Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 08-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Unhappy Cheapest Place to have a tooth pulled!!!!

I'm dying!!!! I need to have a wisdom tooth pulled ASAP before I seriously do it myself HAHA!

I don't have dental insurance until end of september and I know my mouth, head & eyes (all of which kill because of the tooth) won't last that long.

SO I'm looking the Cheapest yet safest, & cleanest place to get the tooth ripped from my head so I can feel better!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Not sure about specific doctors, but I know that some doctors/dentists will give you a lower rate if you say you don't have insurance, but will pay cash the day of the procedure. It saves them money because they don't have to go through the billing route. You could call around a few places and see what they say.

Good luck and hang in there. I'm sure you don't feel so hot right now.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:00 AM

That is true about calling and asking about charging less for paying upfront without insurance. Where do you live? If you live in the Ogden area PM me and I can give you some DR's names that I have worked with.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:33 AM

I know that the University of Utah dental centers offer a discount to those without insurance. From what I remember it was a 10% discount at University Hospital and then a 30% discount at their clinic in Midvale. I think the name is the Greenwood Clinic. Anyway, the dentists are all dental school graduates who are completing a residency.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:40 PM

I hear you on that one. We checked into have a tooth pulled for my DS, it was so expensive without insurance.

DH said if we didn't have the coverage for it that it would have actually been cheaper (and more fun) to fly back home to Fiji and have the tooth pulled there. And flying to Fiji isn't cheap, for sure.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

I have heard of a place called WTO (Wisdom Teeth Only) that pulls them. I use to know someone who worked there. I can't remember if they have a study you can join and get them pulled free or not, but their number is: (801) 370-0050.

Good Luck!

I just found this old thread...maybe it's still good???

http://pinchingyourpennies.com/forum...ad.php?t=37112
Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

Call Scirex, their phone number is 801-266-8900. They are in Midvale I think. They do investigational studies for pain medication. They will sometimes even pay you for doing the study.

I work PT for a research company in Bountiful and for people that don't have insurance it is the best way too go!! We don't have any wisdom teeth studies going on but I am pretty sure Scirex does all the time!!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherriwj
Call Scirex, their phone number is 801-266-8900. They are in Midvale I think. They do investigational studies for pain medication. They will sometimes even pay you for doing the study.

I work PT for a research company in Bountiful and for people that don't have insurance it is the best way too go!! We don't have any wisdom teeth studies going on but I am pretty sure Scirex does all the time!!
You are in luck!
http://www.premier-research.com/eng_...dom_Teeth.aspx
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Try calling CRA (Clinical Research Associates) in Provo. I believe they are still first & foremost in the dental industry down here (if you're in Utah Co., that is), & they have apprentices/students doing dental work all the time for next to nothing!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Sweet! Thank you for all the suggestions! I'm sick of popping tylenol and using Orajel that stuff just tastes nasty!

I can't believe a tooth can make your whole head and eyes hurt so bad!
I'm gonna check out the research thing