Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Arizona's Screaming Deals

Old 10-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default AZ Store Policies re:coupons

These stores double up to $1.00 DAILY:
Fry's
Bashas
Safeway
Occasionally, they will triple up to $1.00 or double up to $2.00. Fry's and Bashas rain checks have a 30 day expiration date. Safeway rain checks are good for 90 days.
Doubling example:
.25= .50
.45= .90
.60= 1.00
.75= 1.00

Albertson's accepts competitor coupons; most will let you "stack" a comp cpn with a mnf cpn, although there are a few cases where an unknowing cashier won't allow it. Albertsons rain checks have no expiration date.

Walgreens and CVS are the main pharmacies here. Eckerd here was just purchased by CVS. No RiteAid that I've seen.

Frys, Bashas and Safeway have a policy of 3 LIKE COUPONS per transaction, although some cashiers let more through. They are very strict with it during any tripling or double-dollar days.

These four grocery stores do accept internet printed coupons (except if it's a coupon for a FREE product), unless a specific store mgr has refused them for his store.

Walmart of course price-matches and accepts mfg coupons.

We are VERY blessed in AZ to have daily doubles and we try to work with the system for everyone's benefit.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:06 AM
PYP Allstar

CVS rainchecks have no expiration date.

CVS also accepts competitor Rx coupons (ie Free $$ giftcard with new or transferred prescription).
Old 01-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Fry's coupon policy

Anyone know how many coupons Fry's will take? I'm wondering about $1 off coupons. Since they don't double will they limit the amount of same coupons that I want to use in one trasaction? Make sense?
Old 01-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

My experience has been that since the coupon is not being doubled, you can use many in one transaction. BUT.....PAY ATTENTION to the sale item. Often there is a limit per transaction, so watch out for that.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:01 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Internet Coupons

I was wondering if internet coupons get doubled also?
Old 01-28-2005, 09:05 AM
PYP Allstar

Default Re: Internet Coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by debromeit
I was wondering if internet coupons get doubled also?
Welcome debromeit!

Yes, internet coupons can be doubled as long as they don't state "Do Not Double" (DND) on them. And if they do state DND and the bar code begins with a "5", sometimes they will still double, I believe they have to be overrided by the cashier to not double(?) They will not double if it begins with a "9" though.

HTH
Old 02-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

General Rule:- If a coupon barcode starts with a
"5", it will double (up to the store limits above. If a coupon starts with a "9", it will not double.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Limit on Like Kind Coupons at Walmart?

What is coupon limit at Walmart (identical coupons for identical items)? For example, it is 3 at Safeway.

Thank you.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:38 PM
PYP Allstar

Sprouts, Trader Joe's and Sunflower Market accept manufacturer's coupons at face value.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:19 PM
PYP Allstar

Default Re: Limit on Like Kind Coupons at Walmart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCoupon
What is coupon limit at Walmart (identical coupons for identical items)? For example, it is 3 at Safeway.

Thank you.
I am not positive as I don't shop at Walmart, but my guess is that they don't have a limit of like coupons like some of the grocery stores. I think the main reason why the grocery stores usually have them is because they are doubling/tripling the coupon and therefore don't get reimbursed that portion, so they try to limit the amount you can use?

I would suggest asking the customer service at the Walmart that you shop at about their couponing policy, because all locations could even have different policies.

HTH