means if the Monthly Savings Book or the Weekly Ad has a coupon for a product (say Advil) for $2.00 off, and there is a manufacturer coupon for $1.00 off, you will save $3.00 on that purchase!

Walgreens allows you to use one coupon PER ITEM on a Buy 1 Get 1 FREE sale. So say Crest Toothpaste is B1 G1 FREE with a regular price of $3.99 and there are $1/1 Manufacturer Coupons. You would pay $3.99 for both products and could use (2) $1/1 coupons, bringing your total to $1.99 for both products!
Walgreens registers also are set up to allow a B1 G1 FREE Sale and B1 G1 FREE Coupon to work together to get you both items for FREE!

One VERY IMPORTANT rule to remember is that you MUST have at least the same total amount of items than you have coupons. For this rule, Manufacturer Coupons and Register Rewards count as coupons, NOT the store coupons found in the Monthly Savings Book or Weekly Ad. So with the Advil example listed above, you have one product and are using two coupons. One coupon is a manufacturer coupon, and one coupon is a store coupon found in the Weekly Ad. This works because only the manufacturer coupon has to abide by the rule. Now say, you have one manufacturer coupon and one Register Rewards coupon and are trying to buy the one Advil, this will NOT work. There are two total Manufacturer Coupons and only one product.

This is where “fillers” come in. Fillers are inexpensive items that you buy to make sure you have at least the same number of products as you do coupons. There are usually small inexpensive candy items you can buy, pencils or items you would buy anyway. One of my favorite fillers is when they have the Comet or Ajax cleaning powder 3 for $1.00. This is an item I would buy anyway, so it works best for me.
Let’s go back to the Advil example. We can now buy the Advil and one “Filler” and use one Register Rewards Coupon and one Manufacturer Coupon. We now have two items and two Manufacturer Coupons.

Sometimes the Catalina machine is not working and your Register Rewards do not come out. Some cashiers dismiss this by saying they didn’t print because you used manufacturer coupons to pay for them. This is not the case. You can either ask them to ring up your transaction again, or call Catalina Marketing 888-322-3814 and let them know the information from your receipt.

Please post in this thread any information I missed or any questions you may have.
THX! It helps me a lot!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Smile Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeasley View Post
So, if there is a RR for Advil with a limit of 1 can I purchase it several times in separate transactions and get a reward for each one?
Yes you can, or at least that is the way I always do it and I get as many RR as product I buy as long as they are on rung up separately. Hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Master Penny Pincher

can you use the rr on the same day they are issued? I was wondering if I could buy the stuff I get rr with then do another transaction to get the rest of my stuff? I know some stores will let you do things like that (even let you know that it is an option) and some consider it cheating.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirth View Post
can you use the rr on the same day they are issued? I was wondering if I could buy the stuff I get rr with then do another transaction to get the rest of my stuff? I know some stores will let you do things like that (even let you know that it is an option) and some consider it cheating.
I've never had a problem using them on the same day they are issued.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

can i get separate rr for separate items? for example, can i get a rr for olay and a rr for colgate in the same tranactions or am i limited to one rr per transaction?