Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Penny for your Thoughts

Old 12-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Default How much would u pay for a used swing set

Ok, opinions please.
I just listed a wooden swing set for sale in a local classified for $50.We are moving and the new place does not have room for us to set up a swing set and the kids hardly ever use it anymore .Seeing as it is the dead of winter here and not too much outdoor activity going on so not too many people looking to buy a swing, I thought $50 was a decent price to get for the set.My husband thinks I am nuts ,that I should have asked for $75-100. What would you all pay for a used in pretty good condition set ?
We bought it at TRU a few years back, I thought we had just paid a lil over $100(saved up the girls B day gift monies and put it towards it) but I do see a set very similar to the one we have on kmarts website for over $200.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Master Penny Pincher

We bought a used wood swing set a few years ago (during the winter) for $90.......however we have always regreted it, because we feel we overpaid.

I think $50 is a really good price; $100 is too high; $75 might be okay. JMO though.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Depends on how big, how many play activities, etc. Is it just swings or does it have a slide, fort or other stuff on it. $50 sounds good for something that is used and was around $100 new, though.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazbpwife
Depends on how big, how many play activities, etc. Is it just swings or does it have a slide, fort or other stuff on it. $50 sounds good for something that is used and was around $100 new, though.

It has 2 sling swings ,one gym type of bar in between the 2 swings, monkey bars ,a rope ladder and a wave slide with a lil canopy over the top area of the slide.I THOUGHT we had only paid a lil over $100 for it,like between $140-180 but now that I see something a lil similar to ours on Kmarts site(item# 116933) clearanced to over $200 and someone else posted another swing set that has the exact components as ours but different color scheme for get this...... $600 !!!!!They have got to be out of their mind,granted thier listing is posted as from a very wealthy town, but still.Maybe I am not remembering correctly how much we paid ,but it definatley could NOT have been more then $200.I think i am just going to stick with what I posted ,I rather just get it out of my hair and get a lil bit for it then have it hanging around at the last minute and NOONE wanting it.DH should have taken it upon himself to post it at what he thought reasonable if I am so nuts.lol
Old 12-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Goodness- what a steal! I wish I could come by it from you- wanna ship it out here to UT? LOL
Old 12-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommasue
Goodness- what a steal! I wish I could come by it from you- wanna ship it out here to UT? LOL

UMMM....sorry cash and carry only.LOL
I just hope I am not cheating my girls out of more then what I could have gotten them for it.They don't know it yet ,but I plan on giving them the money I make selling it,it was thier birthday monies that paid for the most part of it originaly so I think it's only fair they get the resale monies also.