Gift Ideas ~ over 300 tags, poems, sayings and ideas
Gifts for neighbor/teacher/friend/ co-worker
(spend very little money ~ use coupons, watch for sales & promo deals)
Extension cords (you can get them for $.98 at Biglots or maybe even cheaper) tag says: "This is an extension of our love for you this holiday season!"
Wash cloth and a hand towel wrapped in a bow with the saying "we wanted to get you something BIG this year, so heres a washer and dryer!"
Box of tissue. Tag says: We "tissue" a Merry Christmas!
Cooks & Grilling
Barbeque utensils (skewer, spatula and tongs) Cattleman's barbeque sauce with some cheap Barq's rootbeer. Grilling Tools & Weather related items: gloves, hat, etc. Saying: Weather your "grillin" or "chillin" we hope you have a happy holiday.
Package of Lawry's seasoning and put tag that says: "Season's Greetings" Or you could also use "Season's Eatings"!!
Air Freshners / Candles / Perfumes
Glade spray and a tag that states: "Have a "scentsational" Holiday Season." Or you could say "I hope your holiday season doesn't Stink!"
From Teacher - give your team and to parent helpers. Tag says: "I'm Glade you could come help us this year, you helped our school year not stink!"
Razors / Health & Beauty items
Razors for Men. Tag says: "St. Nick" or not!!!
Razor and bandaids: gift bags with a razor, lotion, softwash baby soap, and maybe a towel. Include a card with a few bandaids. Saying "May your holidays go smoothly" & "this is just in case old saint nick catches up with you".
Popcorn / Pretzels/ Chips / Junk Food/ Pop/ Candy
Jolly Time Mallow Magic popcorn with this note on them:
"Hope you have a 'jolly time' this holiday season."
Chips w/salsa - Spice up your holiday and have a .......
popcorn & pop - Just "popping" by to wish you a Sparkling holiday season!
Bugles snacks: Sound the "Bugles", toot the horn, throw the streamers, confetti and more! Celebrate the brand new year and may it be filled with lots of cheer!!
Give a 2Liter of Barqs Root Beer ... with a tag saying "Root"ing for you to have a Happy Holiday Season and a Wonderful New Year!!
"PoP" or even "Popcorn" and a tag that says, "Just Popping by to wish you Happy Holidays!"
Sprite - May your Christmas be Merry & Sprite!
Rootbeer - We are rooting for you to have a Merry Christmas...
mints - Neighbors like you are worth a "Mint".
Cheese -Don't mean to sound "cheesy" we just hope you have a Merry Christmas
soda - I'd "Soda" like to wish you a happy holiday
"Pop-Pop-Fizz-Fizz oh what a good friend you is"
Nestle candy bars tag says:
When the children are "Nestled" all snug in their beds
Here's a bit of chocolate to clear your head
Your not the only one Who will have a long night
So leave this "powerade" for Santa to speed his flight!
Flipz Yogurt covered pretzels in containers -
We could "knot" let this holiday go by without telling you we would "flipz" without you......
Flipz pretzels tag says:
xmas wishes have you all tied up in knots
here's a treat to cheer you lots and lots.
in case mr. grinch
has left you in a pinch
and cleaned your cupboards bare
i brought some soup to share
I love christmas time, but now it's dinnertime!
Heres some soup to fill your plate, so you can stay out shopping really late.
or it could be (up wrapping really late).
box of cereal with a bow on top with this cute saying:
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.
The night was half over but the work had just begun,
when Santa loudly proclaimed, "You call this fun?"
Now dawn had arrived everyone's wide awake,
except for mom & dad for goodness sake!
"Is breakfast ready? Let's get on with the gifts!"
But the parents are too tired, they need a lift.
So here is your breakfast, provided by us-
enjoy this Christmas morning without any fuss!
More in next post >>>>
Baking Mixes/ Breads/ or Ingredients
However the "Chips" may fall, we wish you a Merry Christmas all in all!! (Chocolate chip cookies)
"when it comes to great employees , you take the cake"..
Muffin mix with a bow and say......."You're gettin' muffin for christmas!"
Betty Crocker Warm Delights - Tag : "Wishing you Warm Winter Wishes"
Dessert mix: "Whip up this mix for a wonderful holiday fix! Wishing you a rich holiday season."
BREAD AND JAM :
Any way you "slice" it, You're "sweet" neighbors! Love, .......
Loaf of bread: "For being there when you were "kneaded", for "rising" to the occasion, large or small. For never "loafing" on the job, for helping others "heel" with TLC. No matter how you "slice" it, you do a terrific job loving others."
Here's the latest scoop...you are the best ____________ (neighbor, teacher, friend) around!
Wishing you a "cool" yule!!!
Friendship is forever, because love doesn't melt.
Happy "Freezin" season!
Cookies or Crackers
Baked a plate of cookies to share with you this year.
I thought it would be a good way to spread the Christmas cheer.
They all looked really tasty so I thought I's try just one,
And the next thing you knew on that plate there were none!
So here's our Christmas greeting, a cookie sheet and mix too...
So you can make some cookies and maybe share a few.
""Rolling out a batch of Christmas Cheer, for Someone we think is very dear!!" Bagged cookies that you actually make then take to your neighbor . Throw it in a cute basket (.25 at Deseret Industries) with some cookie cutters (if it is the sugar cookie mix).
Cookie mix in an oven mit and tie a wooden spoon on with a fancy ribbon. Put a tag on it that says I "adMIT" you're a great neighbor/friend.
Betty Crocker cookie mix or 2 for a large family. Now, you could get even sneakier and dump the mixes in a canning jar, type of the recipe found on the back of the box, label the cookies with some cutesy name, tie a ribbon around the lid.
Homemade cookies would be so fine, but these are so much better than mine!! Merrry Christmas!!
Cookie mix stuffed in a cute Christmas oven mit with this little poem:
If you find yourself on Christmas Eve's chill,
With no Christmas cookies for Santa's fill,
Don't make them from scratch,
Just whip up a batch,
On us, direct from our mill!
BC cookie mixes (which should be delivered on Christmas Eve):
When Santa comes on Christmas Eve,
He likes to have a treat.
Usually something fattening
And always something sweet.
So while you're getting ready
For the big event tonight
Bake up a batch for Santa
And he will treat you right!
(Keebler elf products) "Elf made" just for you and yours!! Yummy holiday greetings!!
cookie mix :
"Hope you enjoy this cookie mix,
To fill that need for a holiday fix.
Bake a batch and be aware
This treat is better than I'd prepare!"
Bags of cookie mix:
Christmas is now upon us,
And we are really beat!
So here's a bag of cookies,
You make your own darn treat!
Keebler crackers - "Hoping you don't crack with all the stress around the holidays! Merry Christmas!"
Pepperidge Farm Fish crackers- We "Fish" you a "snack-tacular" Christmas!!
Paper Products or Office Supplies/ Post It's
Buy this gift when wrapping paper is 75% off or more after Christmas for the next year. Get some cute ones and put a little bow and message on it saying, Hope your Holidays are all "wrapped" up.
Wrapping paper- "wrap your holidays in Christmas cheer, now hopefully you won't run out this year"
Beautiful roll of wrapping paper with this poem:
You've been shopping
Now is late
You're in a scrape
Out of paper
Out of tape
Hope this wrap
Helps save the day
Have a happy holiday.
"Night After Christmas poem"
courtesy of Nemo!
give this with a bag of noodles, a can of tuna, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a box of pepcid AC
‘Twas the night after Christmas, when all through the house.
All The creatures were stirring, and bugging my spouse.
The stockings were strewn through the house without care.
As if some great maid service soon would be there.
And Dad in his sweatpants, and me without makeup.
Had just started struggling to get the mess cleaned up
When up from the basement arose such a clatter.
We knew in an instant what must be the matter.
Away to the kitchen I flew like a flash.
Tore open my wallet and searched for some cash.
The children were hungry, I could not deny it.
But you can’t order pizza unless you can buy it.
I stood there and panicked alone in that room.
Certain that soon I would face my own doom.
When what to my wandering eyes should appear.
But ingredients for dinner and all of it here!
A nice tuna casserole, simple to make.
Just toss it together, heat the oven and bake.
I’ll admit it’s not fancy, some might say cheesy.
But after the holidays I need something easy.
We fed all the children , sent them straight to there beds.
Thankful at last for some rest for our heads.
Then I tried to lay down, something just wasn’t right.
My gut was distended , my clothes felt too tight.
So back to the kitchen I dragged my behind.
Took some Pepcid AC and soon I felt fine.
Just "Popped" over to let you know , what a delight your are as a friend.
WISHING YOU A "SOUPER" HOLIDAY SEASON.
REMEMBER SANTA "CHEX" HIS LIST TWICE TO SEE WHO IS NAUGHTY OR NICE....SO BE GOOD FOR GOODNESS SAKE. MERRY CHRISTMAS
YOUR FRIENDSHIP HAS WARMED US THE WHOLE YEAR THROUGH WE HOPE THIS HOT CHOCOLATE WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU.
i'D "SODA" LIKE TO WISH YOU A mERRY CHRISTMAS!!
IF CHRISTMAS MORNING. YOUR IN A REAL FIX, JUST TAKE THIS BOX OF MUFFIN MIX. AT 350 SET THE OVEN AND IN A FEW MINUTES THE SMELL YOU'LL BE LOVIN. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
"SEASONED" WITH LOVE!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
WISHING YOU A SEASON FILLED WITH SWEETNESS!!
BY GUM, YOU'RE A GREAT NEIGHBOR. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
HERE'S A LITTLE EXTRA "DOUGH" FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON.
Sorry if there are repeats.....
1. M&M's - "Have a Merry and Most wonderful Holiday Season!!"
2. Soup or soup mix - Wishing you a "Souper" Holiday Season!!
3. Frozen or ready to bake pizza - "Warm up to a wonderful Holiday Season "Topped" with Christmas cheer!"
4. Apples and Hershey's Hugs - A teacher can't live by apples alone...She needs "Hugs" too!!
5. Popcorn Balls - Hoping you have a "Ball" this Holiday Season!
6. Loaf of Bread - For being there when you were "Kneaded", for "Rising" to the occasion, large or small. For never "Loafing" on the job, for helping others to "Heel" with TLC. No matter how you "Slice it", you do a terrific job loving Others. Merry Christmas!!
7. Jolly Ranchers - Have a Holly"Jolly" Christmas!!
8. Rootbeer - We're "Root"ing for you to have a Happy Holiday Season and a Wonderful New Year!!
9. Chex Party Mix - Remember Santa "Chex" his list twice to see who's been naughty or nice...so be good for goodness sake!! Merry Christmas!!
10. Box of Hostess Ho-Ho's - Hope a merry "HO - HO - H0" fills your heart the whole year through! (Put a Santa sticker on the label)
11. Wire wisk - (Filled with Chocolate kisses) "We WHISK you a Merry KISSmas!!"
12. Jar of Jelly - jelly is like love - you can't spread it around without getting some on yourself! Merry Christmas!!
13. Christmas Tray - We "Tray"sure your friendship! Merry Christmas!!
14. Bell - With each chime of this festive bell, may a Christmas wish come true. And bring you peace and happiness to last the whole year through! Merry Christmas!
15. Yule Log - "We send you warm greetings this Christmas Season!!"
16. Potpourri - "May this sweet scent bring back thoughts of warm Christmases long ago!" Merry Christmas!
17. Cleaners - "You add sparkle and make our life brighter!" Merry Christmas!
18. Nuts - "We're nuts about you!" Merry Christmas!
19 Lifesavers - " You've been a life saver!" Have a great Christmas!
20. A juice pitcher filled with candy canes- "We pitcher you raising a little "cane" during the holidays!" Have a merry Christmas!!
21. Broom - You're "Dust" the finest neighbors we know! Merry Christmas!
22. Paper Towels - "Blot out your troubles; absorb the Christmas Spirit!"
23. Measuring Cup or Glass Measure - "Wishing you Joy Beyond Measure!
24. Bananas - If we could choose our friends, and we searched the whole world through, we'd go bananas trying to find a better bunch than you!!"
25. Any Star ornament - "Remember the reason for the season!"
26. Chocolate Mousse Mix - "Merry Christmousse" to our "Deer" Friends!
27. Wooden spoon - Whether stirring up cakes, cookies, soups or soufflés; You'll find this spoon useful in so many ways. But whatever it's use, it says, "Merry Merry Christmas from us to you!"
28. Flower - "If friends were flowers, we'd pick you! Happy Holidays!! Or "You make friendship bloom all year round!"
29. Heart Christmas Ornament - "May the Joy and Love you give away, come back to you on Christmas day!"
30. Cinnamon Sprinkles - (Cinnamon & Sugar, or cookie sprinkles) "May your Christmas be sprinkled with laughter and love!" Merry Christmas!
31. Hersheys Hugs - "A friend always knows when you need a little hug!"
32. Christmas music..CD or Tape - "May the sweet song of Christmas make your heart rejoice!" Or "May the merry sounds of Christmas bring a Joyful Melody to your holiday season" Merry Christmas!!
33. Filled Basket - "Wishing you a basket full of Christmas blessings"
34. Salsa - "Add a little Spice to your Holidays!" Merry Christmas!
35. Stocking or filled Jar - "Have a fun filled Christmas this year!"
36. Lamb - "Have "eweself" a Merry little Christmas!!"
37. Candle - "May your days be happy, your heart be light, your Christmas merry and the New Year Bright!!
38. Holly - "Happy Hollydays!"
39. Calendar - "Keep Christmas in your heart the whole year through!"
40. Shaped Sugar Cookies - "Rolling out a batch of Christmas Cheer, for Someone we think is very dear!!"
41. Cherry 7-up - "Just a Little Christmas Cheer from Happy Hearts this time of year!! Merry Christmas!!"
42. Sparkling Cider - "Wishing you a Sparkling Holiday Season!"
43. Warm Casserole or Bread - "Bundled up with warm wishes!!"
44. Popcorn or Carmel Corn - "Just "Popping" by with a Holiday Hi!" Or "May your Holidays be Poppin'!"
45. Seasoning Mix - "Seasoned with Love" Merry Christmas!!
46. Eggbeater - "Have an "Eggstra" Special Holiday!!"
47. Hersheys Hugs and Kisses - "Christmas Hugs and Kisses to You " Or "Holiday Hugs and Kisses to you!"
48. Apple Pie of Apple Crisp - "Wishing you a Scrumptious Christmas!"
49. Fruit Basket - "May your New Year be Festive and Fruitful!!"
50. Any Sweet Treat - "Wishing you a season filled with sweetness!"
51. Oranges - " Orange" you glad we're Friends!?" Merry Christmas!!
52. Chocolate Orange - "Orange" you glad it's Christmas? Hope your Christmas is a Sweet one!
53. Sprite - " May your Christmas be Merry and Sprite!" 54. Ice Cream Snowballs and Hot Fudge - " Here's some packaged" snowball" treats - Just Drizzle Hot Fudge and its ready to eat!... Enjoy!!"
55. Snicker Bar - "Don't "Snicker", just be glad you got Something!!"
56. Mints - "Friends like you are worth a Mint!!" Merry Christmas!!
57. Matches - "No one Matches you as neighbors!" Merry Christmas!
58. Strainer - (With a christmas bow) " We couldn't restrain ourselves from wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!"
59. Box of Light Bulbs - "Have a bright and radiant Christmas"
60. Bubble Gum or Bubble Bath - "May your holidays "Bubble" over with fun!!
61 Pencil and Notepad - "Merry Christmas from our pad to yours!!"or Merry Christmas to a "noteworthy" friend!"
62. Jar of Pickles - "Just in brine, Our wish for a merry Christmas!!"
63. Grater and Cheese - " To a Grate Neighbor! Merry Christmas!"
64. Ice Cream - "Have a "Cool" Yule!!"
65. Bear shaped Honey - "Have a Bear Sweet Christmas!!"
66. Santa - "Ho - Ho - Hoping your Christmas is Heavenly!"
67. Angel - "Hoping you have a Heavenly Christmas!!"
68. Eggnog - " Have an "Udderly Moovalous" Christmas!!"
69. Gingerbread House - "Nibble, Nibble like a mouse, We hope you'll nibble at this house!" Merry Christmas!!
70. Mugs with Hot Chocolate Mix - "To our special friends who are so Dear, We wish you all a cup of Cheer!" (One Mug would be a special gift for a Teacher. "To a Special Teacher dear, wishing you a "Cup of Cheer"!"
71. Cocoa Mix - "Wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas!"
72. Muffins or Muffin mix - " You're getting "Muffin" for Christmas!!"
73. Gum - "By Gum, You're a great Neighbor!! "Have a Merry Christmas"
74. Veggies and Dip - "Dip into a wonderful Holiday season and a Healthy New Year!"
75. Christmas Shaped pasta - ( Or any Pasta and a bottle of Sauce ) "Have a Pasta-tively Happy Holiday!"
76. Jar of Jam - "Hoping you have a Holiday "Jammed" packed with fun!!" "Have a "Berry" nice holiday season!!" Or "Hoping your Christmas is "Jam-packed" with Christmas Cheer!!"
77. Cookie Dough - "Here's a little extra "Dough" for Christmas!Or "Everyone Needs a little extra "Dough" for Christmas!!"
78. Homemade Frozen Rolls - "Here's a little holiday treat. Rise and bake, it can't be beat! Warm fresh rolls just for you. Top with butter that's all you do! Warm Holiday Greetings to you"
79. Brownie Mix - (Or any Mix) "Whip up this mix for a wonderful holiday fix! Wishing you a "rich" Holiday Season!!" (Be sure to attach the recipe!)
80. Homemade carmels - Hoping you have a "Rich" and "wonderful" Holiday!!"
81. Pie - "Just a "Holiday Hi" and a tasty Pie!! Happy Holidays!!"
82. Divinity - "May your Christmas be "Divine" and your Holidays so Fine! Sweet Christmas Wishes!"
83. Rice Krispie Treats - "Snap, Crackle, Pop" We think You're really Tops! "
84. Toffee or Brittle - "Any way you break it, We think you're the greatest!"
85. Fudge - "Fudge" a little on the calories and enjoy the Holiday Season!"
86. Cheese Ball and Crackers - "We don't mean to sound "Cheesy", we just hope you have a "Ball" this Holiday Season! Or "Spread a little Christmas Cheer this Holiday Season!"
87. Apple Anything - (Pie, Cobbler, crisp, muffins etc.) "Sending you a "Bushel" of love this holiday Season!!" Or " You are the apple of my eye, Teacher!"
88. Banana Bread - "Banana Bread just for you, because you have so much to do... We also love you a whole "Bunch" too! Merry Christmas!"
89. Cinnamon Rolls - "Here's a sweet treat "Rolled" up with warm Holiday Wishes! Merry Christmas!"
90. Homemade Chocolates - " You're so Sweet...having you as neighbors is really a treat! Have a Heavenly Holiday Season!"
91. Cake or Cupcakes - "You take the "Cake" neighbor, We think you're first rate! Happy Holidays to you!!"
92. Cornbread or Mix - "We're not trying to be "Corny" we just want you to have Merry Christmas!"
93. Carrot Cake - " I Really "Carrot" a lot about you!! Merry Christmas"
94. Spiced Drink Mixes - " Hoping your Holidays are "Spiced" Just right!"
95. Homemade Ice cream of a Frozen Treat - "Here's the Scoop,,,,Hoping your Holidays are a "Blizzard" of fun!"
96. Recipe - "Just like you friend...it's tried and true, just for you! Happy Holiday Baking or Merry Christmas Cooking!"
97. Pizza - "Hope your Holiday has a touch of "Pizza - z!!" Merry Christmas!!"
98. Candle - "You Light up my Life!" Thanks for your friendship! May your Christmas be Merry and Bright!"
99. Crayons and Coloring Book - Hope your Holidays are Colorful!
100. Plant - " The kindness you show makes our friendship grow and grow! Hope you have a Happy Holiday!!"
101. Soda Pop - "I'd "Soda" like to wish you a merry Christmas!
102. Stuffed animal - (Beanie Baby) "Pawsing" to wish you a Merry Christmas!"
103. Donuts - "Donut" you know we love you??? Have a happy Holiday
and more still coming.........
B]Here are some other ones:[/B]
1. Any sweet treat: Wishing you a season (or day) filled with sweetness! or A sweet treat for a sweet friend!
2. A plate of cookies: Wishing your ____________ from your "yummy neighbors.
3. Barq's Root Beer: Wishing you a wonderful ____________, it shows you're "barqing up the right tree".
4. Any soda: "We're "soda-lighted" to wish you _______________. or "We're "soda-lighted" to get to know you better. Or We're "soda-lighted" for have you for a friend"
5. Popcorn: "We just popped by" to see how you are .
6. Loaf of bread: "For being there when you were "kneaded", for "rising" to the occasion, large or small. Or "For never"loafing" on the job for helping others "heel" with TLC. Not matter how you "slice" it, you do a terrific job loving others."
7. Bananas: "If we could choose our friends, and we searched the whole world through, we'd go "bananas" trying to find a better "bunch " than you!
8. Bear Shaped Honey: "Hoping our "honey " of a friend has a "beary" ___________________
Or "You are Beary Special"
9. Microwave Popcorn and 2-liter of soads: "Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a good friend you is!"
10.Mug with Hot chocolate Mix: "Just sending a chocolate hug in a mug"
11.Eggnog: "Have an "udderly Moovalous Holiday!" Or a gallon of milk saying Have an udderly moovalous day! ( Everyone could use an extra gallon of milk)
12. Ice Cream: "Eat the Ice Cream instead of scream hope your week goes better"
13. Hershey's Kisses in a wire wisk: "We whisk" you a merry "kiss"mas.
14. Paper Towels: "Blot out your troubles, "absorb' the Christmas spirit"
15. Candle: "Hope your Christmas is full of the light of Christ" Or May the light of Christ be with you always.
16. Pencil and notepad: "Hope your Christmas is something to write home about!" Or just a note of Thanks!
17.Matches: "To our matchless friends"
18. Bubble Gum or Bubble Bath: "May your holidays "bubble" over with fun!" Or "You have a bubbling personality".
19. 7UP: "7 UP ideas for a wonderful holiday season": Or 7 UP thoughts for a good week. (include 7 uplifting thoughts/ideas
20. Sprite: "May your Christmas be Merry and Sprite!"
21. Rootbeer: "We're "rooting" for you."
22. Popcorn: "We're "popping"by just to say Hi"!
23. Mints: "We "mint" to wish you a Merry Christmas" Or "That "mint" so much Thank you"
24. Snickers Candy Bar: "Don't snicker" - just be glad you got something.
25. Cookie Dough- "Here's a little extra "dough" for Christmas" Or "Your a smart Cookie Thanks"
26. Jar of Jam: "Hoping your Christmas is "jam" packed with cheer"
27. Veggies & Dip: Dip into the holidays and a healthy New Year!" Or Dip into the Visiting teaching message.
28. Pasta: Have a "pasta-tively" happy holiday!" Or how about pasta and spaghetti sauce and a note "Have a pasta-tively easy dinner night".
29. Muffins or Muffin Mix "your gettin' "muffin" for Christmas!"
30. Grater & Cheese: "To a "grate" neighbor"
31. Seasoning Mix: "Seasoned with love-Happy Holidays"
32. Any Sweet Treat: "Wishing you a season full of sweetness!" Or "Wishing you a day full of sweetness"
33. Whisk Broom: "Take a break, From a Busy Day, and Sweep all Your cares Away!"
34. Basket of Bath Items: "When you feel like a basket case, take a break...and slow your pace"
35. Basket of Rolls and Honey Bear: "Have a honey of a Day" (Christmas, Easter ect.)
36. Hershey's Hugs: "Just a hug when you need it"
37.Bath oils, bubbles, salts: "So days can be a strain on our body and brain, so when you feel stressed, a hot bath is best, it truly will help keep you sane!"
38. Soup mix: 'You're souper'
39. Wooden spoon w/favorite drink or baking mix: "Not a creature was "stirring"...
40. Oven Mitt filled w/treats: "We have to ad-"mitt" you're a great neighbor!" (Friend, Visiting Teacher, Home Teacher, etc.)
41. Apple Cider w/wassail mix: "Spice up Your Christmas!" Or "Spice up a cold winter day"
42. Bag/Box of Whoppers: "Hope you have a "whopper" of a Christmas" (Birthday, Valentines day etc.)
43. M&M's: Have a Merry and Most Wonderful Holiday Season!
44. Frozen or Ready-to-eat pizza: "Warm up to a wonderful holiday season "topped" with Christmas cheer. Or Your the Topps! Or You have Pizza-z!
45. Apples and Hershey's hugs: A teacher can't live by apples alone...she needs hugs too!
46. Popcorn Balls: "Hope you have a ball"
47. Jolly Ranchers: "Have a Holly "Jolly" Christmas Or Have a "Jolly" day!
48. Chex Party Mix: Remember Santa "chex" his list twice to see who's been nighty or nice...so be good for goodness sake!
49. Tray of goodies: "We tray-sure your friendship"
50. Bell: "With each chime of this festive ll, may a Christmas wish cometrue, and bring you peace and happiness to last the whole year through!"
51. Potpourri: "May this sweet scent bring back thoughts of warm Christmases long ago!"
52. Cleaners: "You add sparkle and make our life brighter!"
53. Nuts: "We're nuts aabout you!"
54. Lifesaveres: "You've been a life saver!"
55. Juice pitcher filled with candy canes: "We pitcher you raising a little "cane" during the
holidays". Or a pitcher with Koolaid "Thanks for being a Kool-aid when things were tough"
56. Broom or Feather Duster: "You're "dust" the finest neighbors we know!"
57. Measuring cup or spoons: "Wishing you a joy beyond "measure!"
58. Star ornament: "Remember the reason for the season!"
59. Chocolate Mousse Mix: "Merry Christmousse to our "deer" friends!"
60. Wooden Spoon: "Whether stirring up cakes, cookies, soups or souffles: You'll find this spoon useful in so many ways.But what ever it's used for it says, "Merry Christmas from us to you!"
61. Flower: "If friends were flowers, we'd pick you!"
62. Heart Ornament: "May the joy and love you give away, come back to you on Christmas Day"
63. Cinnamon Sugar for toast: "May your Christmas be sprinkeled with laughter and love!"
64. Christmas music or church music: "May the sweet son of Christmas (or the Spirt) make your heart rejoice!" Or May this music bring the spirit of Christ into your home.
65. Filled Basket: "Wishing you a basket full of blessings"
66. Salsa: "Add a little spice to your life"
67. Christmas stocking or Filled jar: "Have a fun filled Christmas this year" or "May your days be filled with joy"
68. Socks: "Your the pair I'd pick"
69. Candle: "May your days be happy, your heart be light, your Christmas merry and the New Year bright!
70. Calendar: "Keep Christ in your heart the whole year through!"
71. Sugar Cookies: "Rolling out a batch of cheer, for someone we think is very dear!"
72.Sparkling Cider: "Wishing you a sparkling holiday season!"
73. Warm casserole or bread: "Bundled up with warm wishes"
74. Eggbeater: "Have an "eggstra" special holiday" (or day)
75. Pie: "Wishing you a scrumbptious Holiday" or "No matter how you slice it your a great friend."
76. Oranges: "Orange" you glad we're friends!?" (Or chocolate orange)
77. Box of Light Bulbs: "Have a bright and radiant Cchristmas" Or "May the light of Christ be with you always"
78. Anything Santa: "HO-HO-Hoping your Christmas is heavenly!"
79. Anything Angel: "Hoping you have a Heavenly Christmas!" (Or week,day etc.) or "Thanks for being such an Angel!"
80. Ginger bread House: "Nibble, Nibble like a mouse, We hope you'll nibble at this house!" Merry Christmas!"
81. Mugs with hot Chocolate Mix: "To our special friends who are so Dear; We wish you all a cup of Cheer!"
82. Cocoa Mix: "Just something to keep you warm on thses cold winter day's"
83. Gum: "By Gum, You're a great Neighbor! (Friend, Leader, Teacher VT, HT etc.)
84. Christmas Shaped pasta: "Have a Pasta-tively Happy Holiday!"
85. Brownie Mix (or other mix): "Whip up this mix for awonderful holiday fix!
86. Homemade carmamels: "Hoping you have a "rich" and wonderful day!"
87. Pie: "Just a little hi and a tasty pie!"
88. Divinity: "May your Christmas be "Divine" and your holidays so fine!
89. Rice Krispie Treats: "Snap, Crackle, Pop We thing you're the tops!"
90. Toffee or Brittle: "Any way you break it, We think you're the greatest!"
91. Fudge: "Fudge" a little on the calories and enjoy a day off from your diet!"
92. Cheese Ball and Crackers: "We don't mean to sound "Cheesey", we just hope you have a "Ball" this Holiday Season! Or "Spreading" a little cheer"
93. Apple anything (Pie, cobbler, crisp, muffins): "Sending you a "Bushel" of love!
94. Banana Bread: "Banana Bread just for you, because you ahve so much to do...We also love you a whole "Bunch" too!
95. Cinnamon Rolls: "Here's a sweet treat "Rolled" up with warm wishes!"
96.Homemade Chocolates: "You're so sweet...having you as neighbors is really a treat!
97. Cake or Cupcakes: "You take the "Cake" neighbor, We think you're first rate"
98. Cornbread or Mix: "We're not trying to be "Corny" we just want you have a Merry Christmas!"
99. Carrot Cake: "I really "carrot" a lot about you!"
100. Spices (cinn. or Italian spice etc.): Jost a little something to put some spice in you're life."
101. Recipe: "Jist like you friend...it's tried and true, just for you! Happy Baking!
102. Crayons and coloring book: "May your days be colorful and filled with joy!"
103. Plant: "The kindness you show makes our friendship grow and grow!"
104. Stuffed animal: "Pawsing" to wish you a Merry Christmas!" or "Pawsing to just say Thank you"
105. Donuts: "Donut" you know we love you? Or "Donut" you know we are here for you".
106. Payday candy bar: "It's the "nutty" time of the year again, so please don't lose your cool! Relax, and munch this little treat and have a happy yule!"
107. Squeeze-it Juice drink& Hershey's Kiss: "Here's a "squeeze" and a "kiss", to remind you you're loved and missed."
108.Salsa & Tortilla Chips: "Have a hot and spicy ____________!"
109. Scouring pad/sponge: "I scoured the earth for a friend like you!"
110. A scrapbook starter kit: "Just a bundle of Thanks"
111. Gift certificates from a fast food place: "Lunch is on me" Or "Man can not live by bread alone."
112. Gift Certificates of your time: Make gift certificates that say things like: Good for one scrapbooking session-with my supplies!" Good for 2 hours of babysitting! etc.
113. A package of seeds: "Have the faith of a mustard seed" 114. Write a Poem and frame it.
115. Make a scrapbook page of pictures you may have.
116. A dishcloth "Thanks for the handy work" "Job well done"
117. A bar of soap with a not attached -- Just a little visit with you "washes" away the blues.
118. A spool of thread with a note attached--Friendship is the "thread" used to weave the material of life.
119. A small bunch of bananas: We just went "bananas" when we heard we were_________.
120. Cake with frosting: When it comes too special, you're the "icing" on the cake.
121. A rope with a knot in it: When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on we'll come runnin!
122. A package of mints: We really "mint" to tell you we love you!"
123.Caramel corn or popped popcorn: Just "popped by to wish you well!"
124. A sucker: A visit with you makes our life "sweeter".
125. An Apple: "You're such a polished person"
126. Nail polish: "Just to put a little color into your life"
127. Double your dinner and surprise someone with dinner.(They don't need to be sick to get a meal).
128. Share your flowers from your garden you can get cheep vases at a thrift warehouse or DI
129. A magnet with your name and phone number on it.(handy if they need anything)
130. Swedish fish: "Catch the Spirit"
131. Candle (nice fragrent one): "let your light shine!"
132. Sparklers: "I love to see your sparkling smile it makes me want to smile"
133. Gummy bears: "You're Beary Important"
134. A picture of a clown with a fireball candy glued to the nose : "No clawning around, we love being your __________________.
135. A Now & Later candy with "We thought It would be better to get our VT done Now than Later.
136. A tape measure with "By the yard it's hard, by the inch it's a cinch and together we can do it.
I'll edit this stuff later to fix mistakes or repeats.
Poems for All Occasions:
Spa Gift Basket
Here is a little baskets
filled with goodies galore
to make you feel pampered
that's what this gift is for
Many personal items
can be found within
Not only for my sister
but also for my twin
So enjoy these gifts I've gathered
together just for you
Sit back and relax
that's all you have to do
A Penny From Heaven
I found a penny today
Just lying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny,
This little coin I've found.
Found pennies come from heaven,
That's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss them down,
Oh, how I loved that story.
He said when an Angel misses you,
They toss a penny down.
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
To make a smile out of your frown.
So, don't pass by that penny,
When you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven,
That an Angel's tossed to you.
Daddy, take my hand in yours and you will plainly see,
How very much I need you now to love and care for me.
Then as my little hand grows, I will need you even more.
Everything I do in life, I have never done before.
Teach me to be kind and loving, sharing and forgiving.
Show me through your acts of love the pure joy of living.
The years will pass by quickly and one day I’ll be grown,
I will pass what you have taught me onto children of my own.
Keep these handprints with you and remember when we’re apart,
The special love that dwells between a child and Daddy's heart.
~ Author Unknown
The Christmas Elf has come to town,
To leave some goodies, I see you have found.
We hope you would like to spread more good cheer,
By continuing this greeting until Christmas is here.
Just make a few copies of the Elf and this poem,
Attach them to some goodies and deliver,
Shhhh!! Don*t let yourself be known.
Post your Elf upon your door
So those who continue to spread good cheer.
Will pass you by for someone as dear.
May the true meaning of Christmas ever be near.
They even have a .pdf file you can print out with a cute little elf.
Teacher from Student
The kid wrote a poem that ending out with "Thank you for teaching me s'more every day."
Big bag full of s'more stuff (graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallows, s'more granola bars, s'more cereal, etc.)
Teacher Gift from Parent Teacher Organization members
Poster for the teachers' lounge with the "candy poem" on it.
You use the actual candy to fill in the words.
Thank you teachers!
You are all Sweet Tarts for everything you teach our children.
You deserve 100 Grand every PayDay.
We know sometimes our kids act like Air Heads and Nerds
or like they're from somewhere beyond the MilkyWay. (Us parents, too!)
You bring such Almond Joy when you teach
about the Whatchmacallit and ignore their Whoppers.
It must be hard to contain your Snickers
when those little Sugar Babies tell you Mounds of stories.
Sometimes it must seem that all you do is Skor papers.
Most days you probably want to make like Baby Ruth and just run home.
Thanks teachers! You are the Riesen our kids are Smarties instead of Dum Dums.
You are the LifeSavers.
With Hugs and Kisses -- the PTO
Tag with baking instructions. The tag read "Thought you could use a little extra "dough" this holiday season".
Movie Basket Gift Idea
Gift tag made with folded cardstock and little popcorn glued to the front then put a bag of Popcorn, candy & DVD in it.
It said "Popped in to wish you a Merry Christmas".
1 cup glass measuring cup with red and green M & M's in it that said:
"Wishing you Joy beyond measure this holiday season...."
poem with some cookie dough:
Isn't Christmas delightful with presents and goodies galore?
But you might feel like you can't eat one gooey calorie more.
So just about New Years, when you are craving some sweets,
Remember you have cookie dough in the freezer and you're not far from a yummy hot treat!
Give a 5 full-size snickers bars with a tag saying: Don't snicker. At least you got something!
Secretary gave everyone a small clear baggie with:
2 AA batteries and a note saying "Gift not included."
Office Worker idea
brownie mix with the following poem:
Roses are Red
Violets are Sweet
I'm stressed out from shopping
So make your own darn treat!
White Elephant Gift idea
courtesy of WantToSave
"The hill-billy BRIEFcase"
I tried to figure out how to attach a picture but I couldn't get it to work. So here is what the BRIEFcase is.
Size HUGE men's underwear briefs (the width of the underwear are 24")
Covering the elastice are two pieces of wood and a hadle on top of those. Then the legs hole are sewn shut. So the only way into briefcase is through the only other hole in mens briefs. And here is the poem pinned on the underwear
"Congratulations!!! You are the proud new owner of
The Hill-Billy BRIEFcase.
The BRIEFcase is perfect for securing
private, confidential, or undercover goods.
With your BRIEFcase in use, co-workers
will respect the private nature of your holdings.
It is not recommened that you use the
BRIEFcase to keep food. Spills can often
I'm a flamingo--a long-legged beauty.
I'm not just an ornament, I have a duty.
This Family Home Evening I nest in your yard,
Accompanied by goodies, from the ___________ Ward.
Enjoy your goodies, keep me safe by and by,
And then, come next Monday, please help me to fly.
If you and your family will make some new treat
And take it (and me!) to a different street
And plant us both firmly on somebody's yard
(Making sure they are members of ____________ Ward),
Then you'll be a hero...you'll be helping spread cheer
Among young folks and old, in homes far and near.
Under the poem are these words: "If your family is unable to participate this week, enjoy your goodies anyway. Then please leave your flamingo at the bishop's or the ward clerks' office, and somebody will cheerfully send the flamingo on its merry way."
Man to Man Gift - mildly crude humor, but funny!
Having Trouble Inflating?
Here's something to help you Keep "it" o0o Up!!!
Tie a Black (tire shaped) cardstock tag to a can of Fix-A-Flat tire inflator.
get the kleenex....
Author Unknown ~ Written by a Soldier
'Twas The Night Before Christmas,
He Lived All Alone,
In A One Bedroom House
Made Of Plaster And Stone.
I Had Come Down The Chimney
With Presents To Give,
And To See Just Who
In This Home Did Live.
I Looked All About,
A Strange Sight I Did See,
No Tinsel, No Presents,
Not Even A Tree.
No Stocking By Mantle,
Just Boots Filled With Sand,
On The Wall Hung Pictures
Of Far Distant Lands.
With Medals And Badges,
Awards Of All Kinds,
A Sober Thought
Came Through My Mind.
For This House Was Different,
It Was Dark And Dreary,
I Found The Home Of A Soldier,
Once I Could See Clearly.
The Soldier Lay Sleeping,
Curled Up On The Floor
In This One Bedroom Home.
The Face Was So Gentle,
The Room In Such Disorder,
Not How I Pictured
A United States Soldier.
Was This The Hero
Of Whom I'd Just Read?
Curled Up On A Poncho,
The Floor For A Bed?
I Realized The Families
That I Saw This Night,
Owed Their Lives To These Soldiers
Who Were Willing To Fight.
Soon Round The World,
The Children Would Play,
And Grownups Would Celebrate
A Bright Christmas Day.
They All Enjoyed Freedom
Each Month Of The Year,
Because Of The Soldiers,
Like The One Lying Here.
I Couldn't Help Wonder
How Many Lay Alone,
On A Cold Christmas Eve
In A Land Far From Home.
The Very Thought
Brought A Tear To My Eye,
I Dropped To My Knees
And Started To Cry.
The Soldier Awakened
And I Heard A Rough Voice,
"Santa Don't Cry,
This Life Is My Choice;
I Fight For Freedom,
I Don't Ask For More,
My Life Is My God,
My Country, My Corps."
The Soldier Rolled Over
And Drifted To Sleep,
I Couldn't Control It,
I Continued To Weep.
I Kept Watch For Hours,
So Silent And Still
And We Both Shivered
From The Cold Night's Chill.
I Didn't Want To Leave
On That Cold, Dark, Night,
This Guardian Of Honor
So Willing To Fight.
Then The Soldier Rolled Over,
With A Voice Soft And Pure,
Whispered, "Carry On Santa,
It's Christmas Day, All Is Secure."
One Look At My Watch,
And I Knew He Was Right.
"Merry Christmas My Friend,
And To All A Good Night."
Santa's Snack Attack
On Christmas Eve, dear Santa said:
I must go, while they're all in bed."
Mrs Claus made him yummy fruit pies
For his long journey through the skies.
With gifts and goodies upon his sleigh.
He started joyfully on his way,
He ate a pie flying over North Pole,
Above Canada, he ate a jelly roll.
While sipping cocoa over Montana,
Santa started munching a banana,
Between deliveries, Santa would scoff,
He had to take his black belt off.
Leaving Utah , he ate raisin toast,
And a snickers, on the Pacific coast.
Now Santa's stuck in a chimney stack,
He's simply too fat to clamber back!
So, if you see him, it's because
Of all goodies purchased by Mrs Claus!
~ courtesy of LazyBear ~
Buy: Hostess Fruit Pies - Little Debbie Jelly Rolls - Stephen's Cocoa - Bananas - Homemade Cinna-Raisin Bread - Snickers
I'm doing this gift basket for my neighbors. I bought round red fruit baskets and I'll wrap the top of them with a black belt.
Five Little Snowflakes
Five little snowflakes sitting on the gate,
The first one said "On my, it's getting late."
The second one said, "Jack Frost is in the air."
The third one said, "But we don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's whirl and twirl away."
The fifth one said, "It's such a sunny day."
Oo- oo!! went the wind, and out came the sun,
and the five little snowflakes blew off to have fun!
~ courtesy of LazyBear ~
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)|