Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 01-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Best Baby Deals Moderator

When I first moved into this ward the Relief Society did a quarterly Birthday dinner for sisters who had their birthdays that quarter. We are going to try something similar for birthdays in primary, but do it monthly. On their birthday week they will get an invitation to the breakfast, and the music leader will do a small spotlight for each child asking them 1-2 questions about themselves.
I personally am really sick of all of the little things that come home from EVERYWHERE and I am trying not to feed into it.
The breakfast will be very simple, muffins (or similar) fruit and a drink. It will be 45 min- 1 hr long. Just so we can get to know the kids a little better.
Maybe it won't work but I figure I won't know unless I try.
Has anyone ever done anything like this? What worked, what didn't?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by s275hv View Post
When I first moved into this ward the Relief Society did a quarterly Birthday dinner for sisters who had their birthdays that quarter. We are going to try something similar for birthdays in primary, but do it monthly. On their birthday week they will get an invitation to the breakfast, and the music leader will do a small spotlight for each child asking them 1-2 questions about themselves.
I personally am really sick of all of the little things that come home from EVERYWHERE and I am trying not to feed into it.
The breakfast will be very simple, muffins (or similar) fruit and a drink. It will be 45 min- 1 hr long. Just so we can get to know the kids a little better.
Maybe it won't work but I figure I won't know unless I try.
Has anyone ever done anything like this? What worked, what didn't?
Okay, so I really like this idea because you are taking the time to get to know each of the kids in a smaller group setting. And good for you guys for taking the time out of your schedule to do this every single month. WOW!!! And I think this is something the kids will remember the rest of their lives vs. a small trinket.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default birthday tag

We are doing a tag/necklace with the 2013 theme "I am a child of God" on it. Then on the back we will have one thing their mom or dad says is special about them. Then they get to wear the necklace all day Sunday letting ppl know it's their birthday while they feel recognized & special.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Last year our ward did small wood blocks with vinyl "CTR" on them, they were all painted, blue, red, pink, purple, black (you get the idea) and the kids could choose what one they wanted. They were super cute.
I'm not sure what they are doing this year though.