Pinching Your Pennies Forums

Pinching Your Pennies Forums (http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/index.php)
-   Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help! (http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Need a cute "late" poem - creative minds out there? (http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140251)

Cruiser 12-27-2009 04:26 PM

Need a cute "late" poem - creative minds out there?
 
Okay - I didn't get neighbor gifts out - and now I want to do something before New Year's.

I have canned (Planter's) mixed nuts and cashews to hand out. I need some cute little saying to go with them --

Maybe being a nut I forgot to deliver them earlier? I've done a nutty neighbor type poem before, so don't want to do that again....

Something about too much to do and not enough time before Christmas?

Anyway - I figure nuts are something they can just keep until whenever they want to eat them and they may use them for New Year's anyway....

I'm SO not creative in the poem/ sayings dept! Thanks for any/all help!

sarahbug 12-27-2009 05:42 PM

"The holidays sure make things MIXED up-
so heres a late gift to show you we're not NUTS"

michelleh 12-27-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbug
"The holidays sure make things MIXED up-
so heres a late gift to show you we're not NUTS"

that's really cute. I've also had neighbors do a Happy New Year's gift rather than Christmas. you could just do that.

ChristinaB 12-27-2009 08:57 PM

It's still the Christmas season, right? I wouldn't say anything about being late, just hand them the gift and tell them, Merry Christmas! We're glad you're our neighbor.

Deweyville 12-27-2009 09:01 PM

From the title, I thought you wanted a 'I'm late' poem to announce a pregnancy! sheesh *flushed

Just make it a New Year's gift. Then you're not late anymore.

Michellyn 12-27-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deweyville
From the title, I thought you wanted a 'I'm late' poem to announce a pregnancy! sheesh *flushed

Just make it a New Year's gift. Then you're not late anymore.

Too funny! Yeah, I don't think you need to put anything about being late.

Cruiser 12-27-2009 11:17 PM

hahahhahahahhahaha
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deweyville
From the title, I thought you wanted a 'I'm late' poem to announce a pregnancy! sheesh *flushed

Just make it a New Year's gift. Then you're not late anymore.

You make me laugh HARD, since you know me better than to know being pregnant isn't an option! LOL

Cruiser 12-27-2009 11:18 PM

Love this one!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahbug
"The holidays sure make things MIXED up-
so heres a late gift to show you we're not NUTS"

This is great! Thanks!

goodcarma 12-28-2009 12:28 AM

This is one we've used in the past:

Is it Christmas yet?
Or are we too late?

Even though we’re quite overdue,
Merry Christmas and
Happy New Year, too!


In fact, we missed a couple of friends this year so they'll be receiving a gift w/this poem this week! :angel12:

Cruiser 12-28-2009 01:16 AM

Love this one, too!
 
This is a great one, too! Now I have to decide...want to get these delivered tomorrow or the next day :)



Quote:

Originally Posted by goodcarma
This is one we've used in the past:

Is it Christmas yet?
Or are we too late?

Even though we’re quite overdue,
Merry Christmas and
Happy New Year, too!


In fact, we missed a couple of friends this year so they'll be receiving a gift w/this poem this week! :angel12:



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2004-2011, Pinching Your Pennies, LLC. All rights reserved