Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default Creative Answering to a Dance

Does anyone have a great way to answer YES to a dance. My daughter got asked and she'd like to do something a little more creative than decorate this bedroom or car. THANKS!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Master Penny Pincher

I don't know if this is too cheesy but one year one of my roommates at college answered a guy by getting a goldfish bowl and some goldfish (really cheap at Walmart) and leaving it in his room with a big sign that said

"Of all the fish in the sea
I'm glad you asked me.
YES! I'll go to _______ with you."

It's sorta funny??
Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Many years ago when I was asked to a dance I answered by stacking several pop cans in front of the guys door and then lighting a small candle and sticking it at the top.

Then I left a note that went something like this: I'd be "Soda-Lighted" to go to the dance with you.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff.M
I don't know if this is too cheesy but one year one of my roommates at college answered a guy by getting a goldfish bowl and some goldfish (really cheap at Walmart) and leaving it in his room with a big sign that said

"Of all the fish in the sea
I'm glad you asked me.
YES! I'll go to _______ with you."

It's sorta funny??
Cute idea but...that's how she was asked to the last dance. Thanks though!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

ooohhh how fun! Did he ask her creatively? Maybe she could follow the theme? For example, back in my dating days I made a stawberry cheesecake and dropped it off to the boy's house with a little note that said something like, "I hope you don't think its too cheesy, but I'd be berry thrilled if you'd be my date to the preferance ball." (it was better than that, but that was 7+ years ago and I don't really remember what it said.) :P He replied by bringing over a peach pie and declaring "Going to preference with you would be JUST PEACHY" (Again, it was just something to that effect, we were both far more creative than I am giving us credit for here!)

For asking (but maybe she could work with it to use it to answer) we've done singing telegrams (yay for talented room mates!), sent them on treasure hunts, and my personal favorite, got half of the stake choir involved in my plot... I borrowed a copy of the sheet music for one of the songs we were practising and carefully matched the font and changed the lyrics to ask him to the dance. At the bottom of the page I added my name to the credits and then schemed with the director and a few others to make sure he got that specific copy of the music. He said it was the most creative invitation he'd ever seen and he loved it... unfortunately someone found out I was planning to ask him at choir and asked him the night before. Bah! I'd love to hear some other ideas though. I'm feeling a hankering for asking DH out on a creative date very soon.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

She could just right yes across her forhead and go to school like that ALA Golden palace...

"Don't you wanna trade your little tiny dimes for this big shiny penny?" D.W.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Instructor/Moderator

Does she want to make him work for the answer? You could use the goldfish idea, but fill his tub with 100 or 200 fish, then have some sort of note that says that if there is an even number of fish the answer is no, but if there is an odd number of fish the answer is yes.

Or put glow-in-the-dark stars on his bedroom ceiling with a bunch of starbursts and say something about bursting with joy to be his star at the dance.

Or I have heard of people leaving an alarm clock under their bed and setting it for 3 am. When the alarm clock goes off he will have to find it and there’s a note saying yes.

When I was in high school I asked a guy to a dance by dropping off a big 5 lb. tub of butter at his doorstep with a note that said “Someone wants to take you to the dance so you “butter” look for her name!” I mixed up the butter so that it looked like I mixed something in, but there wasn’t any note in there. Then 2 hours later I left a garbage bag full of popcorn and this time there was a little piece of paper with my name on it. There was a note with the popcorn that said “Now that I’ve “buttered” you up, I’ll “pop” the question… will you go to the dance with me?”
Old 01-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

You guys are great! Thanks!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Holy cow, don't people just say "Will you go to the dance with me?" and "Sure, that would be cool."? I must have really missed out on something here.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Penny Pincher

One of my friends did this. She put the answer in a helium balloon. Then she hooked it to 1 ball of string. Let it up in the air right by the school door. Then unstrung the string so it was really high. Add more string and go in the school until you reach the class they are in. Keep adding string if needed. Have someone deliver it to them. They have to follow the string to find the answer.