Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

I was talking to the PTA pres. tonight to give her a heads up about the upcoming box top sale and she mentioned they don't have anyone in charge.. would I want to do it. LOL Now I know why they only average $500 a year. I already sent someone a PM but thought I'd just post on here as well. I have about a million questions...

For those that are in charge or are familiar with your child's school, would you mind sharing just how much time it takes to do this? How often do you collect them? Does each class have a container or is there just a main one up front? I have no idea what my DD's school has right now.

Do you do a big flier before a sale announcing it? I think Shelley has posted that she has something already done up.. Or is it just a little blurb in a newsletter (her school currently offers something usually on Fridays w/ the upcoming weeks items). Are you in charge of doing copies and giving them to the teachers?

Do you set up a table at your closest Albertsons asking for donations to your school? Does the store have the table or do you need to provide all of it? Do you collect them every night? I have never seen one at either Albertsons by me.

Do you do any contests? How often do you hold them? How are the prizes funded?

Whew.. I think that's all the questions I have for now. LOL I really do appreciate any information you have to share!
and a pretty toddler princess
Old 09-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Oops.. box tops aren't coming up, it's the soup labels, huh. LOL DUH.

I'm still interested in doing this though and would really appreciate having questions answered. Thanks!
and a pretty toddler princess
Old 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Penny Pincher

Default ? on Box Tops, Soup Labels & Milk Tops

Ok, I was just wondering if there was a limit that the companies would give out either per school, per district, per state etc. I know that with Yoplait Yogurt when they do the pink tops you can send in it specifies that they will donate up to a certain amount for each top sent in. Does anyone know if that is how these programs work as well or will they pay for as much as they get turned in?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Box Tops

With the Box Tops for Education program, each school has the opportunity of earning up to $20,000/per year, CASH, just by clipping box tops. There is another portion to the program where each school has an opportunity to earn an additional $20,000/per year, CASH, by shopping different merchants thru the box tops website. Box tops is DEFINATELY a worthwhile program!!
Old 09-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel
The amount they are showing is for this coming school year. Boxtops for education issues checks to the school, twice a year. It will show this amount until the next check is issues in December. (the coordinator must ship the boxtops on/or before Halloween to receive this check)
Can someone explain to me how this affects the expiration date? I don't have any kids in school yet so even though I cut out BTFE I haven''t turned any in yet. A few weeks back, I found my bonus boxtops from last year that I totally forgot about. They expired 9-12-07. So when I found them I only had about 3 days. Does that expiration mean the school had to have them sent in before that date, or the individual just had to turn them into the school by then? I thought I remembered hearing that BTFE was pretty strict about expiration dates and stuff.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying.... "I will try again tomorrow." ~Mary Anne Radmacher
Old 09-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default Expired BTFE

We are not allowed to send in expired BTFE. They can be sent if they are postmarked by the expiration date, but otherwise no. It breaks my heart to throw away Box Tops...sometimes 50 at a time....because they are expired. I recently received a Box Top that had an expiration date of 1983! I am going to frame that one! GM does random checks of the Box Top submissions. If they find too many expireds in the submissions they will deduct the dolllar amount from the schools check.

We made over $2600.00 last year on Box Tops alone! We also made $$ on Tyson A+ panels and Cream 'o Weber milk lids ( We have over 3000 lids to submit already this year!).

We also won 1,000,000 Campbell's points last year! Our library now has 10 new DELL computers for the students to take AR tests on! Enter any and all Sweepstakes!

All the deals on PYP and early information from PYP has made the difference for us! I can get notes out to parents and many have joined PYP.

Darlene P.
Box Top Coordinator
Antelope Elementary School

Full of PYP deals!