Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Penny Pincher

Default fun games for adults

i'm hosting a christmas party at my house with about 10 adults. does anybody know of any fun games to play? thanks so much!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Master Penny Pincher

We are game freaks, so I could list way more games than you could ever want to hear about. Here are some that are really fun big group games: Taboo, Gestures, Tri-bond, Anybody's Guess, Druthers, Pictionary (or do it on big paper like win lose or draw), Time's Up, Imaginif, Apples to Apples, Blurt, Outburst.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

1. This one is always a hit: Elephant, Giraffe, Palm Tree
Form a circle with one person in the middle. The middle person will point to an individual and the person pointed to along with the persons on each side will have to form what was called out. ELEPHANT- Middle person (one pointed to) will form an elephant trunk by putting arms straight in front of you crossed at the wrists. Persons on each side will form the ears of the elephant by bending toward middle person, cupping around the mouth with hands as if whispering to the middle person. GIRAFFE- Person pointed to raise arms above head, arms extended fingers closed. Side people will grab middle ones waist bending over. PALM TREE- Middle person raise arms above head in "Y" formation, fingers open. Side people do the same but lean toward outside, away from the middle person. The object of the game is to try to keep changing all the time. The game has to be played quickly. As soon as an object is formed, the person in the middle of the circle has to point to someone else.

2. Here's a rhythm game: King Elephant

3. You pin or tape the name of a different famous person to the back of each guest. Each guest has to guess the name of their character by asking the others questions to which the answer must be 'Yes' or 'No'. For instance 'Am I female?' It helps to maintain the theme if the famous character has something to do with that theme; however this is not essential and in fact it can be great fun if one or two of the characters have nothing at all to do with the theme.

4. You could also give each guest so many pennies/clothspins/choc. kisses and tell them they can't say a certain Christmas word (like snow, Christmas, white, etc.) and if someone catches them saying the word, they get one of their pennies/cloths pins/choc. kisses and the one who ends up with the most wins a prize.

5. You could also do white elephant gifts. Here's a game to go along with it:
Gift Exchange. To play this, you need ample floor space. Everyone should get in a circle, and you then place unwrapped gifts in the middle. The number of gifts should be fewer than the number of guests. Wrap the gifts in different boxes of different sizes and colors. Your gifts should range from nicer gifts (bath beads, a small picture frame) to cheap gag gifts (less than a dollar). When you're ready to begin, set a timer for ten minutes. The first person rolls 2 dice. If they rolls doubles, they can select a prize from the middle. If not, they do nothing. Either way they then passe the dice around the circle. Everyone keeps rolling and taking a gift when they get doubles. When the prizes are all gone, the guests then may start taking gifts from other guests if they roll doubles....or they can trade with someone else. Keep passing until the time expires. Then, everyone keeps whatever gift they have....and they open the boxes. It's a blast then seeing what gifts people fought over, especially if they wind up being the gag gifts.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:26 PM

Default Fun game!

I don't know what this is called or if one of our friends made it up. Each person gets a blank 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper and a pencil or pen.

Each person writes some random statement at the top of the page like "John has smelly feet" or "Santa isn't bringing anything to Sue because she is naughty." Then everyone passes his paper with the statement to the person next to him. That person reads the statement and then has to draw a depiction of the statement. He then passes that paper to the person next to him, BUT FIRST folds over the original statement so the person next to him can't read it and has to guess what the drawn depiction means. That person has to write what he thinks the drawing means. On and on, folding the paper so that only the last thing shows...alternately drawing and then writing down a description of the drawn picture. When you run out of room on the papers, you stop and pass them around so everyone can see how funny the original statement was drawn, morphed and interpreted.

It helps if everyone draws small and folds the paper to maximize the area left on the page. You should be able to get about 8 folds on the page.

I hope you can understand my description. It is so funny! Some people (like me) can't draw worth a darn and others are good at it. That's where things get misinterpreted and the statements describing the pictures get creative and crazy too.

It is kind of like that game "gossip" or "telephone" where one person whispers to the next person and it keeps going, getting changed as each person repeats what he thinks he heard. Then you find out what the original person really said.

I'll try to describe it better if you'd like.

Have fun!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Bump! Need more ideas for New Years Eve.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default google

after googling for a while...I found this site...

http://www.centrinet.com/christmas/party_games.htm

Lifesgr8 Wishlist
Old 12-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default Directions

Noah痴 Ark
The group divides in two parallel lines facing each other across the room (perhaps boys/girls but doesn稚 matter). Each person is assigned an animal whose match is across the room somewhere. After being given a moment of thought, everyone in the room acts like the assigned animal and walks (crawls, flaps, waddles, etc) across the room in search of their mate. No human language is allowed. When people think they have discovered their mate, the go to the referee. The pandemonium proceeds until everyone has been mated.To help with the assignment of animals perhaps you could make two sets of animal cards to pass out to people. In this case, the people wouldn稚 need to be in parallel lines across from each other. They could just be in a big circle or anywhere in the room.覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

So on this game....would it be that you have 2 of each animal? I know that is a stupid question...i have read it several times and am having trouble wrapping my brain around it?

Lifesgr8 Wishlist
Old 12-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Mad Gab, depending how many people we like Uno Attack, and of course good ol' Texas Hold'em (sometimes we play for candy to make it even more fun).
Old 12-21-2010, 01:36 PM

What's your like is FUN!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Charades, and then you add twist in it like. The winner will put lipstick on the losing team's faces.