Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned! > A Penny Saved...

Old 11-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Penny Pincher

Default HELP- Target Shoppers!

If I get a Target Gift Card with a purchase, can I use the gift card the same day or are there restrictions on when it can be used?

I live over an hour away from the nearest Target, and am hoping to buy some things that come with gift cards and then be able to use them while I am there.

TIA!!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Master Penny Pincher

I think you should be able to turn around and do it! I believe I have done it numerous times w/ an RX GC. The only reason I am hesitant is because it's been awhile since I have done it.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrate View Post
If I get a Target Gift Card with a purchase, can I use the gift card the same day or are there restrictions on when it can be used?

I live over an hour away from the nearest Target, and am hoping to buy some things that come with gift cards and then be able to use them while I am there.

TIA!!
Depends on the cashier. The card will work immediately. But, the cashier may tell you that you have to come back another time to use it.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Master Penny Pincher

I use mine the same day a lot, especially with the RX ones. You could always just check out again if it were a problem, but I've never had a problem doing it.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Master Penny Pincher

The cashiers have told me the official policy is to use it the next time. Ask them up front how they do it so you know what to do with that cashier and explain your situation. You can always just plan to do your stuff in 2 transactions, that is what I would do.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Professional Penny Pincher/Moderator

If they are being difficult, buy the stuff with gift cards first, go to lunch and then go back to a Target and buy anything else you needed and use the cards. Okay, I feel for you but, mine is because I have to haul many kids in and out for the two transactions.