Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Penny for your Thoughts

Old 07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default Trial size vs travel size

Ok, I come up against this delimma often enough that I'd like some other opinions.

What is the difference between trial and travel sizes? Are they the same thing? When a coupon excludes trial is it really meaning the travel size? For example when you have a baby and get the free samples at the hospital they are in tiny bottles usually less than an ounce but in the travel section they are generally about 2 oz I think. Another example is medicines. Target (and I'm sure other places) have the .99 packages with 8 or so pills in them generally in a small bottle. I take those to be travel size and the blister packs to be trial sizes where you only get 1 or 2 doses in a pack. What are everyones opinions?

Part of the reason I am asking is about the current Kmart coupon that gives you a $10 gift card when you buy batteries and 2 P&G items. There is a body spray that is .99 and a bar of soap for .69 in the travel section that are participating brands. On the coupon it says not good on trial sizes. So are they travel or trial sizes? What do you guys think?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

I have always just thought that they were the same thing. Travel=Trial.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I think travel size is larger than trial size. Trial size is usually only good for 1 or 2 uses, but travel size is a few more.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Wow good question Tas I have never really hought about it i just assumed the same as tressa travel=trial, but now that you have pointed it out, and got me thinkin'....... are they???
Old 07-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I clarified this with a mfr (P&G) as to what they mean by "exclude trial size" in their coupons and was told that these are the 60 oz or less size bottles, which I understand are the sample trial sizes they also send in the mail.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear
I clarified this with a mfr (P&G) as to what they mean by "exclude trial size" in their coupons and was told that these are the 60 oz or less size bottles, which I understand are the sample trial sizes they also send in the mail.
Do you mean 6 oz or less?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyg
Do you mean 6 oz or less?
good catch, I meant 60 ml NOT oz and I checked the Pantene samples they sent previously and compared it with the small bottles of Pantenes at Walgreens, they are both 50 ml (1.7 fl oz).