Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Penny for your Thoughts

Old 01-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Healthcare.gov

I have been trying to sign up since October, and I keep getting the same error message. Error ID:500.300588 It is at the final step to sign up. Is this happening to anyone else? No one seems to know the answer to this error code.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I also had been trying to apply since October. I've called their customer service number so many times and I've finally just given up. I was hoping to find cheaper insurance but I'll wait until they get more bugs fixed before trying again. I found their customer service agents to have a HUGE lack of knowledge and frankly it made me not trust asking them any questions. This specifically came up when I called to ask about a dollar amount to enter in a field and 3 people gave 3 different answers. And some of what they were telling me was so far from correct that it would have made me ineligible for any assistance, like saying our employer cost was $0 a month. smh

I 'think' you might be able to call them to fill out an application over the phone. However all the previous times I've tried this I've been told that their application system was down and they didn't know when it'd be back up.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:12 AM
Master Penny Pincher

I kept getting an error, I don't remember the code I got, but when I called healthcare.gov, they deleted my account and I set up another account and had to start over. It was a pain, but it was the only way, and it worked.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I personally would not put any of my personal info into the HHS website. It is not secure and someone who is a professional at hacking systems hacked it and got 70,000 names, etc within 4 min. He did it to show how unsecure it is right now. Not safe IMO!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Master Penny Pincher

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cant get through. I get to that final step and hit submit....and get an error and told to either call or try again later and I'm shot right back to the first page. Makes one want to scream