Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Pinching Pennies until they Scream! > Screaming Deals Online > Deal Talk

Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky77 View Post
Good to see they are arriving, I'm still waiting for mine, I was worried they might not honor them.

I was wondering Justy if you would mind sharing some of your recipes, or do you just use cake mix from a box? I made a recipe in the booklet and I wasn't too impressed. Also how long do you cook yours for, I think I might be leaving mine in too long (4 minutes - maybe to overdone)? Also what do you frost yours with - homemade icing or frosting from the can? Sorry for all the questions, but so far I'm not loving my baby cakes! My kids do, they think its great but I think they could taste alot better than what I'm doing. Thanks
I would love to hear everyones' tricks and recipes. I have only used mine once so far at Christmas time. I just used a cake mix. For the topping, I mixed frosting with a little melted chocolate which worked out pretty good. Then I dipped them if different things like sprinkles, oreo crumbs, heath bits, and candy canes. I also overcooked mine a bit so I'll have to try less time. The problem I had was the stick kept poking all the way through the cake. When I froze the cake balls, it seemed to help a little bit. Boy, they are yummy and fun but a bit of work too. I hope to better learn how to make them.

Oh, and I got my rebate as well.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Penny Pincher

Anyone else still waiting for their rebates? I'm beginning to think they're not coming.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjaim View Post
Anyone else still waiting for their rebates? I'm beginning to think they're not coming.
I just got mine last week, so I think they are still sending some.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Good to see they are arriving, I'm still waiting for mine, I was worried they might not honor them.

I was wondering Justy if you would mind sharing some of your recipes, or do you just use cake mix from a box? I made a recipe in the booklet and I wasn't too impressed. Also how long do you cook yours for, I think I might be leaving mine in too long (4 minutes - maybe to overdone)? Also what do you frost yours with - homemade icing or frosting from the can? Sorry for all the questions, but so far I'm not loving my baby cakes! My kids do, they think its great but I think they could taste alot better than what I'm doing. Thanks
I have just been using cake mixes or the recipes that came with the maker. I usually just take them out when the light goes off, or a little bit after and they don't seem overdone. With frosting, I have used melted chocolate or melted candy bark coating and I freeze the pops first and then dip them. I don't usually put them on a stick, if I am serving them somewhere, I just use the mini cupcake papers. I like to put sprinkles on them or whatever you wanted, chopped up candy, candy canes, etc. My kids love to just eat them without anyone on them too.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by justy View Post
I have just been using cake mixes or the recipes that came with the maker. I usually just take them out when the light goes off, or a little bit after and they don't seem overdone. With frosting, I have used melted chocolate or melted candy bark coating and I freeze the pops first and then dip them. I don't usually put them on a stick, if I am serving them somewhere, I just use the mini cupcake papers. I like to put sprinkles on them or whatever you wanted, chopped up candy, candy canes, etc. My kids love to just eat them without anyone on them too.
Thanks justy! I finally figured it out. I only cook them for about 1 1/5 - 2 minutes or until I can start to smell them. I overcooked them the first couple times because I was thinking they had to cook for 4 minutes, plus I don't think the booklet instructions are very good. I also used a cake mix too and thought they tasted better than the recipe from the booklet, but I've only made 1 recipe from the booklet so maybe there are better ones. Anyway, I took your advice and I froze them, that made a huge difference in frosting them and I used melted bark. I will admit I love my cake pops now and I was about to give them both to my sister! Thanks for your help, it's nice to get advice from a professional rather than rely on the manufacturer's instruction booklet!!

BTW - finally got both rebates last week for those still waiting.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

I saw a pretty cute tree made entirely from cake pops on T.V. today. It was Spring themed I believe, but this site has a pic of a Christmas themed one if you scroll down a bit...just thought I'd share http://savoirweddings.blogspot.com/2...gst-other.html
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Thanks justy! I finally figured it out. I only cook them for about 1 1/5 - 2 minutes or until I can start to smell them. I overcooked them the first couple times because I was thinking they had to cook for 4 minutes, plus I don't think the booklet instructions are very good. I also used a cake mix too and thought they tasted better than the recipe from the booklet, but I've only made 1 recipe from the booklet so maybe there are better ones. Anyway, I took your advice and I froze them, that made a huge difference in frosting them and I used melted bark. I will admit I love my cake pops now and I was about to give them both to my sister! Thanks for your help, it's nice to get advice from a professional rather than rely on the manufacturer's instruction booklet!!

BTW - finally got both rebates last week for those still waiting.
Glad I could be of help, they really are fun and easy to make. And cake mixes are so cheap on a really good sale, I think it's cheaper than making them from scratch! I also have a fun blog I like to use for fun ideas.

http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/2012/...treats-sweets/