Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 11-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Gluten free ideas for kids Birthday party

My kids both have their birthdays next month and I've started planning out what we're doing for them. Their best friends are gluten free and I'd like to include something they can eat without getting sick or their Mom worrying about.

I'd like to make some cupcakes for them, does Pillsbury or similar make a gluten free mix that is available at most stores?

And what are some good snack food I can include that everyone can eat? I'm not up on gluten free ideas. I was planning on some fruit cups but also for my sons birthday since he is doing a samurai theme we're doing sandwiches shaped like sushi, so bread and tortillas, any brands to look for?

I'd ask the Mom but she's the type to say don't worry about it. But since these are my kids' BFF's I want to make sure they don't have to worry about having things to eat like everyone else.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I would ask the mother if they are super sensitive and what she reccomends. My friend is Gluten free and she cannot even have anything baked or cooked in a pan that has ever been used with regular food even if it's clean and sanitized. Just be very careful! I do know that Sweet Tooth Fairy has Gluten free cupcakes if you want to get those for them.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I know they aren't super sensitive where they can't use the same pan, in fact her kids ate the regular cupcakes at the party last year. But I know it makes her worry so I wanted to just bake up some cupcakes.